Harry Nilsson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Harry Nilsson

I like him, but can't put him in my top 100, though.

Trouble is, I like too many rock artists.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from schadenfreude99. Show schadenfreude99's posts

Any relation to Gunnar and Matthew ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Harry Nilsson:
    [QUOTE]Any relation to Gunnar and Matthew ?
    Posted by schadenfreude99[/QUOTE]

Now that is just wrong on so many levels Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

I've never heard of Harry Nilsson before, but after listening to some of his songs on Youtube, I like him. Thanks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]I've never heard of Harry Nilsson before, but after listening to some of his songs on Youtube, I like him. Thanks.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer[/QUOTE]

If you watched "You Got Mail" with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan, nearly all the background music is Nilsson. He and John Lennon were tight in the 1970s, especially when Yoko Ono kicked him out.

Nilsson easily makes my top 50. His version of Badfinger's "Without You" blows away every other version (although I like the rawness of Badfinger's).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Good artist, but a little strange.

If you haven't heard them listen to "You're Breaking My Heart"  ...You're breaking my heart, You're tearing it apart, so F**k You... and "I'd
    Rather Be Dead" ...I'd rather be dead, than wet my bed.... a song about not wanting to be a vegtable in a nursing home.

They are on his "Son of Schmilsson" album.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Classic everyman singer-songwriter...his music seems to pop up in movies quite a bit

Nilsson's "Jump Into The Fire" was featured prominently in Goodfellas during the final day/coked up/driving around montage.  Killer bass line.

Then, of course, there's "Everybody's Talkin" from Midnight Cowboy and "One" (the loneliest number) memorably covered by Aimee Mann for Magnolia.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

He also did that concept album "The Point" about Oblio, the only round headed person in Pointed Village, where everything was required by law to have a point. They made an animated film of it.

He said he got the idea while on acid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Nilsson Schmilson was a good album but God I hate "Without You"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]Classic everyman singer-songwriter...his music seems to pop up in movies quite a bit Nilsson's "Jump Into The Fire" was featured prominently in Goodfellas during the final day/coked up/driving around montage.  Killer bass line. Then, of course, there's "Everybody's Talkin" from Midnight Cowboy and "One" (the loneliest number) memorably covered by Aimee Mann for Magnolia.
    Posted by Mattyhorn[/QUOTE]
    Three Dog Night's version was pretty good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Nilsson Schmilson was a good album but God I hate "Without You"
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

I like the song as I posted above. He does a great job in singing it with emotion. I admit, however, that I do like sappy songs, ballads, power ballads, etc. Eh, sue me. LOL.

You should listen to Badfinger's original version.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In the end, Harry was good for music.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

[QUOTE]Good artist, but a little strange. If you haven't heard them listen to "You're Breaking My Heart"  ...You're breaking my heart, You're tearing it apart, so F**k You... and "I'd Rather Be Dead" ...I'd rather be dead, than wet my bed.... a song about not wanting to be a vegtable in a nursing home. They are on his "Son of Schmilsson" album.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]
    Add 'Coconut' to that list. See it on youtube.