I'm on so many musical mailing lists (hard copy/postal mail as well as email distribution) ---  in the spirit of the holidays, I thought I'd share this valuable announcement in the event anyone is seriously looking to purchase a piano or orchestral string instrument.   

Longy School of Music has had the use of new first-class pianos in their practice rooms at no cost to their programs thanks to an arrangement through a partnership with the Rockley Family Foundation, a non-profit org founded to promote music education by raising money for scholarships, donating musical instruments to the underpriviledged and lending musical instruments to the musical educational community at no cost.  

This month, the instruments provided to Longy in 2010-2011 for practice room use, and instruments provided to other institutions (as well as other instruments) will be sold to support thie partnership program (Longy will be getting new instruments as replacements).  

A selection of grands, baby grands, digital player grands, vertical uprights, digital pianos, plus some orchestral string instruments will be available from makers such as Kawai, Yamaha, Baldwin, Mason and Hamlin, Young Change, etc., with a discrete selection of used Steinway & Sons pianos.  Most are less than one-year old, include a new factory warranty, are tuned and ready for delivery.  Delivery and no-interest financing will be available.  

To view / purchase:
BY APPOINTMENT:
Attend a private sale on Friday, November 25 and Saturday, November 26, along with faculty and staff, before the sale is open to the general public.  You can purchase with priority in selection and price reductions.    For an appt, call:
617 876-0956  - ext.  1016.

Final Day Sale:
WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT:
Sunday, November 27, from noon to 5:00 p.m. - no appt. necessary.

Sale is on the campus - 27 Garden, Cambridge, MA  -- Edward M. Pickman Hall

If you are thinking of purchasing a piano or string instrument, you might want to take advantage of this opportunity.   You'll also be contributing to a program in arts education -- sweet deal.   
For information and/or an appointment, call the phone number above.