MacGruber

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumCleaner. Show ForumCleaner's posts

MacGruber

BEST-MOVIE-EVER. Rent it. Watch it. You won't be sorry.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

Re: MacGruber

Forum I assume you have watched only 2 movies in your life, the other being Isthar.  lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumCleaner. Show ForumCleaner's posts

In Response to Re: MacGruber:
    [QUOTE]Forum I assume you have watched only 2 movies in your life, the other being Isthar.  lol
    Posted by shumirules[/QUOTE]

I am a movie buff. I thought MacGruber was the funniest movie in some time. Completely captured the latent homosexuality of 80s action movies, and did a good job of lampooning the genre.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

You called itthe best movie EVER, and you claim to be a movie buff.

What is your second best movie ever.\?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumCleaner. Show ForumCleaner's posts

[QUOTE]You called itthe best movie EVER, and you claim to be a movie buff.   What is your second best movie ever.\?

I was using a little hyperbole there. I would probably say in all honesty, one of the best comedies I've seen in some time. And definitely my favorite SNL movie.

My first and second favorite movies? That is tough, because I usually break things up by genre. But it is probably a tie between Fight Club and Rosemary's Baby.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

Well being the best SNL movie is one thing although the Blues Brothers is really the only greatone i can think of.

MacGruber has to be better then Ask Pat.  Or the Al Frankin movie.

But being the best SNL movie is like being the worlds tallest midget.

I really cant say Fight Club is even in the top 100 movies ever or even in the top 500 for that matter although it is a very good movie.

Rosemarys Baby is not even Polanski's best its not even his second best. Chinatown and the pianist are both way better.

I do however like you break up movies into genre.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumCleaner. Show ForumCleaner's posts

[QUOTE]Well being the best SNL movie is one thing although the Blues Brothers is really the only greatone i can think of. MacGruber has to be better then Ask Pat.  Or the Al Frankin movie. But being the best SNL movie is like being the worlds tallest midget. I really cant say Fight Club is even in the top 100 movies ever or even in the top 500 for that matter although it is a very good movie. Rosemarys Baby is not even Polanski's best its not even his second best. Chinatown and the pianist are both way better. I do however like you break up movies into genre.

I put Rosemary's baby as number one because I am a huge horror movie fan, and I honestly think it is the most effective horror movie ever made. And I did like it better than China Town. It turns mundane things like tea with the neighbors, moving into a new apartment, a new couple starting a life together, into terrorfying experiences. I like Chinatown as well. Not a fan of the Pianist though.

I still think Fight Club was a wonderful movie, and definitely belongs in the top 10 (but maybe that is because the feminization of america theme struck a chord with me). In hindsight, I probably would place Goodfellas as my number one. Scorcese slipped my mind when I answered the question.

Funny thing about the blues brothers, I couldn't stand that movie. I thought Waynes World was pretty good (if you take a respect the genre approach), and I even liked parts of the Lady's Man (which I know most people hated). For me MacGruber was succesful 1) because Kristen Wig has got to be one of the funniest women on screen these days and 2) because it took a weak concept (the macgruber sketch), and used it to create a strong concept that sustained a very funny film: 80s action movies were really, really gay. Again you have to take a respect the genre approach. It is a comedy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

I forgot about Waynes World that was a good one too.

I agree withyou on GoodFellas actaully think it is better then the Godfather's.  And they are great movies.

If you ask me to rate the best movies ever I would put all 3 in the top ten,
    would add the Seachers best western ever, more recently I would also add Unforgiven to that list.

But you have me I am now going to go put MacGruber on my que on netflix.

Have you seen the movie Rocknrolla yet? Its a Guy Richie movie you may like it based on what you have said it is a british gangster film.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumCleaner. Show ForumCleaner's posts

[QUOTE]I forgot about Waynes World that was a good one too. I agree withyou on GoodFellas actaully think it is better then the Godfather's.  And they are great movies. If you ask me to rate the best movies ever I would put all 3 in the top ten, would add the Seachers best western ever, more recently I would also add Unforgiven to that list. But you have me I am now going to go put MacGruber on my que on netflix. Have you seen the movie Rocknrolla yet? Its a Guy Richie movie you may like it based on what you have said it is a british gangster film.

I've been meaning to watch Rocknrolla. I love gangster movies of any kind. Will be sure to check it now that you've mentioned it.

The only warning I will give on MacGruber is Forte makes an unusual lead. I can't quite put my finger on it. But there were moments when he was excellent, and other moments when he was overshadowed by Wig (who basically was funny even when her lines weren't). I think, and this is just my opinion, he is a great comedic actor when he has good material. But he isn't the kind of actor who can turn vanilla or crap into funny by charisma alone. So it does produce some peaks and valleys in the movie. Still, I loved it. If you grew up watching Miami Vice, Arnold and Sylvester movies, there is plenty to enjoy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I haven't seen MacGruber -- the premise of the shorts was funny . . .   once . . .  and I would be interested to see what else (if anything) MacGruber has got, but having said all that, I would take a flier on this simply for Kristen Wiig -- who is that rarest of treasures . . .  a comedic actress whose mere presence is funny.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumCleaner. Show ForumCleaner's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't seen MacGruber -- the premise of the shorts was funny . . .   once . . .  and I would be interested to see what else (if anything) MacGruber has got, but having said all that, I would take a flier on this simply for Kristen Wiig -- who is that rarest of treasures . . .  a comedic actress whose mere presence is funny.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Kristen Wiig is awesome. I don't think we've had someone like her since Gilda Radner.