Most annoying TV characters?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Andrew. Show Andrew's posts

Re: Most annoying TV characters?

Rebecca Howe from Cheers... ruined the series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beeblebrox. Show beeblebrox's posts

Absolutely Michael Scott from "The Office."  I know people love him, but his character is pathetic when compared to what Rick Gervais portrayed in the BBC version of the show.  Since I love everyone else on the show and turn away furing Steve Carrell's parts, he is the winner for most annoying.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rufus617. Show rufus617's posts

Those are great choices.  Add everybody but Neil Patrick Harris from How I Met Your Mother, that southern chick on CSI Miami, and Vincent Donofrio (for living).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandellBos. Show RandellBos's posts

What I found a bit scary is that 10 of the 14 I've never watched, and I stopped watching Desperate Housewives a couple of yawn-inducing seasons ago - so maybe I'm just totally out of it. Other annoying characters - anyone on Big Brother or Survivor. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKNelson. Show JKNelson's posts

Pete Campbell, the ass-kissing, back stabbing "wannabe creative but doesn't have the DNA" from Mad Men. I want to kick him in the nuts every time I see him in a scene!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Don't like any of those shows except ER and Friends.  On ER, everyone who was on the show after Mark Green died was annoying. 

Most annoying character ever?  Greg Medavoy on NYPD Blue.  Because a series is only as good as its weakest character, his kept the show from being an A plus!

Most annoying on TV currently?  Conan O'Brien.  Not "technically" a character, but not a real person, either....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from noparticularagenda. Show noparticularagenda's posts

Sara Sidle on CSI, makes every statement a question.  Just when you thought she was gone, she' back(?)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cebubaby. Show cebubaby's posts

The entire cast of "West Wing."  Nothing more irritating than a bunch of self-righteous lefties trying to pretend to understand the rest of society; compounded by the grating "walk and talk" scenes.

Alan Shore and Denny Crane from "Boston Legal."  Shore for his "closing arguments" that were little more than thinly-disguised diatribes against conservatives.  Crane for just being an annoying character that never seemed to do any actual legal work and seemed to exist only to serve as fodder for tired "dirty old man" jokes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lerual. Show lerual's posts

If you need an ER character for your list--not Dr. Benton but Dr. Luka Kovacz.  Appealing actor and his character had so much potential, but the writers didn't know what to do with the character and ruined it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from QuigLewis. Show QuigLewis's posts

Wow...my comment is that I obviously don't watch enough TV.  I don't even know who most of the characters presented as most annoying are!  Seriously, though, the author lost me when he discussed trying to figure out Benton's personality on ER.  Why try to figure out anything?  Why not just watch and move on!

Now, let's do a similar article on Most Annoying Sportscasters...Joe Buck, anyone?!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunkscene. Show bunkscene's posts

Yes, Kim was annoying on 24.  But far and away the worst character on TV is Chloe from 24.  I hope her character is killed off soon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bennieboo3. Show bennieboo3's posts

Ted on How I met your mother.  Neil Patrick Harris brings life to that show and Ted kills it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kristin456789. Show kristin456789's posts

How coudl you not include Jennifer Love Hewitt from Party of Five??? The most annoying dialogues between her and Bailey ever!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from achemgee. Show achemgee's posts

I absolutely agree about Pete from Mad Men.  I hate his face.  I also don't like Joan (I don't care how great her hips are). 

But I love Jack McCoy.  I don't think he's self-righteous at all and I think he embraces his flaws very well.  I also loved Rachel Green (Jennifer Aniston)-mostly because her comic timing and humor were often overlooked b/c of Chandler Bing (Matthew Perry).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

How does he go to Friends and pick Rachael?   

Ross is hands down the MOST ANNOYING tv character ever.   EVER.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cujo. Show Cujo's posts

Yes, D'Onofrio is annoying. However while all those listed were good choices you all missed out on the #1 most annoying TV character of all time. Ross from Friends. Hawkeye Pierce runs a close second in the last few years of the series MASH when it turned into an in-your-face morality play with Alan Alda preaching from his lofty pulpit. Yes we know war is awful.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joysea. Show joysea's posts

Charlie Harper on Two and a Half Men.  The Casanove schtick is tiresome and he's too old anyway. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cstroganoff. Show cstroganoff's posts

Deborah Morgan on Dexter. All the supporting characters are kind of meh (don't think the writers could be bothered with them)...but at least we've seen evidence elsewhere that the actors portraying them are capable, for the most part. I've seen nothing of the kind from Jennifer Carpenter. I don't think Meryl Streep could do anything with her character, let alone that abomination of an actor.

While we're on the subject of Showtime series with egregiously pointless sibling characters, I'll throw out Andy Botwin on Weeds. I stopped watching that show entirely because of him. I suppose it's good that series has sunk so low. Now he can just sort of blend in.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakyhills. Show shakyhills's posts

For the shows I have watched, I would have to agree with most of your choices, though I'm pretty sure you could have made it a "top 20" list by adding the remainder of the "Brother & Sister's" cast. I believe that is the biggest collection of over-acting drama queens & kings ever to hit primetime TV.

My all time least favorite character was "The Nanny" - Fran Drescher's voice was almost enough to make me commit horrible violence, fortunately I had enough self control to switch that rubbish off before the sound traveled from the TV speakers to my ears.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuckufarley. Show chuckufarley's posts

JANICE from Sopranos. Every scene she is in I want to smash my TV

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyjane70. Show crazyjane70's posts

I thought Monica was way more annoying than Rachel.  Ross too.  The Gellar sibs annoyed the carp out of me.

And I think that Heratio from CSI Miami should have been #1.  I know Ally McBeal was bad but that guy is unwatchable.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Characters who are designed to be annoying -- or downright misanthropic, as in the case of Michael Scott -- shouldn't count. So I'm going to skip over the obvious ommissions of Janice from Friends and Cliff Claven from Cheers. Of course, I don't watch much television anymore, so I don't know a lot about who's on this list or what's going on on TV currently.

All that said, I think Tina Fey is about as annoying as anyone I've seen on television in quite a long time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fcbroker. Show fcbroker's posts

Any character Jenna Elfman over-played has to be the worst.  the sight of her makes me want to turn off the tv, and her annoying "look at me, I'm quirky and funny".  Guess what.  No you're not.  you're annoying as hell

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mika41. Show mika41's posts

Michael Ian Black on ED!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghamann. Show ghamann's posts

Left off the list:
    1. Jerry Seinfeld
    2. Entire cast of Grey's Anatomy
    3. The "Ghost Whisperer" storyline since JLH's finance died

Best Characters:
    1. Archie Bunker
    2. Dr. Niles Crane