Robert Plant in a new light...for me

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Robert Plant in a new light...for me

I was cruising YouTube looking up Nick Lowe's "All Men Are Liars and came across a couple of cool videos featuring Robert Plant. Now normally, I have little interest in Plant, but these two videos put him in such a different light for me that I think is so cool. It makes me like him more than I used to. Here are the two videos:

Plant with Rockpile performing "Little Sister" live as part of the Concerts for the People of Campuchea in 1979.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5XJX8sjYDE&feature=related

And a more current vintage Plant performing Zep's "Black Dog" with Alison Krauss. Cool take on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgzs6pT26KI&feature=related

Not sure that this makes a good thread, except maybe some of you have had similar revelations about performers in a different context that makes you like them more than you did before.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Robert Plant in a new light...for me

That is the most smokin' version of 'Little Sister' I have ever heard...with apologies to Elvis.

This seems somewhat familiar. I believe I have heard this before. Rockpile was known for bringing guests on stage with them. I have a live recording where they bring Keith Richard on for a couple of numbers.

Rockpile is ( IMHO) the most under rated rock band ever. Along with the Rumour , these guys were the best kept secret of the early 80s.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That is the most smokin' version of 'Little Sister' I have ever heard...with apologies to Elvis.

This seems somewhat familiar. I believe I have heard this before. Rockpile was known for bringing guests on stage with them. I have a live recording where they bring Keith Richard on for a couple of numbers.

Rockpile is ( IMHO) the most under rated rock band ever. Along with the Rumour , these guys were the best kept secret of the early 80s.

[/QUOTE]

I concur. Rockpile is flat out a great rock band.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Concerts for the People of Kampuchea was a series of concerts featuring Queen, The Clash, The Pretenders, The Who, Elvis Costello, Wings, and many more artists which took place at the Hammersmith Odeon in London during December 1979 to raise money for the victims of war-torn Cambodia. The event was organized by Paul McCartney and Kurt Waldheim [1], and it involved older artists such as McCartney and The Who as well as younger, new wave acts like The Clash and the Pretenders. The last of the concerts was the last concert of Wings. An album and EP were released in 1981, and the best of the concerts were released as a film, Concert for Kampuchea.

Rockestra was a McCartney-led supergroup of at least thirty English rockers. (The credited list appears at the bottom of the back cover of the LP).

Looks like one of the best concerts I never saw. I thought George Harrison was there too?????       Anyone have this on CD? DVD?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Concerts for the People of Kampuchea was a series of concerts featuring Queen, The Clash, The Pretenders, The Who, Elvis Costello, Wings, and many more artists which took place at the Hammersmith Odeon in London during December 1979 to raise money for the victims of war-torn Cambodia. The event was organized by Paul McCartney and Kurt Waldheim [1], and it involved older artists such as McCartney and The Who as well as younger, new wave acts like The Clash and the Pretenders. The last of the concerts was the last concert of Wings. An album and EP were released in 1981, and the best of the concerts were released as a film, Concert for Kampuchea.

Rockestra was a McCartney-led supergroup of at least thirty English rockers. (The credited list appears at the bottom of the back cover of the LP).

Looks like one of the best concerts I never saw. I thought George Harrison was there too?????       Anyone have this on CD? DVD?

[/QUOTE]

And also includes Robert singing Little Sister with Rockpile

[/QUOTE]

Yah, I'm thinking Wiki is missing a lot of acts, including Plant.....