Is Adam Lambert taking over for Freddy Mercury? Say it ain't so!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Is Adam Lambert taking over for Freddy Mercury? Say it ain't so!

Queen’s New Frontman? Adam Lambert

There is a unsubstantiated rumor seemingly started by Lambert himself that got a ton of press yesterday that he may be joining Queen for some upcoming shows in the near future, possibly as lead singer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Re: Adam Lambert taking over for Freddy Mercury. Say it ain't so!

That's just so wrong 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Not TRUE!....................................at this time

The official Queen website (queenonline.com) and Brian May's site (brianmay.com) make NO MENTION of such news(?)

Roger Taylor and Brian May will be touring (on occasion) with the just announced "Queen Extravaganza" during 2012 starting in March 2012!

FILE UNDER GOSSIP!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In Response to Re: Adam Lambert taking over for Freddy Mercury. Say it ain't so!:
    [QUOTE]Not TRUE!....................................at this time The official Queen website (queenonline.com) and Brian May's site (brianmay.com) make NO MENTION of such news(?) Roger Taylor and Brian May will be touring (on occasion) with the just announced "Queen Extravaganza" during 2012 starting in March 2012! FILE UNDER GOSSIP!
    Posted by RogerTaylor[/QUOTE]

Your right, this is just a rumor. It now seems that everyone is very quickly backing off what was initially reported.. Good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Is Adam Lambert taking over for Freddy Mercury? Say it ain't so!

OK - this is not what I wanted to see first thing on a Saturday morning. I am still having an issue with Sasha Baron portraying Freddie in a movie.

There are many untouchable legends and Icons in music and Freddie is one of them.

I was very conflicted when Queen first joined up with Paul Rodgers and w/o John Deacon. Shockingly, I was wrong to worry.

I have no problem if Brian and Roger want to play with Adam, as long as they don't call it Queen. All I know of this kid is what I read about him when he was on AI. I would give Brian the benefit of the doubt as to whether the kid can carry a tune or not but if I saw this kid trying to prance the stage like Freddie, my heart would be broken.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

"The intention is to pay tribute to Freddie and the band by singing some f***ing great songs," he said. "It's to keep the music alive for the fans and give it an energy that Freddie would've been proud of." Queen previously toured with former Bad Company singer Paul Rodgers taking Mercury's place.

Speculation has been high since Lambert was joined by surviving Queen members Brian May and Roger Taylor during his Idol finals appearance in 2009. In November, they performed together at the MTV EMAs in Belfast.

Lambert said he had no intention of replacing Mercury, who died in 1991. "That's impossible," he said. "The way I'm choosing to view it is that it's a great honor and one I'm in no way going to shirk." Lambert's second solo album, Trespassing, is due in March.

A representative for Hollywood Records tells Rolling Stone, "The Daily Star item only mentions that Adam may perform with Queen at Sonisphere. This is not confirmed. Nothing has been signed. However, if this were to happen, Queen would be returning to the setting of their final concert with Freddie Mercury, which took place in 1986."

and check out:

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/adam-lambert-is-queens-new-singer-20120203#ixzz1lPy5pXLV

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I have thought about this and I am 100% against anyone from American Idol to perform with Queen.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

I think it would be interesting to see if he (Lambert) could pull it off.  If it's a failure, well, so what?  Lesson learned.  If it turns out interesting, all the better.

I don't know much about Adam Lambert (why do I feel like all my posts begin with "I am not a fan of _____, but..."?) but one thing he does seem to have in spades is confidence and dare I say it -- flair -- maybe all 37 pieces of flair.  I think it could be interesting to see what he does with the opportunity.

And I very much doubt he or the band will say he's the new Freddie Mercury.  It doesn't even seem likely that Lambert would want that because he has his own solo career, and I doubt he would want to be tied to one tribute type of role.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Who the hell is Adam Lambert?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Is Adam Lambert taking over for Freddy Mercury? Say it ain't so!:
    [QUOTE]Who the hell is Adam Lambert?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing until I started reading the posts and put it all together.

The legacy that was Queen is part of our past. While members of many of these great bands still are alive and many still play and write music, I will always remember these artists for what they did in their "glory years."

When a group like the Cars,Van Halen or Blondie reforms and has some new members, it means nothing to me as I will always remember the group as it was, and consider the newer version to be more or less a nostalia act.

The sad fact is that as time moves on , younger generations adopt new heroes and all our favorites become like the singers we used to see on the Lawrence Welk Show. We ( the kids of the 60's and 70's) still see them as great artists, younger generations generally view them as washed-up has-beens on their last legs trying to supplement their income. I know this doesn't include all younger people, but I think it sums up the general consensus among most of them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .  Paul Rodgers toured with Queen (in fact I think they might even have made an album) but nobody was talking about Paul Rodgers "replacing" Freddy Mercury, even if he had the bona fides to do it.

You don't "replace" Freddy Mercury any more than you replace David Lee Roth.

But none of that answers my original question.

I seriously  have no idea who this guy is . . .  and I'm refusing to Google him on general principles.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Queen still "function" as it where as Queen +
    Queen + Paul Rodgers toured twice and released 2 live albums and DVD's
    Queen + Paul Rodgers recorded 1 studio album, "The Cosmo's Rocks"
    After the release of the album Paul Rodgers and Queen parted ways (a la The Firm, it was never ment to be an on going "band")

I doubt this story to be true as Adam Lambert will be releasing an album shortly and because no mention is made by either "official" Queen website or Lamberts website.  The fact that TMZ and Rolling Stone printed a story means nothing...until an official statement comes out this is just "rumor".

I had seen Queen several times (late 70's & 80's) and there is no replacing a frontman like Freddie - it can't be done.  The Queen + Paul Rodgers "band" worked because Paul Rodgers was "himself" and never tried to be Freddie!  Paul Rodgers, like Freddie, is a one of - a great bluesy(?) voice that put a spin on all the Queen tracks both live and in the studio.  During the tours there was a mix of both Queen and Paul Rodgers songs and I thought they came off GREAT!

If Adam Lambert goes on stage and tries to be Freddie he will be crucified by the press. He would commit "career suicide" by trying to BE Freddie (IMHO)

Here's Queen and Adam Lambert performing at the European MTv Awards...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG7dtrf2I_M&feature=related

Queen + Paul Rodgers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR-bhIWB9k0

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In Response to Re: Is Adam Lambert taking over for Freddy Mercury? Say it ain't so!:
    [QUOTE]Next: The coldplay guy stands in for John Lennon...   
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]
    ....and that would mark the end of music as we know it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

The TRUTH.....

Lambert has denied a report in the U.K.'s Daily Star newspaper which claimed the former eighth-season American Idol runner-up had told the reporter he would be joining Queen as the rock band's new front man.

"Oooh them clever reporters takin my quotes outta context.... I haven't confirmed any guest appearances. I was talking about the EMA'S. :)," Lambert wrote on his Twitter account Friday.

"That being said, I'm truly flattered by your jump to such glorious conclusions mr journalist!! :)"

The Star reported on Friday that Lambert -- who, with Queen's other two members Brian May and Roger Taylor, will reportedly be touring Europe this summer headlining for the Sonisphere festival -- would be taking the spot of the band's former lead singer Freddie Mercury, who passed away in 1991, and that the 30-year-old singer said the offer was "the best thing that can possibly happen."

While Lambert sang with Queen at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Belfast last year, it was apparently a temporary gig. Lambert told the Star it was an honor to sing for Queen and it'd be impossible to replace Mercury in response to a backlash he had received from some of the fans during the concert, but he has insisted his comments didn't necessarily mean he is formally joining the band.

A representative for Queen has also declined to confirm that Lambert agreed to become the new lead singer for the band.

"The Daily Star item only mentions that Adam may perform with Queen at Sonisphere. This is not confirmed. Nothing has been signed," the representative told Rolling Stone, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "However, if this were to happen, Queen would be returning to the setting of their final concert with Freddie Mercury, which took place in 1986."

Lambert first stepped onstage with Queen when they performed "We Are The Champions" during American Idol's eighth-season finale in May 2009, which featured Kris Allen being crowned champion over Lambert.

Talk that Lambert might join Queen had originally surfaced shortly after his Idol season concluded in 2009.

...and there you have the rest of the story! Wink

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

UPDATE - 2/20/2012

QUEEN, WITH ADAM LAMBERT, EXCLUSIVE HEADLINE SET CONFIRMED FOR SONISPHERE 2012

KISS EUROPEAN EXCLUSIVE AND FAITH NO MORE UK EXCLUSIVE ALSO CONFIRMED TO HEADLINE, TIM MINCHIN LEADS COMEDY ELEMENT WITH HEADLINE SLOT ON SATURN STAGE

PLUS MANY MORE BANDS ANNOUNCED

“Earlier on there were rumours of us splitting up, but I mean – f*** ‘em – how can you split up when you have an audience like this.”
    Freddie Mercury. Knebworth Park, August 9, 1986

With a quarter of a century having since passed, rock legends Queen are to return to play a second concert at the venue that provided them with the setting for one of their biggest and most historic concerts.

Queen’ Brian May and Roger Taylor today confirmed the band will headline the second day of this year’s Sonisphere Festival appearing at the festival home ground Knebworth Park, Stevenage, on Saturday July 7.

Knebworth was the setting for Queen’s final concert with Freddie Mercury in August 1986.

May and Taylor also confirmed that for this special one-off concert they will be joined by US singer-songwriter Adam Lambert.

Since first encountering each other during American Idol Season 8 in May 2009 where Lambert joined the band to perform We Are the Champions the two have repeatedly hinted at a future collaboration, most recently with Taylor telling Billboard Magazine "He (Adam) has grown into a really great performer with an astonishing voice with a range that's great. We would like to work with him again. There's nothing signed just yet but …it could be very exciting."

After their brief meeting on American Idol, the potent chemistry between Queen and Lambert finally broke the surface when at the invitation of Queen’s Brian May and Roger Taylor Lambert joined them for the closing showcase at the recent MTV Europe Awards where Queen were present to collect their Global Icon award.

Their eight minute MTVE set ignited an immediate reaction across the internet with social network sites buzzing with excitement and campaigning for a more formal union between Queen and Lambert. The Sonisphere 2012 Knebworth stage will at last provide an eager public the opportunity to see May, Taylor and Lambert delve deeper into exploring their very evident artistic appreciation of one another.

Says Brian May: “Judging by my incoming mail, this decision will make a lot of people very happy. It's a worthy challenge for us, and I'm sure Adam would meet with Freddie's approval! And what better place to revisit, and walk those emotional paths than Knebworth? It will be a rush.”

Lambert adds: “I'm completely in awe of the Queen phenomenon. The thought of sharing the stage for a full set is so beautifully surreal. I'm honoured to be able to pay my respects to Freddie's memory. He's a personal hero of mine and I am deeply grateful for the chance to sing such powerful music for fans of this legendary band. I know the evening will be a huge milestone for me, and with the support of Brian, Roger and the rest of the band I know magic will be on display.”

Queen’s previous performance at Knebworth Park, close on twenty-six years ago , August 9, 1986, was set up to be the glorious last stop for the band’s monstrously successful Magic Tour which had spread out across Europe over eight weeks of that summer. Over a million people had already paid to see them.

Now riding one of the highest crests in their career, Queen drew a record crowd of 120,000, their biggest ever UK audience. Coming on the back of two stunning shows at Wembley Stadium - to this day regarded as among their finest performances - anticipation was high.

Queen delivered the goods, winding up the crowd by arriving above their heads in a custom decorated helicopter, and then going on to perform a Queen textbook set to a deliriously enthusiastic audience, winding up with an emotional ‘God Save the Queen’ and Freddie wishing his audience ‘sweet dreams’.

What no-one in that Knebworth Park audience, and as far as we know, not even the band could anticipate that day, was that a new chapter in Queen’s history was being written: after more than 700 concerts together, what was taking place was the very last live concert of Freddie Mercury with Queen.

With the exception of an appearance in 1988 with Spanish operatic soprano Montserrat Caballe to launch Barcelona’s successful bid for the 1992 Olympic Games performing their duet ‘Barcelona’, Mercury would never again be seen performing to a public audience.

On what will undoubtedly rate as one of this summer’s most highly anticipated and emotionally charged concerts Queen’s Roger Taylor says: "I remember Knebworth as being the most incredible gig, with the most amazing audience and the sound on stage was utterly perfect. It was a fitting last stand before a live audience for Freddie. It will be a real challenge to complete the circle by returning with Adam."

Shooting rockets. Blood spitting. Face Paint. Shiny Boots and utterly jaw dropping triumphant live shows: SONISPHERE is proud to announce KISS as Friday's headliner. With a reputation for being perhaps the most flamboyant and entertaining band on the planet, the American Kings will bring their stage extravaganza to SONISPHERE as their only European performance of 2012.

For the final, Sunday night, SONISPHERE KNEBWORTH is proud to announce the legendary FAITH NO MORE as the headline act on the APOLLO stage. Mike Bordin, Roddy Bottum, Bill Gould, Jon Hudson and Mike Patton are poised to set KNEBWORTH on fire when they close the last night at SONISPHERE with their only UK appearance in 2012. Of their set Gould comments: "It was over 2 years ago when we decided to reform and play those amazing UK shows. The good news is, we've had a couple of years to improve our skills; moving our song to error ratio down 3.5 full percentage points. Watch out UK, we're going to do it right this time!!"

Joining the three superb headliners are some of the biggest names from the world of rock and metal including:

WITHIN TEMPTATION - only UK show of 2012, EVANESCENCE - only UK show of 2012, THE DARKNESS, INCUBUS - only UK show of 2012, MARILYN MANSON – only UK show of 2012, ANDREW WK - only UK festival show of 2012, REFUSED - only UK show of 2012, MASTODON - only UK festival show of 2012, THE BLACKOUT and more.

As well as the exciting names from the world of rock, SONISPHERE once again shows it’s forward thinking nature, and invites musician/comedian TIM MINCHIN to headline the Saturday night on SATURN. Since his first appearance at SONISPHERE back in 2010 the TIM’s success has gone from strength to strength, resulting in his first UK arena tour, his first West End Musical (Matilda The Musical) and numerous high profile TV appearances. After the astounding success of Bill Bailey’s SATURN slot last year, TIM - with full backing band in tow - is bound to deliver a much talked about and highly memorable show at SONISPHERE.

Tickets on sale to the public from 9:00am Thursday 23rd February from www.sonispherefestivals.com / 0844 871 8803 priced at £145 for a weekend ticket (£180 with 4-day camping, £170 with 3-day camping), with a very limited number of day tickets available for £75.

To spread the cost of the festival customers can pay a non-refundable deposit of £50 to secure their weekend tickets and then pay the balance off anytime before 30th April 2011.

SONISPHERE KNEBWORTH takes place July 6th - 8th at KNEBWORTH HOUSE.

On top of the host of talent on offer at SONISPHERE KNEBWORTH, organisers are offering the first weekend ticket buyers a very limited number of tickets to SONISPHERE MADRID, which takes place 25th and 26th May. Headliners METALLICA - who play their Black album in its entirety - are joined by an impressive cast featuring the likes of SOUNDGARDEN, and SLAYER and many more. Two Sonisphere festivals for the price of one!

www.sonispherefestivals.com

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

[QUOTE]UPDATE - 2/20/2012 FROM: www.brianmay.com QUEEN, WITH ADAM LAMBERT, EXCLUSIVE HEADLINE SET CONFIRMED FOR SONISPHERE 2012 KISS EUROPEAN EXCLUSIVE AND FAITH NO MORE UK EXCLUSIVE ALSO CONFIRMED TO HEADLINE, TIM MINCHIN LEADS COMEDY ELEMENT WITH HEADLINE SLOT ON SATURN STAGE PLUS MANY MORE BANDS ANNOUNCED “Earlier on there were rumours of us splitting up, but I mean – f*** ‘em – how can you split up when you have an audience like this.” Freddie Mercury. Knebworth Park, August 9, 1986 With a quarter of a century having since passed, rock legends Queen are to return to play a second concert at the venue that provided them with the setting for one of their biggest and most historic concerts. Queen’ Brian May and Roger Taylor today confirmed the band will headline the second day of this year’s Sonisphere Festival appearing at the festival home ground Knebworth Park, Stevenage, on Saturday July 7. Knebworth was the setting for Queen’s final concert with Freddie Mercury in August 1986. May and Taylor also confirmed that for this special one-off concert they will be joined by US singer-songwriter Adam Lambert. Since first encountering each other during American Idol Season 8 in May 2009 where Lambert joined the band to perform We Are the Champions the two have repeatedly hinted at a future collaboration, most recently with Taylor telling Billboard Magazine "He (Adam) has grown into a really great performer with an astonishing voice with a range that's great. We would like to work with him again. There's nothing signed just yet but …it could be very exciting." After their brief meeting on American Idol, the potent chemistry between Queen and Lambert finally broke the surface when at the invitation of Queen’s Brian May and Roger Taylor Lambert joined them for the closing showcase at the recent MTV Europe Awards where Queen were present to collect their Global Icon award. Their eight minute MTVE set ignited an immediate reaction across the internet with social network sites buzzing with excitement and campaigning for a more formal union between Queen and Lambert. The Sonisphere 2012 Knebworth stage will at last provide an eager public the opportunity to see May, Taylor and Lambert delve deeper into exploring their very evident artistic appreciation of one another. Says Brian May: “Judging by my incoming mail, this decision will make a lot of people very happy. It's a worthy challenge for us, and I'm sure Adam would meet with Freddie's approval! And what better place to revisit, and walk those emotional paths than Knebworth? It will be a rush.” Lambert adds: “I'm completely in awe of the Queen phenomenon. The thought of sharing the stage for a full set is so beautifully surreal. I'm honoured to be able to pay my respects to Freddie's memory. He's a personal hero of mine and I am deeply grateful for the chance to sing such powerful music for fans of this legendary band. I know the evening will be a huge milestone for me, and with the support of Brian, Roger and the rest of the band I know magic will be on display.” Queen’s previous performance at Knebworth Park, close on twenty-six years ago , August 9, 1986, was set up to be the glorious last stop for the band’s monstrously successful Magic Tour which had spread out across Europe over eight weeks of that summer. Over a million people had already paid to see them. Now riding one of the highest crests in their career, Queen drew a record crowd of 120,000, their biggest ever UK audience. Coming on the back of two stunning shows at Wembley Stadium - to this day regarded as among their finest performances - anticipation was high. Queen delivered the goods, winding up the crowd by arriving above their heads in a custom decorated helicopter, and then going on to perform a Queen textbook set to a deliriously enthusiastic audience, winding up with an emotional ‘God Save the Queen’ and Freddie wishing his audience ‘sweet dreams’. What no-one in that Knebworth Park audience, and as far as we know, not even the band could anticipate that day, was that a new chapter in Queen’s history was being written: after more than 700 concerts together, what was taking place was the very last live concert of Freddie Mercury with Queen. With the exception of an appearance in 1988 with Spanish operatic soprano Montserrat Caballe to launch Barcelona’s successful bid for the 1992 Olympic Games performing their duet ‘Barcelona’, Mercury would never again be seen performing to a public audience. On what will undoubtedly rate as one of this summer’s most highly anticipated and emotionally charged concerts Queen’s Roger Taylor says: "I remember Knebworth as being the most incredible gig, with the most amazing audience and the sound on stage was utterly perfect. It was a fitting last stand before a live audience for Freddie. It will be a real challenge to complete the circle by returning with Adam." Shooting rockets. Blood spitting. Face Paint. Shiny Boots and utterly jaw dropping triumphant live shows: SONISPHERE is proud to announce KISS as Friday's headliner. With a reputation for being perhaps the most flamboyant and entertaining band on the planet, the American Kings will bring their stage extravaganza to SONISPHERE as their only European performance of 2012. For the final, Sunday night, SONISPHERE KNEBWORTH is proud to announce the legendary FAITH NO MORE as the headline act on the APOLLO stage. Mike Bordin, Roddy Bottum, Bill Gould, Jon Hudson and Mike Patton are poised to set KNEBWORTH on fire when they close the last night at SONISPHERE with their only UK appearance in 2012. Of their set Gould comments: "It was over 2 years ago when we decided to reform and play those amazing UK shows. The good news is, we've had a couple of years to improve our skills; moving our song to error ratio down 3.5 full percentage points. Watch out UK, we're going to do it right this time!!" Joining the three superb headliners are some of the biggest names from the world of rock and metal including: WITHIN TEMPTATION - only UK show of 2012, EVANESCENCE - only UK show of 2012, THE DARKNESS, INCUBUS - only UK show of 2012, MARILYN MANSON – only UK show of 2012, ANDREW WK - only UK festival show of 2012, REFUSED - only UK show of 2012, MASTODON - only UK festival show of 2012, THE BLACKOUT and more. As well as the exciting names from the world of rock, SONISPHERE once again shows it’s forward thinking nature, and invites musician/comedian TIM MINCHIN to headline the Saturday night on SATURN. Since his first appearance at SONISPHERE back in 2010 the TIM’s success has gone from strength to strength, resulting in his first UK arena tour, his first West End Musical (Matilda The Musical) and numerous high profile TV appearances. After the astounding success of Bill Bailey’s SATURN slot last year, TIM - with full backing band in tow - is bound to deliver a much talked about and highly memorable show at SONISPHERE. Tickets on sale to the public from 9:00am Thursday 23rd February from www.sonispherefestivals.com / 0844 871 8803 priced at £145 for a weekend ticket (£180 with 4-day camping, £170 with 3-day camping), with a very limited number of day tickets available for £75. To spread the cost of the festival customers can pay a non-refundable deposit of £50 to secure their weekend tickets and then pay the balance off anytime before 30th April 2011. SONISPHERE KNEBWORTH takes place July 6th - 8th at KNEBWORTH HOUSE. On top of the host of talent on offer at SONISPHERE KNEBWORTH, organisers are offering the first weekend ticket buyers a very limited number of tickets to SONISPHERE MADRID, which takes place 25th and 26th May. Headliners METALLICA - who play their Black album in its entirety - are joined by an impressive cast featuring the likes of SOUNDGARDEN, and SLAYER and many more. Two Sonisphere festivals for the price of one! www.sonispherefestivals.com

Thank you for the update Roger. As long as it is for one show, but hey let's see how the kid does. Now this is a festival!!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Here is Adam Lambert with Queen @ the EMA's......

http://vimeo.com/33069354

Yeah? or Nay?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Here is Adam Lambert with Queen @ the EMA's...... http://vimeo.com/33069354 Yeah? or Nay?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nay and this is not stomping on the kid. He has excellent chops and clearly he studied the moves of Freddie, Mick, Bowie and all the other greats. But the reality is that he looks and sounds like a little boy up there, which is exactly what he is. He is a Karaoke singer - let him make it on his own. Plus him touring with Queen will just turn them into a Nostaglia band and I am not intrested in that.

Brian and Roger's background vocals were superb as was their playing. All respect to John Deacon for not participating in this as he continues to remain outside the business.

If Brian and Roger wish to continue to record, then they should change their name to R & B and go from there. They can record new material and play a 8 - 10 Queen songs per set if they tour. I hope & wish Brian and Roger would continue to write. They are both excellent composers.

I loved Freddie from the first day I heard Liar and was memorized by him the first time I saw him perform at the Uris Theatre when Queen opened for Mott. I was stunned at the genius of Queen II & I cried when Freddie died. In my opinion and it will so remain, Queen will always rank in the top 5 RnR bands of all-time with The Beatles, the Who, Led Zeppelin & Deep Purple.

It is my opinion and I am sticking with it until the day I am dead and buried.

Today is day 7 with no cigarettes. I am getting cranky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Adam Lambert taking over for Freddy Mercury? Say it ain't so! : NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nay and this is not stomping on the kid. He has excellent chops and clearly he studied the moves of Freddie, Mick, Bowie and all the other greats. But the reality is that he looks and sounds like a little boy up there, which is exactly what he is. He is a Karaoke singer - let him make it on his own . Plus him touring with Queen will just turn them into a Nostaglia band and I am not intrested in that. Brian and Roger's background vocals were superb as was their playing. All respect to John Deacon for not participating in this as he continues to remain outside the business. If Brian and Roger wish to continue to record, then they should change their name to R & B and go from there. They can record new material and play a 8 - 10 Queen songs per set if they tour. I hope & wish Brian and Roger would continue to write. They are both excellent composers. I loved Freddie from the first day I heard Liar and was memorized by him the first time I saw him perform at the Uris Theatre when Queen opened for Mott. I was stunned at the genius of Queen II & I cried when Freddie died. In my opinion and it will so remain, Queen will always rank in the top 5 RnR bands of all-time with The Beatles, the Who, Led Zeppelin & Deep Purple. It is my opinion and I am sticking with it until the day I am dead and buried. Today is day 7 with no cigarettes. I am getting cranky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Nay.

I know there are a whole legion of AI fans, and younger viewers, who never really got a chance to see Queen it it's heyday (shame), who want to give the kid a chance because he can sing. But, Queen is a band that is just too embedded by one person's legacy and it just doesn't work. Though May and Taylor still sound and look great, to me it becomes like Beatlemania in a way, though most of the original participants are still in the band.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Adam Lambert taking over for Freddy Mercury? Say it ain't so! : Nay. I know there are a whole legion of AI fans, and younger viewers, who never really got a chance to see Queen it it's heyday (shame), who want to give the kid a chance because he can sing. But, Queen is a band that is just too embedded by one person's legacy and it just doesn't work. Though May and Taylor still sound and look great, to me it becomes like Beatlemania in a way, though most of the original participants are still in the band.
    Posted by polar123[/QUOTE]

the weirdest thing is that both Brian and Roger have excellent voices. I guess the idea of recording new material for a full album is just not in them anymore. That is too bad because I think they both still have a lot to offer the audience and to continue to influence new generations of music.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Adam Lambert taking over for Freddy Mercury? Say it ain't so! : the weirdest thing is that both Brian and Roger have excellent voices. I guess the idea of recording new material for a full album is just not in them anymore. That is too bad because I think they both still have a lot to offer the audience and to continue to influence new generations of music.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Roger has a new album in the can.....to be released 2012(?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8ZtaDOniZ0

first single released in 2011. Video in his home studio....

Brian is musically involved with Kerry Ellis, he wrote and produced an album with her in 2011. They toured Europe in 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ_9kun4OQo

video in his home......RT's son played drums for BM's band while on tour!

BM is now a "Dr." astrology, founding member of London Stereo Photo club, wrote a book that requires an "OWL" to view the stereo pic's, on his way up the UK charts with Dappy single "RockStar"...currently at #2 in the charts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5tKSeSF8-w

The Queen Extravaganza kicks off in 2012 in the US with Brian and Roger dropping in on occassion to perform with the band....

Brian recorded 2 solo albums since FM died..."Back To The Light" and "Another World" (Got to see him in concert on the Back To The Light Tour in Providence)

Roger Taylor had a side band during his Queen days called "The Cross" and released 4 albums I think.

Roger has also released a couple of solo albums since FM's death......Happiness? and Electric Fire

They are very busy in Europe.  The US fan based faded quickly after the "I want to break free" video release......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRdo7WXTVoM&ob=av2e

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Sonisphere Statement

“It is with very heavy hearts and much regret that we announce the cancellation of Sonisphere Knebworth 2012.

Putting the festival together in what is proving to be a very challenging year was more difficult than we anticipated, and we have spent the last few months fighting hard to keep Sonisphere in the calendar.

Unfortunately circumstances have dictated that we would be unable to run the festival to a standard that both the artists and that Sonisphere’s audience would rightly expect.

We want to express our deepest regrets to the artists and to thank all the staff, suppliers and contractors who worked so hard with us to try and pull off what has proven to be an impossible task and we know how much they share in our disappointment. We also want to send a huge thanks to the Sonisphere fans who stuck by us and we are so sorry that we can’t fulfil what we set out to do.

Ticket holders will automatically receive a full refund direct from their ticket agents"

Team Sonisphere