The Avengers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

The Avengers

Has anyone seen this movie? I saw it last night and loved it. The special effects were amazing and I thought it was a very well cast movie. Action packed and funny. I actually think Robert Downey played Iron Man better in this movie than in the previous one and that is saying something since I loved him in the Iron Man movies.
    Mark Ruffalo was perfect as Bruce Banner. The Hulk special effects were also amazing.
    Funny, when I was a kid, the Hulk was my favorite comic book character and I used to watch The Incredible Hulk on TV. Now, as an adult, I have come to appreciate more the flaws of a guy who his smart and charming one minute..then turns into an irrational beast the next.

The ending definitely left the door wide open for more Avenger movies and based on its current success, I am guessing there will be many more. On a Tuesday night, the theatre was packed..and I was sittiing in one of three showings.
    Also, if you go, stay for all of the credits. You'll be glad you did.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: The Avengers

I've seen the movie twice already and will be going again this weekend.The funny part is,I'm really not or ever was a comic book "geek" until fairly recently.The Iron Man movies got me excited for The Avengers.Thor and Captain America were pretty good movies too but nowhere near as good as Downey as Iron Man.Mark Ruffalo was perfect for the Hulk role.I thought he was the most improved character in The Avengers movie as compared to the Hulk movie.
      The thing I liked about it was not only the action scenes,but there was some GREAT funny lines and scenes as well.Almost every review I read was complimentary of the film.I'll be looking forward to Avengers 2,but also I know that Iron Man 3 (in 2013) and Captain America 2 (2014) are in the works.
      I did stay for all the credits and saw both scenes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I definitely want to see it again..several times in fact and I haven't felt that way about a movie since Iron Man I..lol. I agree about Ruffalo being much better in the Hulk role than the previous guy. They did the special effects for the Hulk better as well. You can tell they incorporated Ruffalo's features. Really cool.

I agree about the funny lines. There were several places where I was laughing out loud. I don't love the Captain America character..but may watch the second one anyhow. I think they left the door open for multiple Avenger movies.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Taking my 12 year old son this weekend.  Two guys played the HULK before Rufalo - Edward Norton and the forgetabl Eric Bana. The Hulk with Bana had the title character fight two dog's a HULK poodle and a HULK rotweiler....ugghhh! the worst super hero movie EVER! The Norton version of the HULK was much better.  Looking forward to the Avengers.
    NOTE: THOR was second to The Hulk as worst super hero movie to date, followed by the Green Lantern.................

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In Response to Re: The Avengers:
    [QUOTE]Taking my 12 year old son this weekend.  Two guys played the HULK before Rufalo - Edward Norton and the forgetabl Eric Bana. The Hulk with Bana had the title character fight two dog's a HULK poodle and a HULK rotweiler....ugghhh! the worst super hero movie EVER! The Norton version of the HULK was much better.  Looking forward to the Avengers. NOTE: THOR was second to The Hulk as worst super hero movie to date, followed by the Green Lantern.................
    Posted by RogerTaylor[/QUOTE]
    Yeah..there have been some pretty bad superhero movies over the years..really cheesy.  It's nice to see with Iron Man, the Avengers and The Dark Knight that they are finally getting them right. I hope you enjoy it. There aren't too many movies I would go see in the theatre more than once..but I am already trying to work the next opportunity into my schedule.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Avengers : Yeah..there have been some pretty bad superhero movies over the years..really cheesy.  It's nice to see with Iron Man, the Avengers and The Dark Knight that they are finally getting them right. I hope you enjoy it. There aren't too many movies I would go see in the theatre more than once..but I am already trying to work the next opportunity into my schedule.
    Posted by miscricket[/QUOTE]

I'd rather buy a used DVD of a movie for $5 or $6 after a movie has been released than pay $12+ dollars for a seat in a lousy cinema plus $8 for popcorn. Iron Man, Dark Knight well worth the price of admission......hoping Avengers is too!

I know I sound cheap but when you do the math it's a lot of money:

$12 x 4 Tickets = $48.00
    $4.00 x 4 Drinks = $16.00
    $6.00 x 4 Popcorn = $24.00
    Total = $88.00!

Love the Drive Inn - $25.00 for a car load and 2 movies BYOF! (Bring Your Own Food!) my kid's enjoy it too! Mendon,MA Smithfield,RI (off 295/146) Laconia,NH....

Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Roger,I'm pretty sure you'll dig the Avengers movie,it's well worth the money.I guess I'm lucky that way though.The cinema I go to is 100 yards from my place,cost $8.00 and I go with my friends,so I'm only paying for myself.
      But,when you go,take miscricket's advice.Stay until the very end of all the credits.
      I had started a thread on the music board with a song from the Avengers soundtrack.It's a new Soundgarden song and has some scenes from the movie in the video.Here it is again if you're interested :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3ZNtOcY_1A

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Avengers : ******************************* I'd rather buy a used DVD of a movie for $5 or $6 after a movie has been released than pay $12+ dollars for a seat in a lousy cinema plus $8 for popcorn. Iron Man, Dark Knight well worth the price of admission......hoping Avengers is too! I know I sound cheap but when you do the math it's a lot of money: $12 x 4 Tickets = $48.00 $4.00 x 4 Drinks = $16.00 $6.00 x 4 Popcorn = $24.00 Total = $88.00! Love the Drive Inn - $25.00 for a car load and 2 movies BYOF! (Bring Your Own Food!) my kid's enjoy it too! Mendon,MA Smithfield,RI (off 295/146) Laconia,NH....

You don't sound cheap. You sound like most people I know..myself included. The ridiculous cost is why I really only watch a couple of movies a year in the theatre..and those are limited to action which for I enjoy more on the big screen. Comedies and romance and such I wait for the DVD.

Funny..we went on Tuesday night which is generally not convenient, but once in a while a Tuesday opens up. At Showcase, movies on Tuesdays are $5.75. Unfortunately..the popcorn is still overpriced.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Well my son and I went and I have to say - the story action, humor and special effects were all very well done - especially the HULK! - the BEST version of the 3!!!

Only 1 hiccup - Black Widow being chased by the Hulk - then Black Widow is fighting the guy with bow and arrow! Ten minutes later the Hulk/Dr. Banner is in a pile of rubble talking to Harry Dean Stanton! - How and when did he get there???? LOL

Probably the BEST of the super hero movies to date! Looking forward to buying it on Blu Ray when it gets released....

NOTE: We stayed until the very end.....funny!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]Well my son and I went and I have to say - the story action, humor and special effects were all very well done - especially the HULK! - the BEST version of the 3!!! Only 1 hiccup - Black Widow being chased by the Hulk - then Black Widow is fighting the guy with bow and arrow! Ten minutes later the Hulk/Dr. Banner is in a pile of rubble talking to Harry Dean Stanton! - How and when did he get there???? LOL Probably the BEST of the super hero movies to date! Looking forward to buying it on Blu Ray when it gets released.... NOTE: We stayed until the very end.....funny!

Glad you liked it. I see what you mean in that particular part. I feel like I missed something in that scene. I think the hulk was actually fighting Thor and then fell out and landed in the pile of rubble...I thought that conversation was hilarious. When I see it again, I will have to pay better attention to that whole scene. Everything happened so fast!