Winter's Call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Winter's Call

Hey Gang,

How you all doing? Hope you had a great summer. Things have been pretty hectic here and has kept me away from a lot of things.  And with NYC ready to vote in a Communist as mayor, I expect things to get even crazier.

Just wanted to drop by and say hello. Miss chatting with the bunch of you; most of you at least. Hope my boy Zilla and babygirl yoga have been keeping everything real.

Winter Calls and it is my least favorite time of year but at least it reminds me of a great song, great guitarist, great band and may he rest in peace, great singer.

Back to the Badlands for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lJi0W4ZZsg

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Winter's Call

I try not deal with reality all the time, that's my way of "keeping it real."

Great to hear from you, we miss your input.

yoga is now the unofficial president of this discussion board ( probably because no one else wants the title!), we all are so grateful for her starting so many interesting ( and fun to poke fun at...sometimes!) posts.

I have noticed a slow down here, I guess most of us have busy lives ( which I suppose is good, but not necessarily).

I try to look at the bright side of winter. No pushing that damned lamnmower around the yard once a week, no humid , sticky weather, no bugs, no Harley Davidsons going by my house when I am trying to listen to music or watch TV, no ignorant morons setting of firecrackers in the neighborhood. Really the only bad thing about winter is the cold...which leads to higher heating bills and freakin' snow ( of which I had enough of in February to last a lifetime).

Also without winter we don't have these other great songs about winter:

In The Wintertime- Steve Miller Band

Hazy Shade of Winter- Simon and Garfunkel ( covered brilliantly by the Bangles).

Snowman - Rainbow

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you are still a rat."- Lily Tomlin

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Hey Jessey,nice to see you back on the fourm.Hope you are able to come back a little more often,you're certainly a welcome addition and I (and I believe others) enjoy your views on the music scene,both past and present.

Zilla pretty much summed up the current status of the music fourm,although I think of Yoga  not as a president,but more like a queen.Without her this place would be dead and forgotten.She is the glue that holds this place together.

As far as winter songs,I would also add:

Snowblind - Black Sabbath

Winter - Rolling Stones

Snowballed - AC/DC

"Another day closer to the parade"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Yoga is definitely my Queen of the forum. She is just lucky I am on old man and several hundred miles south of her Tongue Out

Took myself a small vacation, kind of on investigation. Checking out a new sensation, finding much invigoration. Hand is on the buzzer and i'm walking through the door.

Get high - high - high  on a new thing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I didn't want to use the term "queen", because some might object to the title as being feminine and therefore implying that this board is a matriarcy....president is a term that won't offend anyone as it could be man or woman or fish.

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you are still a rat."- Lily Tomlin

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'm waiting for her response to all this.

It should be priceless.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think of her as the muse of the forum - the goddess of inspiration.

Try and top that one. Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

I'm waiting for her response to all this.

It should be priceless.

How about "Oh My God" ??  Laughing

Be back in a minute or two.   NOTE: (Just got back from having service done on my car ... if you saw a woman in a black VW, with an orange yoga mat in the passenger seat, weeping (over the expense) that was *ME*.   

You're all too kind, but uh, yeah, I could live with being called the muse.   Very easily, in fact.  Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I was at the car dealer getting my car fixed all morning (I failed MA state inspection yesterday --- Can you believe the NERVE of them failing my impeccably maintained car?!)

Now I need to go back to the inspection station because they made me pay for a reject sticker (to add insult to injury) but are obliged to re-check what was fixed and give me my sticker, which has essentially been paid for.  How do we get the laws changed for MA state car inspection?   I almost accused the service guy who put the rejection sticker on my car (they do this, and tell you afterwards ...) of scamming me, but I knew better.   :P

Had to get that off my chest.    Thank you.  

Well, folks, thanks.   I don't deserve the praise, but I'm also not one to refuse it, either.   Nothing makes my day more than saying something nice to another person, but being the recipient sure is sweet, too.   

As for JE, it's great to see you, my friend.  You're a ray of sunshine and you've been missed.  If life makes time for the Forum, we're here.   

You know, I never pay much attention to the notion of sexist language (unless it is demeaning, of course, or disrespectful, which goes without saying), but in the age of PC speech and not knowing who will ever take offense, I agree, Zilla, gender-free "titles" are in general the safest.    I think of all the comedy that is geared toward making men look like cluless idiots and fools, and no one says anything.   But if it's geared toward women, all hell breaks loose.   Got that?

Not sure of the slowdown here ... but the posters who have remained faithful are in general, the best anyhow.   :)     I know from years past, that baseball season is the big show in town, and this year especially, congrats to all of you Sox fans for staying with the team through thick and thin.   Hope that the best is yet to come.   Faith is a good thing either way.   Still, if Bronson Arroyo were still on the Sox, I'd be even happier.  :)

I'd rather have quality than quantity, anyhow, b/c some of the more populated forums aren't necessarily producing productive discussions.    We've discussed so many topics and had so many list-oriented threads, sometimes, it's not easy to come up with new material.  But I haven't run out of material yet.    

Last week I watched an ultimate trivia test show (last episode, my only viewing) and got ALL of the Music questions right except for one (the song the Beatles sang on their first TV appearance?) --- I even knew "Who is the only artist to be inducted into the RnR HoF three (3) times  (seems like an easy question to me now) and the lady sitting in the hot seat guessed Neil Young, and I knew she was wrong!   I would never have known that if it hadn't been for hanging around here.    Man, it's just fun to grow rock music knowledge; music is to enhance life, and all the tidbits of knowledge really add up.  

Hey, at least we never have any of those "who is the biggest *&#%#%" on this forum, or "worst poster" threads!!   hahahah.    

I am not looking forward to "winter's call" just yet, but I do like the fall, and September has been exceptional this year.    Just want to get that inspection sticker over and done.   Smile

"Just as kindness knows no shame, know through all your joy and pain, that I'll be loving you always."