WBCN Free Form Rock

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from schmangell. Show schmangell's posts

WBCN Free Form Rock

WBCN is celebrating their 43rd birthday today.  They can be heard on wbcn.com and follow the link to "BCN Free Form Rock" or on WZLX 100.7 HD3.  Albert O was on this morning, Charles Laquidara is on now.  They will be live all day.  I've been listening and they sound great.  Playing great tunes.  If you liked BCN from the old days, you should give them a try. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Re: WBCN Free Form Rock

I listened to 'COZ for a few years.  They you could not touch 'BCN.  Charles on the Big Mattress (6:00 - 10:00)(I liked him, sorry), Matt Segal / Ken Shelton Mid-day, and Mark Parenteau on the drive home ...Billy West as all around foolish guy ... misshagaus, the lunch parody song of the day, comedy at 5:05 (bing bong) ... they were very entertaining and played some fine music ... I would have to say that for Boston they were the pinnacle of Rock Radio

"Have you ever been phoned in Upton Mass for being an unlucky wiseguy"
                                                                             dwayne ingalls glasscock
                                                                                               D.I.G (get it)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from schmangell. Show schmangell's posts

Don't know Chuckkkk personally but he put on a great show.  He was teriffic on Free Form BCN the other day.  Wish we could get that kind of radio back.

COZ was good for a short while.  You just couldn't listen long.  Their playlist was miniscule.  And their temporary success caused BCN to shorten theirs.  BCN was the epitome of rock radio 70s through the 80s.  Stations nationwide tried to copy them but nothing could ever beat the original.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

BCN is still on the air? They used to rule the New England airwaves in the 70s. Well apart from WBLM in Lewiston ME that is.