Having all kinds of problems logging in and staying logged in here since last Monday.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Having all kinds of problems logging in and staying logged in here since last Monday.

Anyone else having these problems?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Having all kinds of problems logging in and staying logged in here since last Monday.

The comment box seems to be back for your post, Zilla.    

I've been hesitant to add a thread for this reason.

Glad you're back, and hope site issues clear up soon.   I've only had a bit of trouble here and there -- but I also have kept my posting to a minimum in the past week.    

I saw that lots of BDC identities were all mixed up for a few days, too.   Maybe someone here logged in and found they were yogafriend, for all I know.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Having all kinds of problems logging in and staying logged in here since last Monday.

I have switched to Firefox as my browser on one of our PCs and am able to stay on for a short duration....just long enough to make this and few other posts.

I saw a comment fron BDC Dottie, the guru of these forums and she seemed to indicate that increased traffic in the discussion forums has made the site go wacky. They are still wroking on it. Some don't seem affected. and some of us are unable to do things normally or at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

I've been having problems of sorts for months.  The main issue is that anytime I go from BDC to bostonglobe.com or vice versa, my saved profile disappears and even though I appear to still be "logged in", I can't post or even like/dislike.  I submitted this to the techies, who basically told me I was an idiot and why should they have to support people who go back and forth between the sites like that?!?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I've been having problems sporadically. There is sometimes a big time lag between when you post and when you can see your post. And the identity confusion, as yoga mentioned. But I'm stubborn and I keep posting anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Last Monday was the Marathon tragedy, so I wonder if that's it ... I'm sure BDC was overloaded with traffic and  maybe it caused an issue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to gerbs' comment:

I've been having problems of sorts for months.  The main issue is that anytime I go from BDC to bostonglobe.com or vice versa, my saved profile disappears and even though I appear to still be "logged in", I can't post or even like/dislike.  I submitted this to the techies, who basically told me I was an idiot and why should they have to support people who go back and forth between the sites like that?!?

Well, gerbs, if you're an idiot, then so am I.    I go back and forth from BDC to the BostonGlobe.com website constantly, as I have an online subscription.    I never log out.   

Do you have the headlines (service) delivered to your email addy?  I find that if I click on a headline and go directly into the Bostonglobe site that way, my account automatically appears at the top, obviously logged in.   I don't have issues going back and forth, logging comments, hitting like/dislike, etc.    If you have not subscribed to the service, try it; it's free for subscribers.   

All of BDC-related products / services were in overdrive last week, in unprecedented numbers because of world-wide interest in the bombings; I'm sure what Lloyd said i(above) is the case.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I haven't been able to get on since last week.I was getting the same error message as WDYWN.I also emailed BDC and received the same letter today,except mine said Chrome instead of Fire Fox.

In the words of Tony Stark,"It's good to be back".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

I haven't been able to get on since last week.I was getting the same error message as WDYWN.I also emailed BDC and received the same letter today,except mine said Chrome instead of Fire Fox.

In the words of Tony Stark,"It's good to be back".

Good to have you back, MrMojo, and glad that all's well.  :)

I hope the same can be said for more people this week, as BDC's pace of usage becomes more stable and steady.