Who would you like to see do a surprise performance at this year's Grammy Awards?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Who would you like to see do a surprise performance at this year's Grammy awards?

Barbra Streisand and Neil Diamond (1980), Elton John and Eminem (2001), the list of past surprise performers at the Grammys goes on and on. Rihanna's set to collab with Sting and Bruno Mars for this year's awards ceremony on Feb. 10. Though that's not a surprise, we bet it will be memorable. Think the Grammys can pull off a surprise performance this year? Who would you like to see involved if there is one? Let us know below.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Re: Who would you like to see do a surprise performance at this year's Grammy Awards?

A tribute to Ravi Shankar with Norah Jones, Clapton, McCartney and maybe a few others. Or a tribute to Dave Brubeck, with some jazz greats. Anyone, but Kayne West and the other usual subjects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk_-XWpUFmU

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Who would you like to see do a surprise performance at this year's Grammy Awards?

Hendrix.

Now THAT would be a surprise...!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

The National

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to leafswin27's comment:

The National

Interesting.

I have a few songs of theirs and like what I've heard so far.  

Remind me a little of The Posies....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to polar123's comment:

A tribute to Ravi Shankar with Norah Jones, Clapton, McCartney and maybe a few others. Or a tribute to Dave Brubeck, with some jazz greats. Anyone, but Kayne West and the other usual subjects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk_-XWpUFmU

Hahahahah.     :D

A Dave Brubek tribute would be too deep, you're right about the crickets.  

How about Bob Dylan opening the evening with an extreme version of the National Anthem?   He could do the whole thing on harmonica, no vocals.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

BTW, this was announced, so obviously, not a surprise:

The Recording Academy announced Wednesday that T Bone Burnett, Mavis Staples, Zac Brown and Brittany Howard of Alabama Shakes will perform "The Weight" -- as part of the Levon Helm tribute.   

Tribute songs for artists Donna Summer and Davy Jones would be nice, along with songs for some of the other fine artists that passed away last year.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Graham Parker & The Rumour

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Prince or U2........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:

Prince or U2........

... or Bob Dylan ...?   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:

Prince or U2........

Out of respect to Zilla, I will keep my comments to myself!

.....NOT another "Soybomb!"

... or Bob Dylan ...?   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

In response to leafswin27's comment:

The National

Interesting.

I have a few songs of theirs and like what I've heard so far.  

Remind me a little of The Posies....

The National are easily one of my favorite bands around today..