How to use a variation of a title from a successful band to increase sales.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

How to use a variation of a title from a successful band to increase sales.

It's fun when an artist takes a name from a previous album and puts a funny twist on it.

The Mothers Of Invention used a spoof of the Sgt. Pepper cover on their LP 'We're Only In It For The Money'

The Replacements actually named their 3rd LP 'Let It Be.' ( opting to skip the variation and copy it exactly).

Kirsty MacColl had an LP named 'Electric Landlady', a twist on Hendrix 'Electric Ladyland.'

Todd Rundgren's Utopia named an LP 'Deface The Music', possibly unintentionally twisting the ELO title 'Face The Music' , but surely intentionally spoofing the 'Meet The Beatles' album cover.

But the funniest one of all ( I think) , was the Dead Milkmen with their LP 'Metaphysical Graffiti', a humorous twist on the Led Zep classic 'Physical Graffiti.'

Any others that come to mind either the album title or cover?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: How to use a variation of a title from a successful band to increase sales.

Butthole Surfers album 'Hairway to Steven'

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Phish - Hampton Comes Alive  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

'Electric Landlady' is priceless.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

Sorry to steal your thunder; I owe this knowledge to you.   Laughing

These fit, don't they?   These are "nods" in terms of artists' names, but I thought they were appropriate for the thread.   

"Low" -- David Bowie

"Bowi" -- Nick Lowe

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

In response to devildavid's comment:

Sorry to steal your thunder; I owe this knowledge to you.   Laughing

These fit, don't they?   These are "nods" in terms of artists' names, but I thought they were appropriate for the thread.   

"Low" -- David Bowie

"Bowi" -- Nick Lowe

I purposely let these go to see if someone else would use them. No problem.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

How do you know it's to "increase sales"? Isn't it more just an homage or a tip of the cap more so than some money driven agenda?

How stupid of me.

These artists don't want sales, they want their albums to collect dust on the shelf.

Thanks for being overly critical.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

How do you know it's to "increase sales"? Isn't it more just an homage or a tip of the cap more so than some money driven agenda?

How stupid of me.

These artists don't want sales, they want their albums to collect dust on the shelf.

Thanks for being overly critical.

You seem to be a very sensitive person.  I thought it was odd that you think the goal of the album title knock offs was solely to increase albume sales. It's what your thread title says.

IMO, I don't feel that is the agenda by a band or artist whatsoever.

Yeah. You can really tell alot about people by a few comments on a forum.

This was supposed to be a fun thread, and lo and behold a wannabee psychologist chimes in and turns it into a real downer.

How about staying with the program, and stop trying to analyze whether a poster is "a sensitive person" or not?