Your very first music purchase

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Your very first music purchase

The first real music album I ever owned was the soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever. The first album I ever bought on my own with my own money was Escape by Journey.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kcthrak. Show kcthrak's posts

In Response to Re: Your very first music purchase:
    [QUOTE]I don't remember, I don't recall, I have no memory of my first purchases at all.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]

Ahh, that would be Peter Gabriel's 3rd solo album and a very good one too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kcthrak. Show kcthrak's posts

My first LP was the 1st Led Zep in 1970.

My first CD was the Talking Heads Fear of Music.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brokenbil. Show brokenbil's posts

It was a 45 of either the Star Wars theme b/w the Cantina band or songs by ABBA or The Bee Gees. Yes, I was a child of the disco era. The '70s may have sucked, but I had a good time. (It was better than being an awkward teenager the '80s - yuck.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Floundah. Show Floundah's posts

LP: a complete recording of Lily Pons singing Lucia di Lammermoor. Others in the cast included Richard Tucker and James McCracken, and it was conducted by Fausto Cleva. I still have it. Yes, my tastes are strange. Sue me. ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KatesNonna. Show KatesNonna's posts

45 of Tell It Like It Is, 1966, Aaron Neville

Come to think on it, that's still a great song.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerryVandesic. Show JerryVandesic's posts

Styx, The Grand Illusion

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonyxx. Show tonyxx's posts

"Don't Shoot Me, I'm Only The Piano Player."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4ever. Show orr4ever's posts

Chicago V, November 1972

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

If you bought the 45, shouldn't you be able to get it on MP3 for free?  Shouldn't it be OK to get a digitial download for free of anything you bought on Vinyl or Cassette, or 8-Track?

I'll never forget the 8-track tape deck in my sister's car.  It was hidden in the glovebox and you had to stick a folded up piece of paper between the 8 track and the player to get it to work.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

[QUOTE]If you bought the 45, shouldn't you be able to get it on MP3 for free?  Shouldn't it be OK to get a digitial download for free of anything you bought on Vinyl or Cassette, or 8-Track? I'll never forget the 8-track tape deck in my sister's car.  It was hidden in the glovebox and you had to stick a folded up piece of paper between the 8 track and the player to get it to work.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

You see, there's no profit in that ...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

45 - "Peggy Sue" (B side: "Everyday") - Buddy Holly

LP - "Elvis"

CD - "Graceland" - Paul Simon

Remember how an 8 track tape would end in the middle of a song and then switch to the other side to finish the song?  And we thought it was great technology?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from schmangell. Show schmangell's posts

[QUOTE]I don't remember, I don't recall, I have no memory of my first purchases at all.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUS

So you're saying Peter Gabriel?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

"Sweet Baby James" by James Taylor. Was 8 and walked downtown to the Rose's Department store, where my brother worked. I had money and wanted to buy my first album, and he recommended that.

Still have it, in fact.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themanbehindthecurtain. Show themanbehindthecurtain's posts

First 45, "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" by the Tokens
     First LP  "Meet the Beatles"
     First CD  " The Beatles" (the White Album)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I must be getting old because I can't recall exactly. For years I've sworn it was Led Zeppelin II, but the more I think about it I'm starting to think it might have been Cosmo's Factory. Both vinyl of course. Then again I talked my cousin into buying Downtown by Petula Clark with her money years earlier. Does that count?