What are you reading? (2010 edition)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Re: What are you reading? (2010 edition)

I just finished reading Unexpectedly, Milo by Matthew Dicks.  I liked it, though it's not as good as his other (and first) book, Something Missing, which is a little gem and one of my favorites. 

Next is Breakfast with Buddha by Roland Merullo, or I might go back and finish Diary of a Nobody and/or the Mary Poppins books, which I've been reading out of curiosity.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In Response to Re: What are you reading? (2010 edition):
    [QUOTE]I just finished reading Unexpectedly, Milo by Matthew Dicks.  I liked it, though it's not as good as his other (and first) book, Something Missing , which is a little gem and one of my favorites.  Next is Breakfast with Buddha by Roland Merullo, or I might go back and finish Diary of a Nobody and/or the Mary Poppins books, which I've been reading out of curiosity.
    Posted by EnjoyEverySandwich[/QUOTE]

EnjoyEverySandwich:

Breakfast with Buddha is wonderful IMO. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

andiejen:  Many many people have told me that.  I just started it last night and like it so far.   :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]andiejen:  Many many people have told me that.  I just started it last night and like it so far.   :)

I know this is not a book review forum...though maybe that would not be a bad idea for a separate forum...but when you are done perhaps you can report back what you thought of it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

BTW, andiejen - I read Merullo's Golfing With God and A Little Love Story last year.  I think you would enjoy GWG better than I did -- it didn't speak to me spiritually and I'm not a golfer -- golfers would really love it, I think.  However I really liked Love Story -- the writing was so beautiful.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]BTW, andiejen - I read Merullo's Golfing With God and A Little Love Story last year.  I think you would enjoy GWG better than I did -- it didn't speak to me spiritually and I'm not a golfer -- golfers would really love it, I think.  However I really liked Love Story -- the writing was so beautiful.

Thank you very much. I will seek them out at my library. If no luck, I have some points I can use on amazon. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]To nitpick: He only faced the opportunity to discover that he was wrong. If he was right, then, When the Music's Over....  
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Good point. I guess we will all find out the only way I believe we can truly know for sure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Am just starting a new book that was given to me. Written by Dan Abrams, a legal analyst I have been following since his days at MSNBC.

Called "Man Down. Proof Beyond a Reasonable Doubt That Women Are Better Cops, Drivers, Gamblers, Spies, World Leaders, Beer Tasters, Hedge Fund Managers, and Just About EVERYTHING ELSE".

On the back cover is written, CLAIM: Women are smarter, healthier, and unequivocally better than men. PROOF: Read this book. 

Guess I will decide if I agree after I read the book.