Rock for Rescue Animals - Tonight in Somerville

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Rock for Rescue Animals - Tonight in Somerville

Sorry for format glitches.  
    Just thought this was a nice event, in case anyone in the area wants to swing by tonight; it's also  a FYI that there are local rockers who play for  a nice cause.  I adopted one of my pets from the ARL, it's a wonderful organization.  

At: Radio, 379 Somerville Ave., Somerville. Friday, 8 p.m. 21+. Tickets: $10. 617-764-0005,www.radiobarunion.com

The deal: Local rockers Root Nine are teaming up with the UNregular radio show “Citywide Blackout” to host their 2d annual benefit show for the Animal Rescue League of Boston. Expect a night full of loud, live music and all-night raffles. By supporting the organization dedicated to saving animals, you’ll be feeling the warm fuzzies of a good buzz before even stepping up to the bar.

At: Radio, 379 Somerville Ave., Somerville. Friday, 8 p.m. 21+. Tickets: $10. 617-764-0005,www.radiobarunion.com

The bands: The night’s emcee, radio show host Tom Crossman, will be welcoming a rock and roll smorgasbord of local bands to the stage. The lineup features Americana-folk players Alen of Dale, indie jam band Root Nine, and baroque pop-rockers Tik Tok.

The crowd: Animal-lovers, philanthropists, and local music fans are expected to come in solidarity with the cause and the scene. Leave Fido at home, advises Root Nine bassist and event coordinator Matthew Barber, “Radio is a rock club, so keep in mind the focus here is on the music — it can get loud.”

The tip: “We’re really hoping to raise a lot of money from the raffle items, so be sure to buy raffle tickets,” says Barber. Prizes include autographed Boston sports team memorabilia, a tour of Newburyport Brewing Co., gift cards to local eateries, and more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Rock for Rescue Animals - Tonight in Somerville

That sounds like a great idea for a very worthy cause.I hope they raise a lot of money.If it was more local to me,I'd probably attend it.

I also adopted my new kitten from a shelter here in my area. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Rock for Rescue Animals - Tonight in Somerville

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That sounds like a great idea for a very worthy cause.I hope they raise a lot of money.If it was more local to me,I'd probably attend it.

I also adopted my new kitten from a shelter here in my area. 

[/QUOTE]

You got a new kitten?  Nice!   You mentioned some sad news a while back, so it's very sweet to hear that the timing was right to adopt a rescue kitty.    There's nothing like a kitten.   One of my (now grown) kitties was a ball of fluff with blue eyes when I first saw him at the adoption center, and I knew he had to come home with me.  Sometimes, you just know.   =)

I would have liked to have attended this event, too, but I had a yoga event (big surprise, huh?!) on Friday evening, to support my yoga instructor, another high priority.   Hope they did well at the benefit.    Rock musicians playing for and contributing to a good, local cause doesn't get any better than this.