Iron Man 3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Iron Man 3

I saw Iron Man 3 last night and despite all the hype,it didn't disappoint.I was expecting it to be a somewhat darker version than the previous 2 but it provided a lot of levity as well.I thought it was a good movie and would definitely recommend seeing it if you liked the first 2.If you go and look for thngs to be disappointed in,I'm sure you'll find them.Some of the hardcore comic geeks had a couple of problems because it didn't follow the comic book version verbatem,but that's on them.If you're looking to spend some time kicking back and enjoying a humorous,action packed movie,then Iron man 3 is probably a good movie for you to see.Robert Downey once again proves that he IS Iron Man.

Also,there's a short surprise scene AFTER all the credits roll,like most Marvel movies, that I thought was worth sitting through the credits for.

Next movie up for me,Star Trek:Into Darkness on May 15th.Can't hardly wait.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Iron Man 3

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Some of the hardcore comic geeks had a couple of problems because it didn't follow the comic book version verbatem,but that's on them.If you're looking to spend some time kicking back and enjoying a humorous,action packed movie,then Iron man 3 is probably a good movie for you to see.Robert Downey once again proves that he IS Iron Man.

Hi MrMojo,

Nice writeup.   Glad you had a favorable reaction to Iron Man 3.   

Thought I'd ask if you've seen, or are planning to see, "42" ?    Since you love the movies, and love baseball, it sounds like a match for you.     :)

As per the movie, I read a fantastic writeup yesterday written by Bob Ryan, in the sports section, of all places.  He felt he had to see "42", and he did report on what you refer to above, re: the Hollywoodization (of sorts) of the story.   Of course, with a comic book hero, it's not as serious as real history, but it's rare when a film is 100% accurate to its original source.   He does slam the film to a certain extent re: it's historical accuracy, but he is also fully aware that because he loves the game as much as he does, and knows the history as well as he does (he said he's probably read every book on the topic), he's going to poke more holes in the portrayal of the story of Jackie Roinson more than the average movie-goer.   I loved reading his POV; Ryan knows how to pick nits.  :)

OTOH, he then goes into a litany of praise for the film.   Said the casting is superb.  Loved Chadwick Boseman and Nicole Beharie (said she is knock-out gorgeous, true to life).   He also said he loved Harrison Ford's performance as Branch Rickey -- and thinks the performance is award-worthy.  Wow.  :)

Anyhow, he recommended it highly, flaws and all, since in Ryan's opinion, it's one of the most important American stories of the 20th century, and everyone, of all ages, should be aware of it.   Ryan's words were very compelling.   

Just thought I'd put in a good word, in case you were waffling re: seeing it.  Or maybe you've already seen it?   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

I saw Iron Man 3 last night and despite all the hype,it didn't disappoint.I was expecting it to be a somewhat darker version than the previous 2 but it provided a lot of levity as well.I thought it was a good movie and would definitely recommend seeing it if you liked the first 2.If you go and look for thngs to be disappointed in,I'm sure you'll find them.Some of the hardcore comic geeks had a couple of problems because it didn't follow the comic book version verbatem,but that's on them.If you're looking to spend some time kicking back and enjoying a humorous,action packed movie,then Iron man 3 is probably a good movie for you to see.Robert Downey once again proves that he IS Iron Man.

Also,there's a short surprise scene AFTER all the credits roll,like most Marvel movies, that I thought was worth sitting through the credits for.

Next movie up for me,Star Trek:Into Darkness on May 15th.Can't hardly wait.

Finally got to see Iron Man 3 today after a scheduled event was postponed due to rain. I have to say..I just love Downey in this role. I think it's by far his best role ever.  It was somewhat darker than the previous two. I still think the first is the best..but I like this one better than the second. 

I can't imagine anyone else playing Iron Man. It's funny..our theatre was packed..no doubt due in part to the weather...but there were literally..only 8 people who stayed long enough to see the surprise scene at the end...then the little "assurance" at the very end.

Not all these extra little scenes are worth hanging around for..but I thought this one was very funny.

Not really a Star Trek fan...so I am waiting for Man of Steel. Also saw a preview for The Lone Ranger. Not sure about that one yet..lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joddiemoore. Show joddiemoore's posts

Same here i am also disappointed cause it will end but for me the story was fine.