A twist on connections

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

A twist on connections

Since I suck at the connections threads, I thought I'd throw out a twist on them. Name a musical performer who has worked with all of the following artists, among others:

Steve Miller
    Janis Joplin
    The Grateful Dead
    Santana

Elvin Bishop
    Todd Rundgren
    Taj Mahal
    Howlin' Wolf

To be honest, I couldn't answer this one without looking it up. But most you have more musical knowledge in your heads than I do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Re: A twist on connections

Two names come to mind. Mojo Collins or James Cotton. Not sure on either. I know Cotton has played with a lot of different artists. I saw him perform at the John Lee H***ker (I can't say his name, thanks BDC mods)) Tribute concert in 1990. He  played Harmonica with a bunch of different artists including Ry Cooder , Greg Allman and H***ker. It was a nice show. I remember his bio saying he once played with the Dead and Joplin. And I'm pretty sure someone mentioned it as well.

I know Collins has opened for a lot of different artists from SF as well, but not sure if he's actually played with any of them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In Response to Re: A twist on connections:
    [QUOTE]Two names come to mind. Mojo Collins or James Cotton. Not sure on either. I know Cotton has played with a lot of different artists. I saw him perform at the John Lee H***ker (I can't say his name, thanks BDC mods)) Tribute concert in 1990. He  played Harmonica with a bunch of different artists including Ry Cooder , Greg Allman and H***ker. It was a nice show. I remember his bio saying he once played with the Dead and Joplin. And I'm pretty sure someone mentioned it as well. I know Collins has opened for a lot of different artists from SF as well, but not sure if he's actually played with any of them.
    Posted by polar123[/QUOTE]

James Cotton is correct. See, everyone but me is just too smart when it comes to music. Nice job!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In Response to Re: A twist on connections:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A twist on connections : James Cotton is correct. See, everyone but me is just too smart when it comes to music. Nice job!
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but i'm really not that clever. I kind of knew that Cotton had played with many of the folks you listed, but not all, so I really wasn't sure.  Good to know. Btw, I've read a lot of your posts, and you are really quite knowledgeable about music.