Boston JAZZ Club........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Boston JAZZ Club........

I saw an ad today in the Globes G Magazine for a jazz club.

Scullers Jazz Club - "Boston's #1 Jazz Club". It goes on to list  performers: Matt Savage Trio (3/7), Pieces of a Dream (3/8&9) , Brian De Lorenzo (3/13) , Maura O'Connell (3/14), Allan Harris (3/15) and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (3/17).

Ever been? Have you been to any jazz club(s) in Boston? Thoughts..........????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: Boston JAZZ Club........

I  love Scullers Jazz Club, been there many times.

Everytime I've mentioned them on this music forum (maybe because I provided a link?) someone has had my post removed.

They are a tad expensive, not for the cheap.

An excellent first date place if you want to make an impression.

Tip, get the bottle of wine at dinner and bring the glasses (semi-full) into the lounge with you to watch the show,  then the cocktail waitress might leave you alone!

And make sure you're seated up front!

Depends on who is performing,  but it tends to be a mature crowd.

The location is a pain (I hate Soldiers Field Road)  they may charge for parking...maybe not if you get the dinner package.

ETA: Some of the performers I've seen there, Chris Botti, Melissa Manchester, Herb Alpert & Lani Hall, The Delfonics, Ashford & Simpson, The Manhattans, Jack Jones...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I forgot to mention, a friend of mine raves about Johnny D's in Somerville, I think it's more casual...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Just had to share this site...

http://www.jazzboston.org/calendar/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://www.newportjazzfest.org/index.php?pID=80014

Enter to Win Newport Jazz Tickets

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

My definite favorite is Ryles in Cambridge.

7. This post has been removed.