Neptune Oyster thinks they are too good for the North End?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Neptune Oyster thinks they are too good for the North End?

Neptune Oyster Chef Michael Serpa caused a bit of controversy over the weekend when he tweeted some not very nice comments about neighboring Pauli's. Apparently the rather snobbish Serpa took issue with Pauli's newest menu item..a 24 oz lobster roll that Pauli's has dubbed the USS Lobstitution. Likely Serpa was feeling a case of sour grapes because he was not inventive enough to think of it first.

http://boston.eater.com/archives/2013/07/08/north-end-is-a-joke-says-north-end-chef.php

Serpa..another person who doesn't understand how to use social media tweeted that the North End" was a joke".

Personally..I don't think Neptune Oyster adds anything to the North End. I don't know many locals who go there. The lines are usually full of tourists who go there because sites like TripAdvisor and Chowhound tell them too.

As for the best Lobster Roll in the North End..?? Hands down..it's Pauli's. Stop in and the people you are chatting with in line are almost always locals.  I tried the lobster roll last summer and I can see why Neptune Oyster feels threatened.

As for experiencing Neptune Oyster..to me..their food is much like their attitude. Both are pretty poor. In a neighborhood full or restaurants who treat you  like family...Neptune sticks out like a sore thumb. I don't think they quite understand their surroundings.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Neptune Oyster thinks they are too good for the North End?

In response to jackbu's comment:

I agree that they add nothing to the north end.  Business must be off for Neptune and I am sure this was a way of getting attention.  I guess Neptune's band of chowhound followers aren't creating enough of a buzz.

Haha..I agree and right on cue there is a new CH post titled something like "I want to go to Neptune Oyster when I come to Boston"....hmmmm..nothing suspicious about that..lol

4. This post has been removed.