The Top 100 Songs of the '80s

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

The Top 100 Songs of the '80s

It's in reverse order, and frankly, the list lost some credibility when I saw No. 94.
    Though it's good to see two Stone Roses songs ... but where are the Mats?!?

http://www.nme.com/list/100-best-songs-of-the-1980s/266358

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: The Top 100 Songs of the '80s

Where is Big Country?  Where in the hell is my man Steve Earle and 'Copperhead Road'.  Where is Judas Priest?  Are they serious?  This makes me angry.

Just kidding.  I never take these lists seriously.  And this one is obviously just a wee bit slanted.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

I only looked at 100-91 and the top 10.. Ghost Town by the Specials made the top ten. Interesting. Love the Specials.. Putting Where is My Mind by the Pixies at 97 and knowing all of the garnbage that must have come after that kind of eneded it for me.. I will take LD's word for it that there were no Mats songs. That is awfull Llyod off topic what would you place as a couple of the Mats best tunes from the 80"s Answering Machine is probably my favorite. Unsatisfied is another

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

It's got to be a total nightmare to try and find the top 100 from the 80's.

Sure, as Mr. Bassfishing stated in an earlier thread, there's lots and lots of junk in this decade. But, I happen to like a lot of 80's music.

I would put some intersting songs in that list for sure!

I'd start with Psychedelic Furs , 'President Gas' and add songs by Oingo Boingo, Depeche Mode,Kate Bush,Elvis Costello,Graham Parker, Julian Cope, the Smiths, the Clash,INXS....ther are just too many to choose only 100 good ones.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

nme = new musical express = brit-centric list

so, there's a few grains of salt...

...but basically, I use these lists to measure how many of the tracks I owned before I saw the list (and those I never will).