DWTS Season 17

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: DWTS Season 17

I was just entertained reading all your posts. Haven't watched the last several shows. Partly due to loosing interest, partly due to being very busy. So Bill is still there? That is hard to believe. Sorry to hear Elisabeth is gone. Not that I liked her much, but I felt she was one of the better participants, when the season started. Can't believe Amber is still in the running. Must be because of Derek. Glad I wasn't watching, when Cher was the judge. I liked her, when she was with Sonny. After they split, she changed and not for the better IMHO.
    Maybe I will make myself watch next Monday. Glad you guys are there to fill me in on what is going on.
    Truly, I think this show has come to an end. It is not entertaining and exciting any more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Only two shows left this season, pingo. The semifinals are next week...and the finals, the week after that

So if youre going to watch, it has to be soon. The season will be over before you know it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

edit

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks, Ache. Will try to watch next Monday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Maksim Chmerkovskiy returning to "Dancing with the Stars" as guest judge

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57612413/maksim-chmerkovskiy-returning-to-dancing-with-the-stars-as-guest-judge/

Maksim Chmerkovskiy is returning to the "Dancing with the Stars" ballroom -- but this time, he'll be handing out scores instead of receiving them.

The dancing pro will be a guest judge during Monday's semi-finals, sitting alongside regular judges Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli for the show's first-ever "plugged/unplugged" night, ABC announced.

Five couples remain in the competition -- Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani, Amber Riley and Derek Hough, Bill Engvall and Emma Slater, Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke and Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff. (Chmerkovskiy's brother, Val, was booted from the show earlier this week with celeb partner Elizabeth Berkley.)

On Monday, those couples will perform either a jazz, paso doble, cha cha or tango routine to an original or "plugged" version of their selected song. Then, for their second dance, they'll perform either a Viennese waltz, Argentine tango or rumba to an acoustic or "unplugged" version of that same song.

Special musical guests will be on hand for the unplugged performances including singer Kerli, who will perform a version of Fall Out Boy's "My Song Knows (Light em up)," and YouTube sensation Noah Guthrie, who will perform his popular cover of "Sexy & I Know It."

At the end of the night, one couple will face elimination.

Chmerkovskiy, who appeared on Broadway in "Forever Tango" and heads up six dance studios in the New York area, told CBSNews.com last month that he was open to returning to "DWTS" one day.

"I never walked away, slammed the door...and said, 'I'm never coming back.' I think eight years of doing something -- the type of person I am, I am not gonna be there until they tell us the show is off air and we're done with it, or until I feel like I can't dance anymore," he said. "I want to be able to capitalize. We all know why we're there. Everyone is doing something to better their lifestyle, to better their life. Period."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Nice to hear Maks will be back, Robin. That's good. Too bad he wont have a chance to judge Val though

I wonder if KU will be in the audience? Surely Maks will want to show off his new trophy GF. I hope so. She's lovely to look at as you know

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

It should be fun (Maks as a judge), especially,  seated next to Carrie Ann.....didn't he have a few choice words for her, now and then...

Kate Upton in the audience would definitely be a treat for all the bored husbands that are forced to watch this fiasco, lol.

PS: Ache, I'm going to tackle raking and bagging the leaves today, UGH, YUCK, UGH.

The landscapers want to much $, and the neighborhood kids are all booked up.

Wish me luck.

ETA 2p: Not bad, looks much better.  Hard work.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Landscapers are not only too expensive...they are too LOUD. Especially if they take care of more than one yard in the same neighborhood. It's like the whole area is under attack for a half hour

Good for you for doing it yourself, Robin. Beautiful day for it too: sunny, mild, little wind. I wonder if any OBN members were out raking today? (That was a facetious question)

Remember when Maks told Len, he was too old and that he needed to retire from judging? I forget how Maks put it exactly, but Carrie Anne immediately jumped in, wagged her finger at Maks, and warned him sternly not to be so "disrespectful". I think it was the same night Maks declared, "This is my show" lol

So, yeah, he and Carrie Anne do have a history. She always lowballed her scores too, as I recall, when Maks and Hope were partners

Monday night should be interesting

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So Maks is coming back? I will definitely watch the semis. His arguments with the judges was deserved. If he sits in for Carrie Ann in the future, I think the ratings of the show will improve. That is - if there is to be another season. This latest season, is so b-o-o-o-o-ring. Not entertaining at all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Turning on the TV tonight just to watch Maks. Hope he gets a standing ovation. I don't really care, who will leave tonight. I haven't watched the shows enough to have a favorite couple. Who do you think will be booted?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I hope Leah gets the boot. I dont like her very much

Patriots game tonight by the way. That takes precedence with me

No worries. I'll keep myself updated on all DWTS matters. May have to watch parts on line tomorrow though

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi, Ache :)   Leah's gone.  I think you guys will enjoy Emma's outfits...almost as skimpy as Peta's.

Maks was rather subdued and gentlemanly.  Bruno kept touching him, but Maks was a good sport about it.

Jack's MS was acting up.  Cheryl had to kick it into high gear and dance all around him.   I slept through his second number.

Amber continues to get high scores.

Corbin leads the pack.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Slim, I have the same problem with Amber.

I have to admire her though, she must have really good self esteem.

I wouldn't get on that dance floor if I was 10 pounds overweight, nevermind...whatever.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

I watched the game last night, so I missed most of the show, but I did switch over several times and got to see both of Emma's outfits, which were skimpy spectacular...especially the black one with teeny weeny bra and panties stitched in. Fabulous. Thank you, DWTS wardrobe department!

The one good thing about this season is Emma's emergence in her pro debut. The success she's had with Bill practically guarantees she'll be back next season, and hopefully the season after that and the season after that and so forth. So Season 17 is not a total loss for me

I thought Maks looked like a nerd in that bowtie. Didnt like the cleanshaven look either. He needs to regrow the beard. (With his facial hair, it'll only take him a day or two). Although KU might prefer him smooth up there

Bruno kept touching him during the show, huh? Hmmm. Well, Maks has played a prominent role in Bruno's sordid fantasy life for years now, so it doesnt surprise me, Bruno tried copping a few feels off him last night. As long as the touching took place above the table and Maks didnt object, I guess I'm okay with it too...

Prediction: Bill Engvall wins the MBT! He doesnt deserve it based on talent and performance, but he wont be the first "undeserving" winner ever. Nice guy, and he seems to have enough votes each week to overcome his mediocre scores. Now he just has to do it one more time

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I watch the entire show Monday, and it was a pain. Maks was a disappointment. Too made up. I want him back on the dance floor.
    You must be happy, Ache, your least favorite dancer is gone.
    Amber is still in the running. I have the same problem with her as you all have. I do have to give them both credit though. For Derek for working with her, and for Amber, it cannot be easy to move around such a big body.
    I just can't believe Bill is still in. At the beginning of this season, I thought, he would be one of the first one to go.
    Let's see what happens Monday. I am not predicting anything. None of the final contestants should be there IMHO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

nevermind/edit!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I see the ladies received a new nickname today lol

Technically though Slim didnt edit his post. He "deleted/replaced" it. But that's a minor point

Do the ladies really give you hard time for editing your messages? Geez. I edit my posts all the time

I'll probably edit this one too before I'm through. Bet money on it

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

edit  :)  

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

(edited)

Interesting factoid, Tuesday Weld is a cousin of William Weld, the former governor of Massachusetts.

PS: Speaking of Goldie, apparently, Derek (DWTS) has been giving her daughter, Kate Hudson, private dance lessons    http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/20/kate-hudson-derek-hough-dance-video-cuban-el-floridita-hollywood/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:

My fingers have a mind of their own.  It took a bit to come to my senses and realize that nobody wants to hear about my body type.  But I came to that conclusion all by myself, without any heat from anyone else.  ;-)

I deleted a very, very long post off the music forum the other day.  I was fresh back from an overseas trip,  jet lagged and trying to stay awake to a reasonable hour, with a small cocktail. And the next morning I was appalled at what my fingers had done.  Just appalled. 

No problem. If I had a brick for every message I wish I'd never posted, I'd have enough building material to assemble a three-story sh1thouse

PS I for one was glad to learn about your body type. Good to know that the "Slim" part of your screen name is not a misnomer:)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to RockinRobin39's comment:

Interesting factoid, Tuesday Weld is a cousin of William Weld, the former governor of Massachusetts.

Tuesday and Bill Weld? Get outta here. No way. Really? I didnt know that. Hmmm

Beautiful woman in her day. Look at that face!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I thought they were going to jam everything in on Monday, but apparently there are two shows this week. That's good, I guess