What did you think of Madonna's halftime show?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter54. Show scooter54's posts

Re: What did you think of Madonna's halftime show?

Awesome show, great effects, good music for most of us.  Wished she would sing live, or recorded just before and lipsynched that. 

She looks great and can move.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carraway. Show carraway's posts

what are you people watching? it was awful!

not saying every halftime has to be springsteen, U2 or prince, but that was flat out bad. elton john is right madonna is way overrated.

next year give some kids a shot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DRK. Show DRK's posts

It was visually interesting, but that's all.  Canned music needs to stop

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Danskat. Show Danskat's posts

Meh.  It was a good 'put on a show'.  But I'm not into the lip-synching that everyone is doing these days, so that they can try to dance in unstable high heels.  Sign me a curmudgeon!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregRod87. Show GregRod87's posts

Not a fan of lip synching either...but wow...you thought it was terrible?

I thought it was probably one of the best in a long time. Great dancing...some good old hits and Madonna proving that at 53 if you keep yourself in great shape you can still move just like a young star.

Instead of dissing because she is older now....folks should be praising her for not going out to pasture.

I suppose Tom Petty put on a better show...or Paul McCartney?  Talk about boring!

Madonna put on a show...

A little over the top yes...but still you want to be entertained not put to sleep by Really old over the hill singers whose target audience is 60 plus!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebelleza. Show ebelleza's posts

Loved it!

For a Pop Icon such as Madonna, i think she rocked it as only Madonna could, espcially at 53. How many pop acts last decades beyond what people thought they should or would. Yes, she lipsynched. But given all the production/dancing/choreography/etc, you wouldn't have gotten a clear vocal from her. She's not a singer, she's an entertainer/performer. Besides, no singer would want their microphone to die in the middle of a Super Bowl Performance. Few would want to risk that. As I recall Fergie had problems with her during the BEP's halftime show and it showed. And yes, she was nursing an injury from rehearsel. And you could tell she was a bit stiff but overly cautious about her dance moves. Did anyone see how high those heels were?  Who wants to risk falling during the SuperBowl wtih all the world watching? I love her song Vogue and I think her grand entrance was what you would expect from the Queen of Pop. For someone who helped define the MTV generation, and the expectations of current Pop concerts, I think Madonna did a great job.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from headergirl. Show headergirl's posts

Horrible, worst show ever!  It made no sense and she ripped off a lot of other quality bands.  Bring back U2!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Fitz. Show The-Fitz's posts

Terrible!  Bring on Blue Oyster Cult next year.  More cow bell!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sergeant2. Show Sergeant2's posts

I thought MadonnaJ-LoKatyPerryBeyonceLadyGagaBritneySpearsChristinaAgullria did a good job. Its also nice to see the Dance routines from "Thriller" video are still going strong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

If I could afford her plastic surgeon, hair extensions, private trainers, top shelf diet, nutritionists etc etc,  I would look better than Madonna!!!  Don't they have any young/new performers that could have done a good job???

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamianX. Show DamianX's posts

I thought the overall performance was good.........but it was almsot entirely lyp synced which kills it for me. Apparently most artisits do this for the half time gigs b/c the acoustics are so bad in the stadium.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhhodsdon. Show jhhodsdon's posts

I liked it. I like the over the top stuff. Costumes were fun. I thought she did well enough under the circumstances. Please don't hate on Madonna. She is one of a kind, bold, yes original, and you know it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from obpause. Show obpause's posts

Did anyone else see her almost fall off the top step of the set for the Vogue song? It's on Youtube; never would've happened in an old Madonna show! Too many people onstage, too much clothing, too little new dance moves. I was disappointed and am an (old) Madonna fan from way back!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from obpause. Show obpause's posts

Re: Loved it!

Sorry. I think she stole her opening from the old Liz Taylor movie Cleopatra! Very disappionted...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPDP. Show MVPDP's posts

I have to laugh at the fools whining about madonna's age. How old are the guys in The Who and The Rolling Stones? Sexist much?

I think The Who  were the only ones who didn't lip sync and everyone complained about the sound

Her show was fine. These things last for less than 15 minutes. All the complainers should definitely ask for a refund asap

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rick259g. Show rick259g's posts

Wife and I are Madonna fans from when she first started on MTV..she's a very attractive 53 year old woman trying desparately to appeal to todays 18-25 year olds. We have 2 of them..both were watching with another 4 of their friends with us. We enjoyed the show, while they didn't..especially the new song. And all of the younger set are fans of LMFAO and the others that performed with Madonna. Madonna has got to stick to what she knows and what works. It was a nice effort though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from riffles. Show riffles's posts

It was boring. She lip-synced songs that were 30 years old that we are all sick of and hobbled around on her 4 inch heels while everyone just danced around her.  I wouldn't pay $1 for a concert ticket to see her.  On the other hand, Kelly Clarkson was perfection singing the national anthem.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redglare2. Show redglare2's posts

I thought it was great!  Loved that it was over the top.  Loved Cee-lo (who doesn't?) and especially Nicki Minaj, and yes, even M.I.A., some of whose vocals were bleeped, it seemed.

These comments out here remind me of the old rock vs. disco arguments.  Sorry, dude, Foo Fighters will never be invited to do the SB halftime show, they're not big enough.

And for the grandpa who asked for "music for the grown-ups", I hear next year Neil Diamond, Kenny Rogers, and Tony Bennet will be doing the show, slowing the whole thing down so much that you'll be able to squeeze in a nap during halftime.  "Grown-ups" -- Hah!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeneenhag. Show jeneenhag's posts

I thought the show was good, having been a Madonna fan since the early days, but I have been wondering for the past few years, why they don't choose more acts that appeal to the teenagers/20 somethings watching the game.  These older acts are fine for folks my age, but there are a TON of younger kids watching who would appreciate acts more their own age appeal.  Just my opinion - Madonna did a fair job for the time allotted, and the set, etc were fantastic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mordecai67. Show Mordecai67's posts

Is there any doubt it was lip synched?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GuessMyName. Show GuessMyName's posts

1) Joe Mankeiwicz should sue: total rip-off of Cleopatra's entrance from 1963 movie (which still couldn't disguise the fact that Madonna's no Liz Taylor).

2) Thought it was hysterical that she opened up a Super Bowl show with a song about Drag Queen parties in Harlem

3) Call me old-fashioned but it's a football game for cripes sake!  What the heck is wrong with a marching band playing "Stars and Stripes Forever"?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In Response to Re: What did you think of Madonna's halftime show?:
    [QUOTE]1) Joe Mankeiwicz should sue: total rip-off of Cleopatra's entrance from 1963 movie (which still couldn't disguise the fact that Madonna's no Liz Taylor). 2) Thought it was hysterical that she opened up a Super Bowl show with a song about Drag Queen parties in Harlem 3) Call me old-fashioned but it's a football game for cripes sake!  What the heck is wrong with a marching band playing "Stars and Stripes Forever"?
    Posted by GuessMyName[/QUOTE]

I must be old fashioned as well because I would prefer #3 in a heartbeat.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

On principle, I hate the lip-synch thing.  Poster girl Ms. Spears and all that.  But...

Ever been to a Pops Fourth of July Concert rehearsal on the esplanade?  That's when I go.  They'll re-do a piece, or a bit in between, if they didn't get it just right, for the next night.  I think it was Neil Diamond's performance where they did a couple of takes of a song.  (Perhaps someone remembers better than I do.)  Who knows if it was just a spare to be cut over to, as they told us, or if the next night was totally synched to the rehearsal tape?

Seems to me that, like it or not, the stakes are about the same for the two productions.  What if the sound goes out when the whole country's watching?  No do-overs then.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from d-st. Show d-st's posts

Madonna's halftime show was one of the best.  The dancer on the tight rope was awesome.  Madonna looks good for her age.  She still looks young and hasn't had any plastic surgery.