Your favorite zombie movies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpiceyMcHaggis. Show SpiceyMcHaggis's posts

Re: Your favorite zombie movies

The original Night of the Living Dead.  crude, but very effective.

Can't wait to see a screeen version of World War Z!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DjFinny8. Show DjFinny8's posts

For you slow moving zombie purist out there.  Do a Goggle search for "The Dead trailer".  About a zombie outbreak in Africa and 2 soliders trying to get home to their families.   It looks REALLY scary good.  Looks like it's in post production - hopefully it actually gets released.   And no, it's not the new Romero "of the Dead" movie

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigWillie2. Show BigWillie2's posts

Any fillum featuring either Steven Seagall or Patricia Arquette is by definition a Zombie Classic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZOMBIEFAN1. Show ZOMBIEFAN1's posts

I am a big fan of the zombie genre however the recent films have been all a little bit too predictable, i saw something very different in a new movie called THE DEAD, it seems to have been shot in Africa, and goes back to the Romero-esque slow moving zombies which i find much more threatening, there is a trailer at www.thedead-movie.com which hopefully when it comes out this year is typical of what is to come! its also under youtube search using the dead movie africa, there are two trailers!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DPedroiski. Show DPedroiski's posts

The original Night of the Living
    The original Dawn of the Dead
    28 Days Later
    Shaun of the Dead

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marqthompson. Show marqthompson's posts

I appreciate the concern which is been rose. The things need to be sorted out because it is about the individual but it can

be with everyone.
    ===========
    vernon getzler

Auto Deals

Car Buyers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimTownsend. Show JimTownsend's posts

Excluding "Attack of the Vegan Zombies!" is a travesty. But don't take my word for it, see what the critics are saying at: http://www.attackoftheveganzombies.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from littlenikki. Show littlenikki's posts

Biozombie- a Chinese zombie comedy, pretty great if you like slightly campy movies!(wish it had made this list, but it's fairly obscure)
    Dead Alive

Shaun of the Dead

Dead Snow

I LOVED the Dawn of the Dead remake, but as for original Romeros, I loved Day of the dead more than Dawn.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Don't have much of basis of comparison because I was never drawn to horror flicks.  However, I saw Night of the Living Dead on TV years ago and loved it.  It's creepy, crude, poignant, and even funny in parts.  When I was a teenager, I saw Dawn of the Dead when it came out and loved it even more than Night.  I felt that it was a powerful visual social commentary of the times.  I never looked at Warwick Mall in quite the same way after that and I would dare not ever put my arm into one of those coin operated blood pressure machines.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MKL87. Show MKL87's posts

I think this list is pretty good, though I disagree with some of the choices and some films that I really love are omitted.

All in all though, I don't think you could go wrong with any of these films.

Since you guys are all die hard zombie fans, maybe you could take a look at my top zombie movies and see what you think? Its here http://dayofthezombie.blogspot.com/p/best-zombie-movies.html.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marqthompson. Show marqthompson's posts

Real Estate Australia

Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Hat’s off. Well done, as we know that “hard work always pays off”, after a long struggle with sincere effort it’s done.
    -----------------------------
    marqthompson
    Real Estate Australia

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from caf21. Show caf21's posts

Resident Evil. If you can count all three (soon to be four) movies as one, it would have to make the list. ;-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from smithsa28. Show smithsa28's posts

Cemetery Man staring Rupert Everett was a great zombie movie.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumCleaner. Show ForumCleaner's posts

Dawn of the Dead (Original)
    Dawn of the Dead (remake)
    28 Days Later
    Resident Evil (I really think this kicked some life back into the genre)
    Return of the Living Dead
    Shaun of the Dead

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3419717. Show user_3419717's posts

I loved Zombieland and the 3 from Resident Evil, which may be called sci-fi more than a zombie moive. Jesse Eisenberg is an up and coming star, he is in the Facebook movie.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

This is a bit opposite from what this thread asks, but I recently watched Romero's "Diary of the Dead" and was a bit disappointed...

For zombie-movie lovers, do you like to know the cause of the zombie-phenomenon, or are you ok never finding out why it's all happening? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumCleaner. Show ForumCleaner's posts

In Response to Re: Your favorite zombie movies:
    [QUOTE]This is a bit opposite from what this thread asks, but I recently watched Romero's "Diary of the Dead" and was a bit disappointed... For zombie-movie lovers, do you like to know the cause of the zombie-phenomenon, or are you ok never finding out why it's all happening? 
    Posted by poppy609[/QUOTE]

I am cool with never finding the cause. Most zombies movies are done at ground level from the point of view of a handful of survivors, and it makes sense for the exposition to be fragmentary and incomplete. Though I did like how it was done in 28 days later.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your favorite zombie movies : I am cool with never finding the cause. Most zombies movies are done at ground level from the point of view of a handful of survivors, and it makes sense for the exposition to be fragmentary and incomplete. Though I did like how it was done in 28 days later.
    Posted by ForumCleaner[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel as well.  My husband and I were debating it - he gets frustrated and thinks it's stupid if we (the audience) never find out.  I look at it like you do - if we were actually in this situation, we probably wouldn't know why it was all happening at the moment it was happening.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumCleaner. Show ForumCleaner's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your favorite zombie movies : That's how I feel as well.  My husband and I were debating it - he gets frustrated and thinks it's stupid if we (the audience) never find out.  I look at it like you do - if we were actually in this situation, we probably wouldn't know why it was all happening at the moment it was happening.
    Posted by poppy609[/QUOTE]

I agree. Usually take it on a case by case basis. If it is important to the premise of the movie (as it was in 28 days later) then by all means, I think it is critical to include an explanation. But if its incidental, I could care less. For instance, Resident Evil needed to provide an explanation. And with 28 days later, the whole theme of the movie was bound up in the the concept of the rage virus. So you needed that explanation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmperry. Show jimmperry's posts

I always like Re-animator. How they miss it?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RoninScribe. Show RoninScribe's posts

Are you guys kidding me? How can you not have Undead (2003) listed in your top 25? Australia deserves more representation than the token Peter Jackson/Braindead reference, which is a great film too, but the Spierig brothers milk the comedy aspect of the alien invasion/zombie story to vastly more hilarious excesses.

I would also put Slither in there -- not an overt zombie story per se, but the victims of the parasite-from-space behave exactly like the undead freaks we all enjoy seeing killed in progressively , plus the dialog is perfectly laced with sarcasm and Michael Rooker is at his best since Henry.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaninWorc. Show DaninWorc's posts

The remake of Dawn of the Dead is intense.  Fast zombies are more scary than slow zombies.  The only problem is that they take away any believability of being able to survive against  them even a little while.

But you know, when zombies are a horde, they are the unstoppable force.  The he mistake that humans make in zombie movies is that they settle down and fortify, trying to become the immovable object.  The unstoppable force always beats the immovable object.  The only way to contest the unstoppable force is to nip it in the bud before it becomes a force, or find a way to redirect the force - or to counter it, with another unstoppable force.  Just a survival strategy during a zombie apocalypse.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from acfeener. Show acfeener's posts

Ahhh! Zombies!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zombielogic. Show zombielogic's posts

Here are ten great zombie movies even zombie fands probably haven't seen http://www.zombielogicblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-top-10-favorite-zombie-movies-of-all.html

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

A big Yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn to the BDC....