"Waging Heavy Peace" -- Neil Young

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

"Waging Heavy Peace" -- Neil Young

Sorry for another pre-release book announcement, but Neil Young is garnering a great deal of press this week for his upcoming autobiography, "Waging Heavy Peace."

I'd post some text for you, but it seems that the copy will not paste clean (thanks to the you know what format) -- so here are a couple of links, if you want to read up.  Sounds very, very good.   I love the part where he speaks about his son, Ben, who has CP and cannot speak, and how he goes on every tour.   Add that to the admiration you already have for Neil Young, and what more do you need?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/23/magazine/neil-young-comes-clean.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all

Lead in to NYT article from RS  (note, they play up his sobriety):

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/neil-young-opens-up-about-sobriety-20120919

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re:

I have yet to read a Neil Young biography. This should be good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re:

Zill, just to make the book more enticing: it's an autobiography by Neil.  :)

"Shakey" was a biography written a few years ago.   

"Young once promised he would never write a book about himself, according to Jimmy McDonough’s biography of him, “Shakey.” But time passed, and then Young broke his toe a year ago and needed something to fill his time and refresh his fortune.

“I don’t think I’m going to be able to continue to mainly be a musician forever, because physically I think it’s going to take its toll on me — it’s already starting to show up here and there,” he said. Writing a book, he added, allowed him “to do what I want the way I want to do it.”

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re:

It is likely I won't read it any time real soon, however. I seldom buy new books anymore. When paperbacks were under $5.00 I could swing it, but I read alot and find many titles at Savers ( used, but in like-new condition...can usually get 4 for about $10) or from other used book stores.