How smart is Genius?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

How smart is Genius?

This is may be a strange question, but Genius did a weird thing to me this week.

In December, I picked some random song (not a holiday song )and put Genius on.  I thought it was pretty cool that it threw in some Christmas songs.  This past week I celebrated my birthday.  I did the same thing as before, picked a random song (not a birthday song) and put on Genius.  Somehow it grabbed 2 songs with "Happy Birthday" in them.  Really freaked me out.   HOW did it know??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Re: How smart is Genius?

Maybe it should be called "Clairvoyent" instead?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

In Response to Re: How smart is Genius?:
    [QUOTE]Well, the holiday business makes sense because they could simply program it that way. As for a birthday, if I had to guess, perhaps you had to enter your birthday when setting up an iTunes account (perhaps to make sure children don't hear no-no words.) And that really is a guess because I don't have an iTunes account. Prefer to buy by the album, or find high sound quality youtube links if it's something I only want to hear once in a blue moon. Or, perhaps you've entered a birthday in some other Apple software, and iTunes links up with it? Or perhaps this information is accessible via processing a credit card number?
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

The weird thing is it was my husband's IPod, so it was his iTune account. 

I think it must just be wicked smaht  : )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Who said you could use my I-pod?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Maybe it was trying to remind HIM not to forget your birthday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

So now she has turned my gadgets against me?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Ok this is strange, on the way home from a night of dinner and revelry with friends last night, I was scrolling through the I-pod.  I stopped on George Harrison's Greatest Hits  and played it for the ride.  I had no idea it was his birthday and just by coincidence put him on .... 

.....It's another I-Pod miracle.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

LloydDobler had the same miracle.  Check out the Sweet George thread......

I'm tellling you something strange is going on.