Beatlesque songs not by the Beatles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

Re: Beatlesque songs not by the Beatles

Grant Lee Buffalo - Mockingbirds

(maybe this should be on the 'rip-off' list since you might think you've happened on Dear Prudence, but I do like the song)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to gerbs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Grant Lee Buffalo - Mockingbirds

(maybe this should be on the 'rip-off' list since you might think you've happened on Dear Prudence, but I do like the song)

[/QUOTE]

Good call Gerbs on Grant Lee Buffalo. I will throw in Happiness as well. Always thought that song had a Beatlish quality to it.

Blur's This is a Low is Beatles inspired

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxfMUVWpGkM

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whats the big deal with the beattles, Nothing but an overhyped, overrated, Overplayed average at best band in my eyes.

[/QUOTE]

You are now obliged to tell us your year of birth.

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whats the big deal with the beattles, Nothing but an overhyped, overrated, Overplayed average at best band in my eyes.

[/QUOTE]

Kids!

They wrote more songs now considered standards than anyone.  Start there.

[/QUOTE]

Standard too who?? Sry but i just dont see what attracts everybody to the beatles. Same with the stones, I like some of there work but there not as great as everyone makes them out to be. Just my .02.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Getting back to the Sloan song, it's the melodic hook that I find Beatlesque.

La-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la-la-LA.  With the finish on a high note.

I've gone through Beatles songs trying to figure out which specific one has a similar melodic hook and the closest I can find is 'You Won't See Me'.

Sloan would not deliberately copy a Beatles hook exactly, they're too clever and ethical to do that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Larry Chance and the Earl's released a song called: Teenager's Dream that had the mersey backbeat and sounded Beatlesque before the British Invasion.  Larry Chance says so at his concerts. It is readilly evident when listening to the song.  Aside from this I would like to add the Earls' best charted hit was: Remember Then. They were noted for their Do Wop and 60's Rock and Roll.