"Bad As Me" : Worth the (seven year) wait?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

"Bad As Me" : Worth the (seven year) wait?

Fans of Tom Waits are no doubt jubilant that he released a new album after a seven year dry spell.  

Reviews and article may be of interest (and if you have nothing better to do than read a bunch reviews) :D  :

Breakdown song by song:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: "Bad As Me" : Worth the (seven year) wait?

Nice to see the familiar avatar.

Much prettier than the Halloween one.

I really think your adding of "friend" to the username is brilliant.

I think I would have had fewer arguments if I had called myself Zillafriend (yes, probably should have dropped the all caps thing too, but you don't get a chance to edit these things). Believe it or not, I once had a poster object to the "god" part of my username. The person thought I was referring to myself as a god by using this name!!!

Carry on with the Tom Waits discussion, and sorry for the interruption, my good friends. Needless to say , I am not a Tom Waits fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: "Bad As Me" : Worth the (seven year) wait?:
    [QUOTE]Nice to see the familiar avatar. Much prettier than the Halloween one. I really think your adding of "friend" to the username is brilliant. I think I would have had fewer arguments if I had called myself Zillafriend (yes, probably should have dropped the all caps thing too, but you don't get a chance to edit these things). Believe it or not, I once had a poster object to the "god" part of my username. The person thought I was referring to myself as a god by using this name!!! Carry on with the Tom Waits discussion, and sorry for the interruption, my good friends. Needless to say , I am not a Tom Waits fan.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]
    I admit, the Halloween avatar gave me a sore back.  It's good to be "back", thank you.   As for the 'friend' in yoga -- yes, it suits me quite well, and it pleases me to know you agree.  :)

As for you?  Zillafriend, are you kidding me!  :P   

Waits is an acquired taste.  The articles are fun to read and the songs on his new album sound interesting.   The song-by-song review is outstanding, really, and has lots of fun facts about Waits knit into the text (ie, he's been married to the same woman for 30 years).  His voice drives me out of my mind, TBH.  I'm waiting (get it?  PUN) for it to grow on me.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I pretty much just like Waits' two "pop" albums, Swordfishtrombones and Rain Dogs. Other than that, I haven't listened to much else by him. His early stuff, I recall, was half -spoken, half sung beatnicky kind of stuff that didn't appeal to me. The two albums I like have more standard type songs with lots of weird instrumentation. And his great voice, of course. I guess I liked him best when he sold out. Funny thing is, when he sold out, his albums charted lower. Must be his main audience didn't like it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Tom Waits has a new album out? That's one I definitely have to check out. Tom's from my neighborhood, well not really my neighborhood, but my neighborhood now if you know what I mean.