Book Association

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

Re: Book Association

Not a big fiction reader either and I have seen this bio on the shelves at the library but haven't looked inside...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH JEWELRY
    the Taylor-Burton:

jeez Louise

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

I haven't read Stiff, sandy.  I read something about how it might gross out the moderately queasy and that would be me, so I'll probably take a pass though I love the title.

Elkie, I've begun reading The 19th Wife (Mormons seem to a popular subject these days) and one of the main characters has a dog named Elektra (different spelling)!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elekktra. Show Elekktra's posts

Diamondhead

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elekktra. Show Elekktra's posts

In Response to Re: Book Association:
    [QUOTE]I haven't read Stiff , sandy.  I read something about how it might gross out the moderately queasy and that would be me, so I'll probably take a pass though I love the title. Elkie, I've begun reading The 19th Wife (Mormons seem to a popular subject these days) and one of the main characters has a dog named Elektra (different spelling)!  
    Posted by -callie[/QUOTE]

hmmm. and a cat named Orestes?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

[QUOTE]Diamondhead
    Posted by Elekktra[/QUOTE]

HAWAII

Hawaii /James a. Michener

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

Pineapple

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

the once and future king

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

The Mists of Avalon

Mists of Avalon

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elekktra. Show Elekktra's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey, Elekktra:  Can you share what the connection id between Three Girls and Their Brother and The Mists of Avalon?  I've been looking at the book description in Amazon and I can't see the link, but I'm guessing there's something in the plot that connects it to King Arthur?

(Or it's probably something much more obvious that I'm missing altogether -- I unwisely stayed up ridiculously late reading a book last night and I'm running on only one cylinder this morning!)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by -callie[/QUOTE]

The Great Gatsby

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

Nate the Great

Haven't read this one but my grand-nephew is name Nate, so why not...

I hear you on the staying up ridiculously late reading a book Sandy. I do that way too much! Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elekktra. Show Elekktra's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Book Association : Hey, Elekktra:  Can you share what the connection id between Three Girls and Their Brother and The Mists of Avalon ?  I've been looking at the book description in Amazon and I can't see the link, but I'm guessing there's something in the plot that connects it to King Arthur? (Or it's probably something much more obvious that I'm missing altogether -- I unwisely stayed up ridiculously late reading a book last night and I'm running on only one cylinder this morning!)
    Posted by EnjoyEverySandwich[/QUOTE]

I may have stretched things a bit   

Morgause, Elaine and Morgan le Fay are three sisters (loosely) and their brother is Arthur.   Ergo, Three Girls And Their Brother.  Embarassed

Arthurian sibling-ships fluctuate and as I recall M of A is no exception -- although I admit I didn't revisit it to see how the sibling-ships are treated.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elekktra. Show Elekktra's posts

Nate the Great Haven't read this one but my grand-nephew is name Nate, so why not... I hear you on the staying up ridiculously late reading a book Sandy. I do that way too much!
    Posted by WalkingTheWalk

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

All these books!  I'm googling like crazy :-) (not this one though).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

You've got to love a book of wonderful noises...Cool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Sticking with children's books.  Besides, it's time for breakfast.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

In the Company of Moose
    In the Company of Moose

I have a 4 year old, so I could go on the kids books ad infinitem, but I'll spare you -- and me!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Book Association : I may have stretched things a bit    Morgause, Elaine and Morgan le Fay are three sisters (loosely) and their brother is Arthur.   Ergo, Three Girls And Their Brother.   Arthurian sibling-ships fluctuate and as I recall M of A is no exception -- although I admit I didn't revisit it to see how the sibling-ships are treated.

Elekktra:  I think that's great!!  I love it when the connection makes me think!  And I was probably in junior high when I read Mists of Avalon, so I barely remember it, I have to confess.  Thanks for giving the backstory.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

[QUOTE]In the Company of Moose I have a 4 year old, so I could go on the kids books ad infinitem, but I'll spare you -- and me!
    Posted by EnjoyEverySandwich[/QUOTE]

I've had four year olds and been in the company of moose! Actually have quite a few moose books (both four year old and adult types) on the shelves. Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

A River Runs Through It

Children's books are so easy to post!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Hemingriver.jpg

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 5thtry. Show 5thtry's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]