17 January 2011 -- SoTD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

17 January 2011 -- SoTD

The 17th already?  How did that happen?  

"These Days" -- Foo Fighters

The rock song that could make anyone a Foo Fighters fan.  Now, the way I learned about the Foo Fighers (or became a convert) is pretty funny.  I was on a board at the time (non-music discussions) and a female on the board had a revolving avatar  -- always relating to the FF's.   She kept talking about them at the end of her messages -- "Going to see DAVE tonight!!"  -- she went near and far to their concerts, the whole nine yards.  Posted pics from their concerts.  I'd heard a few of their hits, but after seeing her enthusiasm over time, I decided to seek out this band in more depth.  Glad I did.  

Coming soon ... a Foo Fighters thread.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: 17 January 2011 -- SoTD

These Are The Days of Our Lives - Queen

As for the Foo Fighter's - my opinion - the last great Rock band (no disrespect to Radiohead). They have everything I alwways looked for; musical chops, song writing, respect for the past and a great sense of humor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

Keep with the "These" theme.

These Important Years from Husker Du's last album Warehouse: Songs and Stories

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

"Pancho and Lefty,"my favorite Townes Van Zandt song covered by the great Steve Earle, who turns 57 today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In honor of our first snowfall of the winter:

"White Winter Hymnal" - Fleet Foxes

A majestic, baroque, enchanting song with a determinedly dark undertone...although you'd never know it without actually diving beneath the melody...and by then, you're already down the rabbit hole.  Prokofiev would probably have loved it....

(from their debut eponymous LP)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

"Four-O-Thirty-Three" -George Jones. A wonderful ode to domestic bliss and the rewards it brings. I love how this song celebrates the things in life that money just can't buy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ale7MtMp-4