Jimi Hendrix album coming out with 12 unreleased recordings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Jimi Hendrix album coming out with 12 unreleased recordings

From Rollingstone.com:

Jimi Hendrix
    Jimi Hendrix

On March 5th, a collection of 12 previously unreleased recordings by Jimi Hendrix will see the light. People, Hell and Angels follows Hendrix in 1968 and 1969 as he works on material apart from the Jimi Hendrix Experience and suggests new, experimental directions.

The legendary guitarist was considering these new sounds for First Rays of the New Rising Sun, the planned double-album follow-up to Electric Ladyland. Hendrix toys with horns, keyboards, percussion and a second guitar, exploring fresh diversions from his legendary guitarwork. The album artwork is simple, yet as distinct as Hendrix's signature guitar wails. Be experienced yet again.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Jimi Hendrix album coming out with 12 unreleased recordings

They used to say that Jim Morrison wasn't really dead, but very little "unreleased" Doors music has seen the light of day, and when it does it's usually concert recordings.

I have never heard rumours that Jimi Hendrix is not really dead. But 20, 30 , 40 years later incredible amouts of "unreleased" music keeps finding it's way on new compilations. I have every album of Jimi Hendrix that has ever been released on CD ( except for a few concerts, compilations and imports). Not to mention three or four boxsets. I have found that even with all this that 'Midnight Lightning' an album that was released after Hendrix death, is nearly impossible to find on CD, and while I have a live version of 'Dolly Dagger', I do not have the studio version on any of my compilations or studio LPs.  I heard 'Dolly Dagger' played on WZLX one night this summer on my ride home from work, and while I remembered the song , I was quite sure I didn't have it....I checked it when I got home and sure enough I only had a live version.

Where has all this stuff been all these years? So many of these are demos and this happens with other groups. While many are interesting, they don't lend themselves to repeated playing. I have a CD called the Acoustic John Lennon that was released a few short years ago, and while a nice little disc of demos, it is really nothing all that special, But, being the collector that I am, they sure sucked my in.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Amazing how much studio work he had on tape.  I bought Crash Landing in 1975, (I was 15) and that was all unleased recordings.  Here was are 38 years later!

Side one   No.TitleLength   1. "Message to Love" 3:14 2. "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" (Correct title: "Somewhere") 3:30 3. "Crash Landing" 4:14 4. "Come Down Hard on Me" 3:16 Side two   No.TitleLength   1. "Peace in Mississippi" 4:21 2. "With the Power" (Correct title: "Power Of Soul") 3:28 3. "Stone Free Again" 3:25 4. "Captain Coconut"[/QUOTE]

Yah, his estate is why it's been 38 years! It gets even better, a documentery film was made with Andre3000 portraying the late great Hendrix to be released in cinemas world wide. Only problem? there won't be any music in the movie from Hendrix! Why? his eastate wouldn't allow it! - translation the estate wanted too much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I remember reading there was or is a nasty battle between family members for rights to the money made from re-issues.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

This album sounds like it's going to be the type of music he envisioned playing if he had joined ELP.Jimi was a big fan of progressive rock and bands like Yes ,ELP and King Crimson.

Here's a video with Robert Fripp of King Crimson telling his "Jimi Hendrix story" about meeting him when Jimi went to a club to listen to King Crimson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woRhyl4k6sc

7. This post has been removed.