SOTD: 1/25/12

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

SOTD: 1/25/12

Feelin' a little patriotic this morning...

Captain America - moe.

Always love me some moe. - for me, they're a more identifiable rock band-version of Phish.  They still bust out some wild, extended jams, but their two-guitar attack and lively percussion set them apart and make them more accessible.  Their improv skills are masterful despite their kind of goofy sense of humor.

For the life of me, I can't explain why they aren't more widely known....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: SOTD: 1/25/12

Song of the Day:

Rescue Mission by Luka Bloom.

In honor of SEAL team six, who successfully completed a raid of Somalian kidnappers, freeing two captives ( one badly in need of medical treatment).

American lives lost - 0 (zero).

Someone should tell Bruins goalie Tm Thomas that his president gave the "go" sign for this mission. And that Navy SEALS are bigger heroes than NHL goalies, Tim would you rather be paid millions to stop rubber pucks or would you rather be a true HERO and save innocent lives?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Thanks to the Music Forum, and the input from the thread I made on the Scorpions, I'll follow suit with the patriotic / brotherhood theme:

Wind of Change - The Scorpions

Been on repeat with this song lately and absolutely love it.  Love what it has to say, and love the epic / power ballad sound, and the universal message it carries.  So happy to have learned about this band -- just shows once again, the definition of "new music" is all a matter of perspective. 

"Take me to the magic of the moment
    On a glory night
    Where the children of tomorrow share their dreams
    With you and me ...
    Where the children of tomorrow dream away
    In the wind of change."

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Modern Day Cowboy - Tesla

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

that's one artist that it took me getting out of sight to really give a very careful, extensive listen to.  and it was well worth it.  all about the live bootlegs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

If I Had A Rocket Launcher - Bruce Cockburn

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: SOTD: 1/25/12:
    [QUOTE]If I Had A Rocket Launcher - Bruce Cockburn
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE]

I have a live version of he doing this with Youssou N'Dour...from the old Columbia Records Radio Hour...very cool.

Never realized how well Bruce can really play, too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

"Dice"  -- Finley Quaye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWFysjSyp_M&feature=related

Thought about posting a Seal song, or the one nautical song that came to mind ("Six Months in a Leaky Boat"  -- Split Enz)  but neither one seemed to honor the Seals, so I'll stick with Finley Quaye.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

"The Wilhelm Scream" by James Blake

Not to be confused with New Bedford's own harcore band "A Wilhelm Scream"...