What are the worst movies castings ever made?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Re: What are the worst movies castings ever made?

In response to gardenofweeden's comment:

Diane Keaton in the Godfather films.

Talia Shire I feel was even worse. Not a fan of her work in the Rocky series either. IMO.

Rosie O'Donnell as Betty Rubble didn't work for me either.

Was anyone else taken back when Ted Danson, aka "Sam Malone" showed up in Saving Private Ryan? Odd.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Capybara29. Show Capybara29's posts

Matt Damon in The Informant!  (and every other example of the following category...)

Nothing steams me more than when Hollywood, rather than just cast someone who actually *is* nerdy or awkward-looking for the role of a nerdy, awkward-looking character, instead spends hours with makeup and prosthetics to DE-beautify a great-looking actor/actress.  SO STUPID!!!! 

In general, I just can't stand the casting of actors/actresses who clearly look nothing at all like a character, just for the name recognition.

Like how about James Franco in the recent Planet of the Apes???  Yeah, James Franco really makes me think brilliant scientist.  So cerebral and eloquent and stately, that guy.  Come on!  Completely ruined that movie for me.  Not that it was good anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Capybara29. Show Capybara29's posts

Oh, had to add this P.S. with another example from TV:  Diane Kruger in The Bridge!!!!  Sure, let's case a stunningly beautiful German former supermodel as an awkward Texan homicide detective.  Makes perfect sense.  Another show ruined by some casting director's ridiculous notion that we always need to see the most beautiful face possible even when it makes zero sense for the character.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from niagarabob. Show niagarabob's posts

Another trip back to the fifties... Charlton Heston in olive-makeup as Charlie Vargas in Touch of Evil, also starring Orson Welles.  Potentially an interesting film, but everytime I saw hispanic Charlton it just jarred.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmp1275. Show bmp1275's posts

Alanis Morissette as god in Dogma.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downeast88. Show Downeast88's posts

In response to user_4006961's comment:

In response to darigoni's comment:

Tom Cruise as the 6'5", 250 lb. Jack Reacher.

OMG!  I throw up a little in my throat every time I think about it!

Coming here to say the same thing! 5'5" twerp as the 6'5" 250 lb Reacher? No wonder that movie was DOA at the box office.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from temponed. Show temponed's posts

Sure Tommy Lee jones is bad in Batman Forever but to say he isnt funny is just wrong. His deadpan one-liners in The Fugitive are classic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from laxiankey. Show laxiankey's posts

Gone Baby Gone:

Morgan Freeman as Jack Doyle

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LargeJames. Show LargeJames's posts

In response to VermontJP's comment:

This is going way back.  Burt Lancaster and Shirley Booth in the 1952 film, Come Back Little Sheba.  They are supposed to be husband and wife, but she looks old enough to be his mother.   In reality, she was 15 years older than Burt.

one of the best movies ever.  that's the point.  she's not supposed to be attractive.  they got married because she was pregnant bu then miscarried.  phenomenal film actually.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LargeJames. Show LargeJames's posts

In response to niagarabob's comment:

Another trip back to the fifties... Charlton Heston in olive-makeup as Charlie Vargas in Touch of Evil, also starring Orson Welles.  Potentially an interesting film, but everytime I saw hispanic Charlton it just jarred.

Heston got the movie made and brought Welles back to Hollywood albeit for a brief moment.  I can put up with Heston in brown face because it's a wonderful film.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from s67YesIndeed. Show s67YesIndeed's posts

When you read these postings, for some real humor, Google "Heath Ledger Cast As The Joker Reaction" for an idea of how idiotic some of these responses are.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sprucepine. Show sprucepine's posts

You don't like Ben Affleck as a casting choice for the Bruce Wayne / Batman role in the movie Batman vs Superman because you've seen Affleck portray Batman, or what?

The film is in preproduction to be released in 2015 and you are sure of what Afflect will look like and how he will perform?

Have you ever been pleaseantly surprised by an actor's performance in your life?

Do you think that the producers are blinded by Ben Affleck's stardom and can't see the negatives that you can?

Or is it something else?

Maybe you better gather all the Affleck as Batman haters to go down to the studio and protest loudly and stop this terrible farce!

Or run off and find some other mistcast to complain about!

Did any of you complain about Robin Williams as Mrs. Doubtfire?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rich1273. Show Rich1273's posts

Humphrey Bogart in Virginia City.

Bogart was playing a Mexican bandit in a Western. Not very good casting.

John Wayne as Ghengis Khan in The Conqueror. Just no.