Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from monstercody. Show monstercody's posts

Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?

It's got to be Su Chang's in Peabody, MA. We travel from Jamaica Plain for it all the time. It's the best Chinese food we've had across Massachusetts. You'll go back!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

Fuloon in Malden.  Their Szechuan is outstanding.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from micdi. Show micdi's posts

Bamboo Westford, Bedford and Dedham. Superior quality. Best I've ever had.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrd8. Show jrd8's posts

Bamboo in Dedham is great

Great Chow in Quincy is great too

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluehen95. Show bluehen95's posts

Chinatown in Stoughton/Canton (Cobbs Corner), great food and nice ambiance

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaybee37. Show jaybee37's posts

Tiki Inn located in Watertown has great food! They have won Boston's Best many years now, and I always find the food fresh and the portions are HUGE! I will always bring food from Tiki Inn to my family in Somerville, as I feel it's the best around.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhayes16. Show bhayes16's posts

golden temple....its not even close.....although Great Mandarin in Woburn and Yong Shin's in Auburn are distant seconds

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TB1050. Show TB1050's posts

Gourmet Dumpling House in Chinatown. Very authentic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from inquistivedragon. Show inquistivedragon's posts

Definitely Shangri-la on Belmont Street in Belmont.   Very authentic food, a lot of dishes you can't find anywhere else, and everything is delicious.  I've brought a lot of different people here over the years, and everybody has been impressed.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzariti. Show jazzariti's posts

As far as food goes it's one thing, but you can't beat the special Mai Tai at Imperial China in Framingham.  It's not your typical recipe and I'll pepsi challenge you to find a stronger option elsewhere in the greater boston area.

Delicious....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ken8406. Show ken8406's posts

HONG KONG EATERY
    Chinatown and Quincy Center

Great Chinese food especially the roast duck and homemade wontons.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LauraJ. Show LauraJ's posts

All Seasons Table in Malden.  Great atmosphere with a Jazz band on weekends and they also deliver. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

i like the hong kong in harvard square, egg rolls just the way i remember them

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from alo. Show alo's posts

I love Mandarin Gourmet! Another great Sichuan restaurant is Chilli Garden in Medford. Yum!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from batoutofhell. Show batoutofhell's posts

Unfortunately, your choices were centered comepletely around Boston, only venturing as far as Saugus outside the city. Had you gone further, you would have found that really good Chinese food is almost impossible to find in your local town. Sure, there's Fortune Palace (VG-Ex) in Essex, and the Tea Garden (excellent) in Groveland, but othewise nothing.
    Beverly, in particular, has several Chinese restaurants, and none of them worth a warm bucket of spit (IMO). I've tried them all and the food is uninspiring and bland. Most dishes have few veggies, and what's there is overcooked. And what's with no rice with your order?
    Perhaps it's partially because most Americans don't know what really good Chinese food is. Please note: chicken fingers and a pu-pu platter do not count as real Chiense food.
    I guess I was spoiled by living in NYC for about a dozen years. There you can find a Chinese place on almost every black - and GOOD ones! Just imagine flavor, veggies with still some crunch and free white rice!
    Ah well, dream on. At least Beverly has a really good pizza place (Luigi's). I'll have to wait for someenterprising family to take on the north shore!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfong. Show mfong's posts

So having a group of non-Chinese people tell me where to go get authentic Chinese?  No thanks.  

Foodie 1: "We discovered Korean barbeque in this town."
    Lisa Simpson: "Uhh.... before the Koreans?"
    Foodie 2: "Oh sure, they cook it, but they don't get it." 

I would rather get my comfort food from home or from one of my favorite places in Allston/Brighton and Chinatown.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Melsoxfan. Show Melsoxfan's posts

This place has been gone for about a year now.  
    In Response to Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?:
    [QUOTE]It's not my absolute favorite, but it's decent food and in the neighborhood, Great Wall on Centre Street in JP right by the Monument. It is just a take-out place, but you can get small sizes for just about everything, which is handy when buying for a small group of people. The food is good, it's not great, it is take-out Chinese after all, but I have never been completely disappointed in the meal. Plus you could get lucky, and the owner's son, who is probably around 10 now, will keep you entertained with stories and jokes. He may even offer you a map of the neighborhood for $15, or let you shoot a couple of baskets on his homemade hoop. He is hilarious. The restaurant has been closed the past week or so, holiday I am hoping, but I recommend Great Wall in JP.
    Posted by Noscreennames[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from buckeye25. Show buckeye25's posts

WANGS in Somerville!!! It's the best!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jchan369. Show jchan369's posts

china pearl in chinatown

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I just had to comment having read the "Best Chinese Restaurants..." article today here on boston.com.

Some of the listings included comments from reviews in 2003 and 2004.  Are you kidding?  Isn't there a statue of limitations for restaurant reviews?  I'd guess that there's been a few changes since the reviews were written.  Just sayin'

Happy New Year anyway! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oceanstate20. Show oceanstate20's posts

RIP Kee Kar Lau Cry

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjfl6r. Show rjfl6r's posts

Our favorite is Spicepepper Garden, on Great Road in Acton near the Concord line.

It's the only place we've been to where the "spiciness" symbols really mean something.  The two-star dishes are hotter than almost anyplace else, and the three-star are REALLY "numb hot".

All the food is excellent, but when we feel like spicy Chinese food, this is the only place to go.

www.spicepeppergarden.com

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1Anthony1. Show 1Anthony1's posts

In Response to Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?:
    [QUOTE]King Fung Garden II in Brookline on Rt 9!!!
    Posted by adbevilac[/QUOTE]

And it's not even close.  Best Hot & Sour soup in the land.  Doris and her brother are still serving the best chinese dishes around.  Order Shanghai Chow Mein, Hot & Sour Soup, Rice Cakes with anything.

You're welcome.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1Anthony1. Show 1Anthony1's posts

Sushi Corner in Melrose easily has the best sushi in greater boston.  This place is a true hidden gem. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmafb. Show gmafb's posts

Don't care about "the Boston area", so I'll go local - Fusion House in Methuen....great everything!