Life Is Good Festival: It's All About The Kids...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Life Is Good Festival: It's All About The Kids...

http://www.lifeisgood.com/festival/

The annual Life Is Good Festival at Prowse Farm in Canton, MA has announced their lineups for the two days in late September.

Hall & Oates and Jack Johnson will headline Saturday and Sunday, respectively.  Undercard acts include The Roots, Dawes, Amos Lee, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, plus up-and-comers Good Old War, Trampled By Turtles, Delta Rae, etc.

Always a fun time, especially for the kids...it's really their weekend with more activities then they can count and their own kid-friendly concert tent to boot with Yo Gabba Gabba! playing both dates.  I've been a couple of times, and it's quite the experience, IMNSHO.

(Wondering if JJ will bring out his Curious George songs, too, since is kind of a kids' artist for adults who don't like growing up....)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Life Is Good Festival: It's All About The Kids...

Saw this header on BDC this morning, and while I've had nothing but raves both years that I've attended (last year I went both days), I was just a little bit hesitant to get too excited about the lineup when I saw it.    Dawes rules.    What can I say?  Still can't help but be amused as I follow their trajectory and am not too stubborn to admit they've grown on me.

Not easy to top Tim Reynolds and Dave M., but I'll keep an open mind.    The Roots played at Yoko's Meltdown.   Who am I to pass up the chance to see any of the bands that were at Meltdown 2013?    Delta Rae will probably be a big draw, too.   

Read that Jack (easy on the eyes) Johnson (and others) saved the day at Bonnaroo after Mumford & Sons' cancellation due to emergeny surgery for bassist Ted Dwane (and I hope he'll be okay).   

I have a feeling I'll feel bad if I'm not there somehow; you have to be there and "feel" it for yourself to understand.  It really is a all about the vibes, crazy as that may sound to the rest of you.   

"I am no fan of perfection." Ada Louise Huxtable  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

Saw this header on BDC this morning, and while I've had nothing but raves both years that I've attended (last year I went both days), I was just a little bit hesitant to get too excited about the lineup when I saw it.    Dawes rules.    What can I say?  Still can't help but be amused as I follow their trajectory and am not too stubborn to admit they've grown on me.

Not easy to top Tim Reynolds and Dave M., but I'll keep an open mind.    The Roots played at Yoko's Meltdown.   Who am I to pass up the chance to see any of the bands that were at Meltdown 2013?    Delta Rae will probably be a big draw, too.   

Read that Jack (easy on the eyes) Johnson (and others) saved the day at Bonnaroo after Mumford & Sons' cancellation due to emergeny surgery for bassist Ted Dwane (and I hope he'll be okay).   

I have a feeling I'll feel bad if I'm not there somehow; you have to be there and "feel" it for yourself to understand.  It really is a all about the vibes, crazy as that may sound to the rest of you.   

"I am no fan of perfection." Ava Louise Huxtable  

I know what you mean.  

I haven't seen JJ in awhile, but the guy's music was tailor-made for lounging on the grass with a beer in hand.  The Mellow Show, my wife calls him, only half-jokingly.

As for Hall & Oates - the choice of which was a curveball, to me - I was never a huge fan despite the handful of songs I just can't help but like.  Seeing clips of "Daryl's House" have given me a new appreciation.  They and Amos Lee are the only principals I haven't seen yet.

The Roots are just all-around great...and should supply an ample groove to the festivities.

But overall, for parents who like live music but for whom their kids usually take precedence to attending concerts...this is a wonderful compromise for all.  And a 'good' cause, to boot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I am looking forward to going this year...!

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I am looking forward to going this year...!

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

I don't want to build it up too much, but I cannot imagine that you won't have a  (Life is) good, if not, great time.   As you saw, missy, I've gone twice.   The weather the first year was so HOT that it was a bit overwhelming until the sun went down.  Last year it was perfect --- but when the sun went down, I was glad I had a jacket in my backpack; the headliner doesn't go on until it's dark, and it cools off quite a bit.   The music is outstanding and there's something for everyone.  

This much I know: you'll add to the good vibes.  :)   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

In response to yogafriend's comment:

[QUOTE]

"I am no fan of perfection." Ava Louise Huxtable  

I know what you mean.  

I haven't seen JJ in awhile, but the guy's music was tailor-made for lounging on the grass with a beer in hand.  The Mellow Show, my wife calls him, only half-jokingly.

As for Hall & Oates - the choice of which was a curveball, to me - I was never a huge fan despite the handful of songs I just can't help but like.  Seeing clips of "Daryl's House" have given me a new appreciation.  They and Amos Lee are the only principals I haven't seen yet.

The Roots are just all-around great...and should supply an ample groove to the festivities.

But overall, for parents who like live music but for whom their kids usually take precedence to attending concerts...this is a wonderful compromise for all.  And a 'good' cause, to boot.

[/QUOTE]

Ah, don't worry, I can't stay away.  It's the all-around "feel good" place to be, and the more I look at the lineup, the more enticing it gets.  

I love the "Mellow Show" description for JJ, and I honestly think I'll be very excited to see him play live.   I also would love to see the Roots.   All in all, you can't go wrong.  I'm happy that the LIG festival continues to thrive.   The entire organization is onto something special.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Wish I had known sooner, sounds good......just down the road a bit from me :(

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:

Wish I had known sooner, sounds good......just down the road a bit from me :(

There's always next year.

They've been consistently held on the third weekend in Sept.

Only drawback is they wait until mid-June to announce the talent....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

It is all about The Kids!  They are back on the road....possibly the best non-US/UK Punk band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_ORh2dKI9g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvj6eP-UGGw

And people think nothing exciting has ever come from Belgium:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kids_(Belgian_band)