Vinyl Finds

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Vinyl Finds

I used to have that album, and I think the Stevie Nicks "basically naked" on the cover was the best part. But, really it wasn't a bad LP.

I didn't likely pay more than $6.00 for it. I would have left it behind if it was anything close to $14. The copy you have could've been mine. It was in pristine condition when I sold it to a used record store for around $1.75....in 1980.

If there is anyone out there who will pay $300 for this they have severe brain damage.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I had a Beatles record from VeeJay records that was their first album called "Introducing the Beatles" from 1963,but was released in 1964 10 days before "Meet the Beatles" was released.It's a pretty uncommon record because there were 2 versions of it due to legalities between VeeJay and Capitol Records.The first version had "Love me do" and "P.S. I love you" and the second version replaced them with "Ask me why" and "Please please me".

The copy I had was a first version,but also a rare stereo copy with only about 2000 made,they also had it in "Mono",but issued about 80,000 copies.I sold it about 10 years ago,and believe me,I didn't give it away,I got good money for it.I found a Beatles collector who absolutely had to own it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Out of print only means that they havve stopped printing copies of it. I am myself a CD collector and I can tell you that I wouldn't pay $300 for any CD , out of print or not.

I was at one time searching for an OUT OF PRINT CD by Wall Of Voodoo called Dark Continent. I found it selling for around $75 on EBay. Being a big Stan Ridgway fan, and this is one of the early albums with Stan Ridgway still a member, I decided I needed this album. I was never going to play $75 as that is ridiculous. It's not a "classic" album by any means, but I needed it to complete my collection. I eventually found it on CD...not the original, someone had done a fantastic job of making a CD recording of his vinyl copy and I bought the CDR plus the vinyl record  ( the vinyl  I resold on EBay by itself, as I had no use for it)bought it for about $30 ...the CDR contains the complete LP, plus 5 bonus tracks....tracks I did not know existed. All this proves I am not just a collector, but a SMART collector.

Yes, there are some "out of print" vinyl and CD recordings that people are willing to shell out big bucks for....I don't see this album as one of them. Unless, as I said, there are people with severe brain damage. Because although it may be rare, and it's an okay album....it is not essential to anyone's collection. But, there are some dopes out there, and maybe I am wrong. Having once owned this LP, I would say to anyone who was thinking of paying more than $20 bucks...."save your money." Fleetwood Mac were good and very popular....but they aren't even close to being in the same league with the Beatles as far as collecting or influence.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I had a Beatles record from VeeJay records that was their first album called "Introducing the Beatles" from 1963,but was released in 1964 10 days before "Meet the Beatles" was released.It's a pretty uncommon record because there were 2 versions of it due to legalities between VeeJay and Capitol Records.The first version had "Love me do" and "P.S. I love you" and the second version replaced them with "Ask me why" and "Please please me".

The copy I had was a first version,but also a rare stereo copy with only about 2000 made,they also had it in "Mono",but issued about 80,000 copies.I sold it about 10 years ago,and believe me,I didn't give it away,I got good money for it.I found a Beatles collector who absolutely had to own it.

[/QUOTE]

I have both versions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

FLEETWOOD MAC - The Original Fleetwood Mac LP (RARE US Pressing on SIRE) Expedited shipping available   Returns: Accepted within 30 days     The item is listed as a Top Rated Plus item Buy It Now or Best Offer $37.99 Time left: Time left:1d 3h 59m

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I don't need to "settle down." I am not getting excited about this , I could care less what you do. I come here to entertain myself on lunchbreak.

I am just giving you my opinion. I had this album, I only played it a couple of times.

I really do not think it will sell for big $$$.

But , as I said there are lots of morons out there.

You might actually get MORE than $300 for it....aren't people paying lots of money for stale Twinkies on EBay? Didn't someone list a burnt piece of toast with Jesus face on it?...anything's possible. Give it a shot. Maybe I am 100% wrong...again it is just my opinion. That's what these boards are all about....thoughts and opinons.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I got some really old stuff laying around that was my mothers.  I'm talking Sinatra, Dean, Some dude Bravo Stuarti, Vic Damone, Johnny Mathis, 1950's stuff.  I got Mary Poppins and Oklahoma but the coolest thing is this little box set of 10 Perry Como 45's but the actual speed is 27.  Thers's a little book about P.C. included in the Box. This maybe the first ever box set.

They will just sit in the closet they have been sitting in since the early 90's, till the day I die.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

I love my vinyl collection

12. This post has been removed.