DWTS Season 17

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: DWTS Season 17

Yeah, I saw that.  I guess they want to wrap it up before Thanksgiving....so the cast and crew can go home and be with their families.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I agree, Slim.   I kept dozing off, this group isn't very charismatic.  They definitely need "bad boy" Maks back, lol.

I know what you mean about Jack, I should youtube his dance numbers and use them as an insommnia aid!

I don't get the whole Amber thing.  Funny thing is, she could win.  It's a delicate subject, and so many young girls suffer from eating disorders, I'm thinking the judges are being politically correct to the extreme, and therefore not using her weight as an issue when judging her.

I suppose Corbin is the most talented of the three that are left, but I am factoring in that he is in good physical condition and attractive to look at.

ETA: They want to pretend weight doesn't matter, but if an obese woman applies for a job at Hooters, do you think they would hire her (assuming that she is otherwise qualified for the job)Undecided

Nothing against Hooters, I have never been to one, but, I have heard good things about their establishments.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I'm not that hung up about Amber's weight like you two are. She moves so well, her size doesnt bother me really. I can overlook it

She's not a pretty girl, of ourse. Far from it. If she had a face like Christina Milian, would you tolerate her excess a little more?

She's going to win by the way. Her free style dance last night sealed it for her. She looked like a pro dancer out there during the performance, leading the other five or six real professionals she was performing with, not the other way around. Very well done

Would love to see Jack pull the upset, but that isnt going to happen

And Corbin may be the best dancer, but there is something about his personality I find artificial, and I can't root for him. He's just so damn pleasant all the time. He's never not pleasant. I hate that:)

So I hope he loses

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Ache, you were right,

Amber won.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Yeah, btw: I'm watching GMA right now, and Karina is a no show, Corbin is there alone, Cheryl and Jack, and of course Amber and Derek.....didn't hear the excuse why.  Maybe she's under the weather?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

On The View right now, Corbin, Jack, and Cheryl.

Karina's absence was explained as, due to a "family emergency".

Corbin is quite jovial and seems happy to be making the rounds, same with Cheryl and Jack.

Oops! Amber and Derek are there, they just did a quick number.

Amber just told Barbara Walters she would like to be a regular on The View, in response to the question, What's next?

She is very talented and ambitious. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

It's about time I got one right, Robin. I havent accurately predicted a DWTS finale since three seasons ago when Donald Driver won. Remember his free style routine to the "I Played Chicken with a Train" song? It was great

Best line of the night last night goes to Snookie (who seemed very happy to be back) when she said to Brooke Burke, "I missed your bo obs" lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Kate Upton and Maksim Chmerkovskiy ‘SPLIT’ after he kisses ex Karina Smirnoff

Hi, Ache.   You know what they say, the holidays can either make or break a relationship....

"Maksim Chmerkovskiy, 33, and model girlfriend Kate Upton, 21, over after he received a kiss from his ex-girlfriend Karina Smirnoff while serving as a guest judge on Dancing With The Stars.

“Maks and Kate cared about each other a lot but they could not make it work. They are never in the same place at the same time. It is sad, but it is over,” a friend tells NAUGHTY BUT NICE ROB. “When Maks kisses Karina on the ballroom floor he knew he had done the right thing. Maks needs a partner in life like Karina, a dancers life is not easy and only she would understand it.”

So are they getting back together? “Nothing has happened yet, but you can tell they still has chemistry together,” adds another pal.

BLESS!"     http://www.naughtybutnicerob.com/kate-upton-and-maksim-chmerkovskiy-split-after-he-kisses-ex-karina-smirnoff/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Stunning news, Robin

Not that I saw KU as anything long term for Maks, but geesh. I thought the relationship would at least last through to the new year. Makes me wonder if the whole thing wasnt just some big publicity stunt to keep their names in the gossip blogs. I hope not. Maks has way too much integrity for that sort of thing, right??

So who's next? The article strongly hints it'll be Karina, but I dont see it

I'm thinking maybe Sharna or Emma

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Remember, Maks broke it off with Peta right before Valentines Day.

And now Kate, a month before Xmas......

Maybe he doesn't like to buy gifts.

Could he be cheap? Or as Bradley Jay describes himself, frugal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

You may be onto something about the timing of these break-ups, Robin

I forgot about his Valentines Day split with Peta

Now this one with Kate just before the holidays. Looks like Maks is developing a pattern here

PS I prefer the term "fanatically thrifty" to describe Maks and his attitude toward money

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

EXCLUSIVE DETAILS: Maksim Dumped Karina

Note the date, Maks ended it just before Labor Day weekend. Instead of a nice getaway vacation to someplace like Aruba, Karina got dumped.  I rest my case :)

Bradley Jay says the difference between cheap and frugal is:  When a cheap person dines out, he doesn't tip.  A frugal person rarely dines out, but when he does, he tips well.

Posted on Sep 8, 2009 @ 7:33AM  

"Maksim Chmerkovskiy was the one who pulled the plug on his romantic relationship with Karina Smirnoff, RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively.

The breakup of the Dancing With The Stars couple happened late this past weekend, a source close to the couple told RadarOnline.com.

And although we are sure someone will issue the standard celebrity breakup statement of “we’re going to remain friends” the relationship ended with Maksim angry and upset.

The two were planning a June 2010 wedding.

But the relationship began unraveling in recent weeks and Maksim believed that Karina was simply too high maintenance. He felt that her constant demands were a sign that she lacked independence. “He simply couldn’t take it anymore,” the source close to the couple told RadarOnline.com.

The couple are scheduled to dance together at the Emmys in two weeks."

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/09/exclusive-details-maksim-dumped-karina/

ETA: Emma and Sharna, beware!  A leopard doesn't change it's spots.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In addition to it being Labor Day weekend, Maks dumped Karina just prior to the start of a new DWTS season, which is a festive time of year for many of the dancers on the show. Some of them even treat the premier episode each season as a kind of holiday in and of itself

So I think youre right, Robin. When Maks sees a holiday coming up, it is a signal for him to move on

And, yes. Emma and Sharna need to be on high alert!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Just wiki'd Emma. She is an Xmas baby, so I think she is safe. No way Maks goes after her right now knowing he'd be obligated for a birthday AND Xmas gift. That's not happening 

Sharna (birthdate: June 21) may be more vulnerable at this point

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Astrologically speaking, Sharna (Gemini) would be a better match for Maks (Capricorn).

Emma is a Capricorn, two Capricorns together,  I dunno Undecided

Karina is a Capricorn and look what happened.  Peta is a Cancer.

ETA: Nevermind, I could be way off.

"Typically, Capricorn being an Earth sign, they get along with the other two Earth signs Taurus and Virgo and also the Water signs, Scorpio, Pisces and sometimes Cancer even though it's Capricorns opposite sign.

It really has to do with the full chart and not just the Sun signs when it comes to personality traits and compatibility between two people."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Well, I'm Taurus, so who knows? Maybe I have a shot with Emma. Doubtful, but we'd be compatible astrologically at least

I invited her to Freak Fest. So far though, no response

Same with Sharna

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I'm a fire sign, but you would never know it, because I have a moon in Cancer or something.

I had my chart done a long time ago.  It really does provide a lot of information.

Well, I hope you hear from Emma and Sharna soon :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I hope I hear back from them soon too, Robin

I dont extend a personal FF invitation every day. Most people consider it an honor just to receive one of these things

If Emma/Sharna dont RSVP me in a day or two, I will feel disrespected and insulted

It takes a lot to insult me too...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

edit/oops!

25. This post has been removed.