Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult

I've read many Jodi Picoult books over the years. While I really enjoy her style..I have found over the years that I either love or hate her books. One thing that is consistent however is that I am often caught completely off guard by her ending. ( a definite plus!)

The other day, wanting a break from the heavy reading I've been doing as I study for my last final...I picket up her book "Keeping Faith". I am about a hundred pages in but I am intrgued and hooked. It is about a 7 year old girl who is supposedly communicating with God and performing miracles.

Has anyone read this book? If yes..no spoilers please ..but what did you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from keane5050. Show keane5050's posts

Re: Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult

I'm a big fan of Jodi Picoult's books.  I think "Keeping Faith" was very good.  Great surprise at the end.

I think my favorite of hers is "Change of Heart".  Really thought provoking.   About a convicted murderer who wants to donate his heart.  Like most of her books it follows a pretty standard formula.  Family, trial, etc. but still very good.

I'm interested to hear how you like the rest of the book.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult

In response to keane5050's comment:

I'm a big fan of Jodi Picoult's books.  I think "Keeping Faith" was very good.  Great surprise at the end.

I think my favorite of hers is "Change of Heart".  Really thought provoking.   About a convicted murderer who wants to donate his heart.  Like most of her books it follows a pretty standard formula.  Family, trial, etc. but still very good.

I'm interested to hear how you like the rest of the book.

Hi Keane..I am on page 319...just after Lenzie has interviewed Colin. I know from experience with Jodi Picoult books that there is going to be some twist at the end..but I can't for the life of me guess it in this book. So far the book is captivating. I like all the twists, turns and point of views, especially the Catholic Church angle. I like how Faith's mother, Mariah is growing in confidence.  Hoping to finish the book before the weekend is over :-)

I haven't read "Change of Heart"..so thanks for the tip. I'll be on the lookout for it.