Happy Halloween (as if you're not happy enough ...)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Happy Halloween (as if you're not happy enough ...)

What more could we ask for?    

This is the home of the World Champion Boston Red Sox (and I congratulate all of my steadfast Red Sox Music Forum friends!    You're not, what are they called ... bandwagon fans, that's for sure  :)  ) --- and of course, we are the proud centre of HALLOWEEN universe, in Salem, MA, flooded with ghosts and witches today as well.   

Does it get any better?!   

Weigh in if you're in the mood, with a song,  to celebrate either occasion.     

BTW, "Sweet Caroline" might not have helped, but it didn't hurt, so I say, keep the (blanking)  song for another year.   

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Happy Halloween (as if you're not happy enough ...)

For the Red Sox:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLwkT5vAzCE

For Halloween:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92HjH1GG3ro

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'm at a loss for the right way to say....."HOOOOOOOOOORAH!!!!"

So, I did it with pictures.

In the words of Chico Esquela..."Baseball been bery, berry good to us....Halloween...I don't know."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Here's a song for Halloween whose title describes the Red Sox 2013 season:

Thriller - Michael Jackson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEHsIcsjtdI

And a song just for the Red Sox from one of my favorite groups:

We're a Winner - The Impressions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HKoOYdhkq0

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Love the songs, everyone!   Nice work.  

And Zilla, when I said the WS games were "amazing", I never meant to imply that "being there" was enough.   The victory has never been sweeter.    (Between you and me, I was a very sore loser as a kid ... with maturity (choke) and wisdom (double choke) I have improved greatly, but I'd much rather WIN and not have to deal with it) Laughing  

For the Red Sox and our long lost NYY fan - (Slim, I was thinking of JE this morning, too) since I know he loves the Rascals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyooCErXdMI  A Beautiful Morning

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

yoga.

1975 was a great World Series.

The image of Fisk hitting that Game 6 HR, it always felt as if we really won that series. The Big Red Machine was supposed to steamroll that funny little team in the funny little ballpark. We gave them a huge scare...it was sweet...but we didn't take home the trophy.

I lived with that for many years. I was a huge hockey fan back in those days, and Terry O'Reilly was my favorite player ever. I so wanted THAT Bruins team to win the Stanley Cup.....they came soooo damn close.

I know many people died not ever seeing a Bruins or Red Sox team win a Championship. I can no longer tolerate the modern NHL, so I only have baseball.....I have seen , now, 3 championships in small span of time. It never gets old. I feel they are making up for lost time.

I stiil would like to go back in time and change history so that Yastrzemski, Fred Lynn , Fisk, Terry O'Reilly and Ray Bourque get to win at least one championship in a Boston uniform. I cannot do that. This is the next best thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yoga.

1975 was a great World Series.

The image of Fisk hitting that Game 6 HR, it always felt as if we really won that series. The Big Red Machine was supposed to steamroll that funny little team in the funny little ballpark. We gave them a huge scare...it was sweet...but we didn't take home the trophy.

I lived with that for many years. I was a huge hockey fan back in those days, and Terry O'Reilly was my favorite player ever. I so wanted THAT Bruins team to win the Stanley Cup.....they came soooo damn close.

I know many people died not ever seeing a Bruins or Red Sox team win a Championship. I can no longer tolerate the modern NHL, so I only have baseball.....I have seen , now, 3 championships in small span of time. It never gets old. I feel they are making up for lost time.

I stiil would like to go back in time and change history so that Yastrzemski, Fred Lynn , Fisk, Terry O'Reilly and Ray Bourque get to win at least one championship in a Boston uniform. I cannot do that. This is the next best thing.

[/QUOTE]

What nice thoughts, Zilla.  

One can only hope that the generations, as they come of age, have the appreciation and respect that you do.    Yazz will have to "setttle" for the admiration, respect, and love he has been shown in his lifetime.   Not the same as winning a championship, but not a bad way to be treated and remembered all through life.  

You know, like you, I despise the way 'rock star' has entered into the mainstream vocabulary.   I feel the same way about the use of the word "hero" -- not only cheapened through overuse, but used so casually and inaccurately that it's lost the depth.

But of all athletes that I can think of with my limited knowledge, I'd say Bill Russell is worthy of being called a rock star in the true meaning and origin of the word: a real bad azz, a person who refused to kowtow to the media, let alone the general public (not even caring what was said in the aftermath of not signing autographs for little kids, hahaha).   I still remember when phsmith arrived on the forum, that was one of the first "jokes" we had between us, because for some strange reason, he was impressed that I knew who Bill Russel was (can you believe that?! ), b/c I said I thought he was one of the greatest athletes to ever play on a Boston team.   Russell, however, was on the winning side of many championships back in his day, unlike the athletes you fondly mention.