ZILLAGOD RETURNS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

ZILLAGOD RETURNS!

In honor of his return, I offer the following link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeTgx_pj6m8

(Apologies big guy, for going Disco on you, but I couldn't think of a better song to express how I feel about your return.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: ZILLAGOD RETURNS!

Just don't ever call me a "closet disco fan."

I hate disco more than the Yankees.

I am an honest person and I like a good laugh. I am always open to suggestions, I will debate anything....global warming , existence of aliens, existence of common sense in Washington D.C., whether J.D. Drew is a good player or a big baby, whether or not the castaways on Gilligans Island should have been saved, or anything else at all. But when people start to turn an argument into abuse...well ther is a difference as any good Monty Python's Flying Circus fan knows. Disagree with my opinion if you will, but present a good "counter-point" don't just say I am a moron or a "closet Yankee fan" as if that is the end of the debate and the reason why I don't agree with everybody else about everything.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: ZILLAGOD RETURNS!:
    [QUOTE]Just don't ever call me a "closet disco fan." I hate disco more than the Yankees. I am an honest person and I like a good laugh. I am always open to suggestions, I will debate anything....global warming , existence of aliens, existence of common sense in Washington D.C., whether J.D. Drew is a good player or a big baby, whether or not the castaways on Gilligans Island should have been saved, or anything else at all. But when people start to turn an argument into abuse...well ther is a difference as any good Monty Python's Flying Circus fan knows. Disagree with my opinion if you will, but present a good "counter-point" don't just say I am a moron or a "closet Yankee fan" as if that is the end of the debate and the reason why I don't agree with everybody else about everything.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Awe - you big lug. I missed you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

[QUOTE]Just don't ever call me a "closet disco fan." I hate disco more than the Yankees. I am an honest person and I like a good laugh. I am always open to suggestions, I will debate anything....global warming , existence of aliens, existence of common sense in Washington D.C., whether J.D. Drew is a good player or a big baby, whether or not the castaways on Gilligans Island should have been saved, or anything else at all. But when people start to turn an argument into abuse...well ther is a difference as any good Monty Python's Flying Circus fan knows. Disagree with my opinion if you will, but present a good "counter-point" don't just say I am a moron or a "closet Yankee fan" as if that is the end of the debate and the reason why I don't agree with everybody else about everything.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

... and you smell bad too

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Good to see you back ya big ol' reptile. I hope you destroyed a couple of villages in your absence.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

All I say now Zilla, is that you just let us know when you want to take a break from the forums. Y'know, like when Jess announces his vacations. Just so we won't worry about you. OK?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

It is nice knowing that Zilla is back online, and that we can expect to see his humor, interesting comments and (dry) wit.   No more hide and seek. 

Again, welcome back, Zilla.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

now find every thread you didn't comment on and get to work! haha

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]All I say now Zilla, is that you just let us know when you want to take a break from the forums. Y'know, like when Jess announces his vacations. Just so we won't worry about you. OK?
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]

If I feel the cold, icy hand of death on my shoulder , you guys will be the first to know.

I will say that it is very heart warming to know that this many people were concerned. But chief investigator HFsoxnut used his great detective instinct and found the "not-so" hidden message on my homepage.

I made a comment on Front burner a few weeks back , really laying it on thick how much I am fed up with high paid sports stars acting like babies. I used J.D.Drew as my whipping boy, and I don't feel I am wrong in doing this as many, many people I meet in real life ( as opposed to cyperspace) agree with me and even go to a more extreme level. I used the example of my own job and how I perform mental and physical work  for a hell of lot less money...(and I really do enjoy my job, don't get me wrong)....but I guess it came across as whining or complaining and I never heard the end of it. It was to the point where I really just didn't want to post anymore as my honesty came into question and my allegiance also.

I think we all need to step away from here for a few weeks or so and think about some of the comments we make and receive...are we here to make enemies and start fights? are we here to question motives? are we not free to express an opinion without fear of being made to look foolish?

We have a number of posters on Front Burner who I do not agree with on many topics, smiley and BILL806, are two fun people who I seldom agree with, but I consider them cyberfriends and I would never insult their intelligence and believe they have as much right to state it as I have to oppose it....and we have a lot of fun.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

It's just too bad you guys are Sox fans. You should all come over to the Evil Empire and rejoice. Come to the light my friends.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

[QUOTE]It's just too bad you guys are Sox fans. You should all come over to the Evil Empire and rejoice. Come to the light my friends.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

oh oh oh .... careful there big fella.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]It's just too bad you guys are Sox fans. You should all come over to the Evil Empire and rejoice. Come to the light my friends.

I hate to get too carried away on this topic, but perhaps it's good to air these thoughts here , where the people are less venomous.

But, as I stated before, I do not see this whole "rivalary" thing in the same way as most of this creation known as Red Sox Nation sees it. I grew up watching baseball at a time when the Baltimore Orioles and Detroit Tigers were bigger and badder than either the Yankees or the Red Sox. To me this whole "hatred" of the Yankees is something I can't get completely into. They are one of twenty-some-odd other teams that stand in the way of a World Championship and the media is who makes it bigger than life. Tell one of these "newbie" Red Sox fans that you think Derek Jeter is a super player and Joe Torre was always an o.k. guy and that Gary Sheffield was a menacing and intimidating hitter ( another , apparently big mistake on my part) and you get labeled as a 'closet Yankee fan"...just plain silly thinking to anyone with half a brain. My mistake , is that I don't hate everything Yankee, you know, as a good little Red Sox fan is supposed to.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

I grew up in a house of 3 baseball fans where my father and brother were spastic Yankee fans and I was the lone Red Sox fan, I lived a hell which would be hard for anyone to imagine. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

BTW ... they both had to be committed to a "special home" because of trouble with reality. 

go figure

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Asking me to renounce the Red Sox is like asking you to renounce the Beatles.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Sorry jess, but Evil Empire=dark side. The name says it all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

So glad you are back!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Welcome back, zilla.

And @jessey - that will be a cold day in he!!, indeed...

...and it gets pretty cold in new england.