Albums that will clear a room :)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Albums that will clear a room :)

The Liars- They were wrong so we drowned.

A pretty good band but this is really unlistenable garbage. Other than this the Metal Machine Music selection from earlier will clear the room in a pinch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rich1273. Show Rich1273's posts

I think NWA's Straight Outta Compton would clear a room pretty well lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Anything by this guy

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Anything by Mandy Patankin. I recently worked one of his shows and I seriously believe you could torture someone with his singing. I should add that the house was packed, so what do I know?

(I enjoy Leonard Cohen. Even, maybe especially the really depressing stuff.)Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

What music would you play if you wanted to clear your house of the final unwanted guests after a party?

They won't leave.   Pull out all the stops to get rid of them.   Have at it.  

One suggestion:   Anything sung by Yoko Ono.   

NOTE: I saw this on a blog with some very funny responses.    Save the ideas in case you're planning to have a Halloween party ...  Cool

When I was at Uni one day I found about a half dozen LPs in a snow bank.  I knew none of them, played them all, and liked least "Monster Movie" by the Can.  Initially it was our room-clearer at the end of our parties, but it eventually became more of an (understood and accepted) "it's time for you to f off, you've been here for 4 days" message.  

Of course, I'm a big Can, Kraftwerk, and Krautrock generally now.  The big dog of the genre, of course, is "Logjammin'" by Autobahn.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What music would you play if you wanted to clear your house of the final unwanted guests after a party?

They won't leave.   Pull out all the stops to get rid of them.   Have at it.  

One suggestion:   Anything sung by Yoko Ono.   

NOTE: I saw this on a blog with some very funny responses.    Save the ideas in case you're planning to have a Halloween party ...  Cool

[/QUOTE]

I own the ONOBOX boxset and it is probably my favorite boxset because most of the music was so unknown to me. She's definately an acquired taste but I always have 5-10 of her songs on my IPOD at any given moment. I would argue that her half of Double Fantasy is the better half. I also read they will be re releasing her albums again this year.