Top 50 Science Fiction Shows

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I have read tons of science fiction books and watched lots of science fiction movies.

I would have trouble coming up with 50 "good" science fiction TV shows.

If you really love science fiction , read books by Robert Heinlien,Frank Herbert, Arthur C. Clarke,Isaac Asimov,Philip Jose Farmer, etc.

The only Science Fiction on TV that has ever really impressed me was Star Trek and Twilight Zone. X-Files also ( if you consider thst Science fiction)

Shows like Land of the Giants and Lost in Space were just kind of goofy. But I seem to recall Time Tunnel wasn't half bad. The Sarah Connor Chroncles is not bad either, although some episodes are kind of weak.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

Twilight Zone , Outer Limits,Star Trek, 100,000 leagues under the sea. The originals not the spinoffs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I agree the SciFi channel is horrible. Too many no name movies with no name actors and boring stories.

I would also like to see them rerun some of the good old movies and shows.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevehud. Show stevehud's posts

Um where is this list?
    was it pulled for some reason?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natego. Show natego's posts

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????!!!!!!!!!

BSG BEATS TWILIGHT ZONE?!?!?!?! THIS LIST IS PUTRID.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedbrandy. Show tedbrandy's posts

If you have BSG as #1, than you have to have Deep Space Nine as #2, since so many of its themes, dynamics, and plot points (and WRITERS) are the same. Not listing DS9 at all is a crime.

Also: The Prisoner, Farscape, and (if we're going to include horror for some reason) Karloff's Thriller

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robhat. Show Robhat's posts

how about BLAKE'S 7 -- the show is PEERLESS but clearly too controversial for American tv. AND THE PRISONER isn't on the list! for shame!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thanos73. Show Thanos73's posts

Forgetting Farscape is a huge error and it is very obvious that the makers of the list don't know what they are talking about. I agree with your number 1, but everything thing else is terrible. Jettsons before Futurama, sucker please.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1191195. Show user_1191195's posts

Not including "Time Tunnel" is a grevious error.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Correction1. Show Correction1's posts

Since the list doesn't have Babylon 5 as Number 1 (it's the best television series ever, never mind "science fiction"), the list isn't worth any other consideration or discussion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kshaw75. Show kshaw75's posts

For the most part I agree with this list, but there is one glaring omission from this list: FARSCAPE! The show was absolutely amazing, and yet always seems to skip being mentioned.

I think you've forgotten Heroes, The Misfits of Science (flashback to the 80's moment), Lexx, Hercules (You've got Xena on here), Blood Ties (yeah yeah it was on Lifetime, but still a good show), and what about Angel? You've got Buffy on there, but you skip Angel!?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ennui. Show ennui's posts

Personal feelings aside as to the rating slots, I did not see One Step Beyond listed and as another pointed out; The Invaders. I would like to to add; The Nightstalker. It was a TV show from the 70's starring Darren McGavin as a reporter who invetigates vampire murders. Very fun!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from iokals. Show iokals's posts

Yeah, I can't get past the Farscape thing. The show only won a Saturn award every year of it's existence.

Also have to agree that a lot of these shows aren't what I would call science fiction. Seems like the whole thing was kind of slapped together.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nsalon. Show nsalon's posts

Farscape should have been included. No question.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from racaron. Show racaron's posts

Probably left off because it is new, the series "Fringe" is worthy of note. Some, like me, consider it the new X-Files.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from leegart. Show leegart's posts

A good science fiction show combines something futuristic and the ability for a viewer to use their own imagination to add to the experience. Thus, allowing your imagination to add the science is OK. This is why shows like the Avengers qualify.

While we all have our own opinions, my list of the best science fiction shows would include almost all of the Star Treks (Original, Next Generation, Voyager, Deep Space Nine), Twilight Zone (which made about the best use of television as a medium), Outer Limits, Original Dr. Who, Superman, Batman (which had me laughing through the whole show), Time Tunnel, and the Avengers (what show had more grace?).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonallenross. Show jasonallenross's posts

Star Trek : Voyager makes it, but no Star Trek: Deep Space Nine?

Puhleeze. DS9 had a great cast and Sisko was a great officer, too. They had real, honest-to-God storylines that took time to develop, giant space wars, decent villians, religion, and later they picked up Worf! Of the "modern" Treks, it stands even with or a little behind TNG, followed by Voyager and then Enterprise.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingVolcano. Show KingVolcano's posts

The poor choices make this list number 1 on my top 50 Worst List LISTS!

I agree Farscape should have made the list.

Do cheesy sitcoms like 3rd Rock from The Sun classify as true SciFi.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from VBUndertaker. Show VBUndertaker's posts

I disagree. No Starblazers? C'mon.... The Hitchhiker....what a joke...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Starsushi. Show Starsushi's posts

What I find truly sad and tragic is how many shows that were good or had potenial were cancelled after only a short run.

It seems that the average American tv viewed can't manage the effort to use their brains or imagination. They only want the stupid inane stuff that's spoon fed to them now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from molly1216. Show molly1216's posts

this list is crap, i stopped reading after i hit futurama at what? #41?
    there are probably ONLY 50 Sci fi shows that can be classified as such, trying making a list of 20 or 10...50 is nonsense. shows that get cancelled after less than half a season should be excluded. those eps were part of the original concept and are not representative of any level of 'best' anything.
    who made this list? drunken flying monkeys with a dart board?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Oldcode. Show Oldcode's posts

I don't know who made up this list, but it is obvious they know nothing of quality sci fi.

How do I know? The fact that 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' was anywhere in the top 10, and the fact that these shows...

'Earth - Final Conflict'
    'Buck Rogers in the 25th Century'
    'Battlestar Galactica' (Original)
    'Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea'
    'Andromeda'
    'Star Trek Voyager'

were on the list at all...

And the fact that DS9 and Farscape didn't make the list tells me this these people just don't get it.

Oh, and the new Battlestar is good, but not THAT good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from blkadder17. Show blkadder17's posts

Star Trek Voyager made the list that high? The acting on that show as absolutely atrocious. Glaring ommission: Deep Space Nine?? The last 2 seasons were some of the best science fiction television writing in history (Thank you Ronald D. Moore). I can't believe that it's not on the list anywhere at all.

As much as I love BSG I was somewhat disappointed with the last half of the last season. I would put TNG #1 and TOS #2.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bebopluvr. Show bebopluvr's posts

Re: Top 50 Science Fiction Shows

Since this list loosely defines sci-fi, I'd put

1. The Tick
    2. Brimstone

in as great shows--a lot more entertaining than 1/2 the crud on the list. 

Terminator: the sarah connor chronicles had a decent first season, could've been great, but apparently the final plan was to have Sarah Connor talk skynet to death. 

I think all these were Fox shows -- maybe fox should give good shows a chance.  How many good episodes of House are left, really?