Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flash7. Show Flash7's posts

Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?

Lotus Blossom in Sudbury– authentic, creative, and consistent. Excellent management and a friendly, casual bar scene. A top choice year after year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonwharff. Show jasonwharff's posts

Restaurant Changsho on Mass Ave between Harvard and Porter Square. Excellent. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from megasa92. Show megasa92's posts

Great Woods Mandarin- Norton

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_399188. Show user_399188's posts

Lilac Blossom in Nashua, NH. Always outstanding. We have liked it so much we had my son's wedding rehearsal there for 60 people! It went off flawlessly and all raved about the food.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jJack. Show jJack's posts

If you like authentic chinese food, I recommend Lucky Pot in China Town: a real hidden gem.  Five bucks for rice and three choices plus soup.  This is the real stuff for the price of a big mac.  But don't expect to find fried chicken wings with gooey sweet sauce.

I like Chau Chow for dim sum.  I know that foodies might not agree on that, but I stand by Chow Chow. Courmet Dumpling House is also good. 

I also like Zoe's in Cambridge and Chilli Garden in Medford for Sichuan.  Chilli Garden's rabbit is fantastic, but hot as Hell! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stearns1. Show Stearns1's posts

The New Golden Gate Restaurant on Beach St. Chinatown
    Peach Farm on Tyler St. Chinatown

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brenndino. Show brenndino's posts

Myer's and Chang . . South End . . real food; not sauced and salted

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natego. Show natego's posts

You people obviously do not live south of Boston. If you did, you'd know Mandarin Taste in Sharon is by far the best! They use the best ingredients, natural oils, delicious and savory, without being heavy. Only place I've ever eaten at that you can eat a ton and not feel weighed down and ill

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tgihal. Show tgihal's posts

In Response to Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?:
    [QUOTE]First off, chicken teriyaki, pork fried rice, crab rangoon & low mein are NOT Chinese food. Second, once you actually eat Chinese food you simply can't stomach the swill that we get at typical "Chinese" places in the US. This year, my friends and I will be enjoying some Guizhou dishes here: http://www.thebeijinger.com/directory/Da-Gui
    Posted by zax2000[/QUOTE]
    i dont think thats the point, i think that christmas and new years is the season for americanized chinese food, however; i do think people posting about sushi and terriyaki are not getting the point either as they are japanese...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from QIG. Show QIG's posts

Moon Villa in Chinatown.

Best Cold tea...although I haven't been there in 12 years. Is it still there?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoNa. Show TheoNa's posts

[QUOTE]Here goes: Best High end Chinese:  Bernard's in Chestnut Hill Best in Newton:  Chung Shin Yuan on California Street Best in Belmont:  Shangri La on Belmont/Trapelo and Golden Garden on Concord St Best in Boston's Chinatown: East Ocean City Best in Allston:  Shanghai Gate on Harvard So speaketh the Chinese food maven of his regualr eateries.
    Posted by skraz[/QUOTE]

Very good choices. I'd also add the following:

Good spicy food:  Chilli Garden in Medford
    Sichuan cooking in a relaxed atmospehre: Sichuan Garden in Woburn (in an old mansion)
    Family style with a roast: FuLoon in Malden 
    Dim Sum: China Pearl in Chinatown (Avoid the suburban ones) 
    Playing it safe upscale dining: Changsho in Cambridge
    Missed: Chef Changs in Brookline

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Chef Chow's House, in Coolidge Corner.

Rusty, RIP. He will be forever in my heart.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Also --

Great Wall II
    Chincoteague, VA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portiaperu. Show portiaperu's posts

Yes, Chef Chow's - definitely the place to stop at Coolidge Corner.  And, Chef Chang's, my other Brookline favorite, is missed. 

Deciding between "Chefs" was always a win-win situation!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROLO-D. Show ROLO-D's posts

Shanghai Village, Arlington MA - best crab rangoons EVER

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from natman99. Show natman99's posts

[QUOTE]I used to do contract work at Polaroid, and was one day looking at some code written for a Dec VAX system.  A few pages in, the rem statements started quoting Bruce Springsteen lyrics instead of descriptions of the underlying subroutines.  Since a college friend of mine was one of the DEC guys who wrote the code, I called him to ask what the heck I was reading.  He told me that he and his fellow DEC contractors used to head over to lunch at the Royal Hawaian in Burlington for pupu platters, and Scorpion Bowls.  After plowing through a pile of deep fried pupu, and a couple of Scorpion Bowls apiece, they'd head back to Polaroid to write code until 2 or 3 in the morning.  With their brains swimming in MSG and alcohol, they came up with the bright idea of inserting Bruce Springsteen lyrics into Polaroid's code, knowing full well that the Polaroid guys would never be looking at the final product.  The amazing thing was that although all of the documentation statements were ASCAP violations, the code was the best I've ever seen.  High praise for MIT and WPI students, and the booze / pupu from the Royal.  Maybe the fact that the Royal Hawaiian closed accounts for the sorry state of software development these days.
    Posted by rogersmithiii[/QUOTE]

My Grandmother wrote code for NASA in the early days. She wrote a program to find a satellite in the sky. In the middle of the code she wrote " If you read this contact  . . ." She never got any response.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from natman99. Show natman99's posts

But the best Chinese food is at Lake East in the middle of Tyngsboro. This place is amazing. They have the greatest Teryaki EVER.
    My wife was at Tufts Medical for a few weeks years ago. and when I would visit her she would ask me to go to China town and get her some Chinese food. I would go to a diffent place each time. After about two weeks of doing that she said " next time you come can you bring me some Lake East?"
    That's right no place in China town is as good as Lake East.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from spirit7462. Show spirit7462's posts

Red House Somerville

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shreddnyogi. Show shreddnyogi's posts

[QUOTE]The best today is a small place in Reading named Oye. When you can't decide if you want Chinese, Japanese or Korean - this is the place to go. My ATF has been gone for many years now - Carl's Pagoda in Chinatown. I long for the Carl's Soup, Carl's Steak, Carl's Fish and of course, Carl's special rice.
    Posted by jeol[/QUOTE]

I totally agree
    Amyone who ever ate at Carl´s Pagoda in Chinatown, will tell you that it was a Cantonese cullinary experience beyond compare.
    The whole fried fish, the marinated steak, the periwinkles in oyster sauce served up by a waiter who must have been 100 years old if he was a day!
    Those were the best of times.
    Honorary mention;
    Dave Wong´s China Sails in Chestnut Hill, and Salem,
    A consistent B+ was South Pacific in Newton---my arteries harden up just thinking about them all! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordford. Show fordford's posts

Lilac House in Millis

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from batoutofhell. Show batoutofhell's posts

Two...

Fortune Palace in Essex - consistently good food. Plus they have a sushi room to boot!

Tea Garden, Groveland. Excellent, excellent Chinese. Some of the best I've had outside NYC.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jas02478. Show jas02478's posts

Another vote for Yangtze River in Lexington and for Shangri La in Belmont.  Two very different styles, but both delicious.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

King Fung Garden

Peach Farm

Both in Boston

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIMMYJET22. Show JIMMYJET22's posts

MAY'S CAFE IN MEDFORD IS ONE OF THE BEST KEPT SECRETS AROUND  GREAT FOOD COOKED FRESH IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES !!!!  RAYMOND IS A LEGEND IN GREATER BOSTON

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trinity34. Show Trinity34's posts

Billy Tse's on the waterfront.....best around.