PJ20 on PBS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

PJ20 on PBS

"The 1991-ophilia continues on Friday when PBS airs “PJ20,” Cameron Crowe’s fawning documentary about Pearl Jam’s two decades of existence. (Stay tuned for a review in tomorrow’s Post)."  Washington Post

American Masters on PBS.  For local Boston viewers, PBS at 9:00.   As you all know, Mookie Blaylock, PJ's original name, is celebrating 20 years of rock this year, and this film takes you through some childhood footage of band mates, interviews and concert footage.
    Hey.  Join the party.   :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

Re: PJ20 on PBS

tonight? i have work tomorrow morning... might be a nice excuse to stay in :-D

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

DVR, check.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

What Matty said

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I've heard good things so far...

but I REALLY hope that it's not just a big slobber-fest.

/xx/ fingers crossed /xx/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Just watched it on DVR. I thought it was interesting especially from the standpoint of how bands change, and mature over time. This is especially true of Vedder, who when you first see him as a shy young surfer from CA, seems like a total outsider of the Seattle scene of the late 80's, early 90's, but one who ultimately ends up dominating, and partly defining it. Great stuff, especially the part on Andrew Wood and Mother Love Bone and Cornell's reflections.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I, too, liked the prologue bits...really had no idea PJ was only together for a few days before they started gigging...one would have thought they were playing together for years.  Likewise, the parts with Cornell and TOTD....

Also turns out Mr. Vedder is as spacey as I suspected.  Dude is way out there, but in a good way.

The early film footage and photos were excellent.  Kudos to Cameron Crowe (who should probably stick to music-related projects) and all involved.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Also watched it recently, and found it rewarding and interesting to watch Vedder "grow up" along with the footage.   Commentary was very well-done.   More concert footage would have been appreciated, but all in all, no complaints; nice, all-encompassing material.   

Found the delivery to be mature and artistic, and not at all schlocky.