The concert(s) you regret missing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The concert(s) you regret missing

This might seem like a odd topic.  I would be interested to know if people can think of a concert or concerts they had a chance to go to, but passed up for some reason, and later regretted it. 

The one I really regret happened just a few years ago, and it was a unique opportunity to see a show that would never come around again.  What happened was Ringo Starr was touring with one of his All-Star bands, and he had to stop it because of an illness in his family.  So the All-Star band went on tour themselves and they made a stop in Halifax.  I was thinking about going but for some reason I didn't follow through.  The band was made up of Randy Bachman (Guess Who, BTO), Mark Farner (Grand Funk), Felix Cavaliere (Young Rascals), and Billy Preston.  I read the review and it sounded like a great show.  They did songs by all their old bands together.  Man I blew that one.  Maybe I should check YouTube.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from liamaidan. Show liamaidan's posts

Re: The concert(s) you regret missing

I had  a chance to see The Red Hot Chile Peppers , with Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam. Gave it up because I had to study for an exam in Law School.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tgihal. Show tgihal's posts

I wonder if you will think I am crazy, but I regret not going with my friends to see Average White Band at the Boston Garden in 1977!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtubes412. Show mtubes412's posts

I had a ticket to see U2's Zoo TV tour in '92 in Toronto. Unfortunately, the show was scheduled for the day after my 21st birthday.  I was so hung over I couldn't possibly make the drive from Buffalo to Toronto in that condition.  A number of my friends went and returned with stories of how amazing the show was.  I've seen them 9 or 10 times since I missed that show, but according to my friends that tour was one of their best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

This doesn't exactly jibe with the topic, but ...

I had tickets to see Led Zeppelin in the fall of 1980 (or maybe early '81) in Landover, Md. I was psyched. Not only did I love Zeppelin, it was going to be my first concert of any magnitude.

Unfortunately, John Bonham died in September '80 and the show was canceled. And Zeppelin was disbanded.

Refunds were given, but looking back I wish I had kept the ticket.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

In Response to Re: The concert(s) you regret missing:
    [QUOTE]This doesn't exactly jibe with the topic, but ... I had tickets to see Led Zeppelin in the fall of 1980 (or maybe early '81) in Landover, Md. I was psyched. Not only did I love Zeppelin, it was going to be my first concert of any magnitude. Unfortunately, John Bonham died in September '80 and the show was canceled. And Zeppelin was disbanded. Refunds were given, but looking back I wish I had kept the ticket.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

My wife also had tickets for that tour to see them in Detroit...!

I had tickets to see Stevie Ray Vaughan play in Kalamazoo, MI, the summer of 1990, but I missed the show (due to a number of circumstances).  3 days later, he was dead.

I also regret seeing the Pixies play "Doolittle" in its entirety a couple of years back.  (Fortunately, I found a recording of the Paradise show....)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]This doesn't exactly jibe with the topic, but ... I had tickets to see Led Zeppelin in the fall of 1980 (or maybe early '81) in Landover, Md. I was psyched. Not only did I love Zeppelin, it was going to be my first concert of any magnitude. Unfortunately, John Bonham died in September '80 and the show was canceled. And Zeppelin was disbanded. Refunds were given, but looking back I wish I had kept the ticket.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]
    I can see what you mean.

Just on the topic of saving ticket stubs, I went out with a guy who, other than my main ex, was more into music than anyone I've ever known in my life and he saved EVERY STUB from EVERY CONCERT he ever attended.  This meant hundreds of tickets.  Easily over 1,000.  No kidding, he took me to see Bonnie Raitt, and while we were there, told me he'd already seen her about 40 times!    That's just one example.  He'd seen some bands well over 50 times each!   He went to concerts ALL the time, the way most people watch tv. 
    I've never seen anyone save tickets like that, let alone someone who had attended more concerts / shows than you can imagine. 

LloydDobler, it actually makes a cool story that you DIDN'T keep the ticket -- Shows how your perspective changed. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Beatles at Shea and any Dylan concert with The Band as his back-up band. Other than that, I saw them all but the Stones and that was by choice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The concert(s) you regret missing : I can see what you mean. Just on the topic of saving ticket stubs, I went out with a guy who, other than my main ex, was more into music than anyone I've ever known in my life and he saved EVERY STUB from EVERY CONCERT he ever attended.  This meant hundreds of tickets.  Easily over 1,000.  No kidding, he took me to see Bonnie Raitt, and while we were there, told me he'd already seen her about 40 times!    That's just one example.  He'd seen some bands well over 50 times each!   He went to concerts ALL the time, the way most people watch tv.  I've never seen anyone save tickets like that, let alone someone who had attended more concerts / shows than you can imagine.  LloydDobler, it actually makes a cool story that you DIDN'T keep the ticket -- Shows how your perspective changed. 
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Back in those days, it was beer money!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Interesting stories!

I love
     the different forums & never really paid much attention until this past weekend (the only positive thing about hurting my back & needing to relax)...

Frank Sinatra was in Boston in the late 80's.  At that time, we were broke & not able to make it but I remember telling my husband that though 'Old Blue Eyes' might not be in his prime & wouldn't have the energy he once had, how much longer could he tour & isn't that what credit cards are for?

That was the last time in performed in Boston.

The more recent concert is Aerosmith.  Wish I had gone. Now that Steve Tyler will be on 'American Idol,' he probably won't tour any time soon if ever again.

yogafriend, I don't have thousands but I save my ticket stubs too. Tongue out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cooloo46. Show cooloo46's posts

I gave up tickets to Traffic at The Music Hall back in 1972. It was the last time Dave Mason was in the band but I blew it off to go to a lame party. On the Zeppelin theme I had tickets to the show in Boston back in 76 that was cancelled due to the devastation of the  Garden on the night the tickets went on sale. They never returned after that.