Movie Word Association

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Movie Word Association

FIGHT CLUB

On Brad ... you must have never seen "A River Runs Through It"  ... I was pretty  young when I saw it, and it left a very lasting impression.   More than any other movie featuring Brad that I've ever seen.   
    ETA: It's a short story by Norman Maclean. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

In Response to Re: Movie Word Association:
    [QUOTE]Day of Wine & Roses Nice to see some of you back! WillDeer, Nice to learn of new movies even though they were not as popular. I only know Guy Pearce from 'LA Confidential' which I loved. WTW, Lobster Man from Mars?  lol. Elekktra, I couldn't tell you anything about it now but I remember loving 'The Great Race' when I was young & seeing it several times.
    Posted by Another-Veronica[/QUOTE]

AV - that was a seriously horrible movie - a spoof on B-movies. Tony Curtis played a character called J.P. Shelldrake

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Moulin Rouge

WTW, I had to google 'Trainspotting,' never heard of that one!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]Hmmm - I don't see the connection between Clueless and Fight Club So I'm going to go with "I Could Never Be Your Woman" (Both Stacy Dash & Paul Rudd from Clueless)
    Posted by WillDeerborn-of-Gilead[/QUOTE]
    Fight Club was for the previous post "Jane Austen Book Club" ... you have to be fast here ...  !!Smile

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

yogafriend, Thanks for the recommendation.  Not that I'm against dark movies if it's well done but I'd probably feel the same way as you. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Meet Joe Black

Elekktra, That must the common bond.

mrmojo, I love John Cusack & never heard of that early movie of his. On my to-watch list. Smile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

[QUOTE]  Moulin Rouge WTW, I had to google 'Trainspotting,' never heard of that one!
    Posted by Another-Veronica[/QUOTE]

Hi AV - it's a pretty dark movie about heroin addiction in Edinburgh but a good film that was nominated for an academy award

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

hahaha ... and Must Love Dogs would have been my next choice, AV.  Love John Cusack!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

in Response to Re: Movie Word Association:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Movie Word Association : Fight Club was for the previous post "Jane Austen Book Club" ... you have to be fast here ...  !!
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

Ah yes - I get it. Going off "Club" plus the added bonus of referring back to earlier Brad Pitt posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from schadenfreude99. Show schadenfreude99's posts

Deep Throat

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Movie Word Association : AV - that was a seriously horrible movie - a spoof on B-movies. Tony Curtis played a character called J.P. Shelldrake
    Posted by WalkingTheWalk[/QUOTE]

Interesting - Jeff Sheldrake was the name of Fred MacMurray's character in The Apartment. I guess that's another tie in to The Great Race.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Toy Soldiers

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

City of Angels

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Sin City

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Love Story

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

The American President

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Godzilla

(one of my favorite Matthew Broderick movies)

yogafriend, I've fallen asleep during movies but haven't walked out yet. I close my eyes also.

WillDeerborn, If anyone is monopolizing this thread, it's me & definitely not you. Besides, I do not keep track on how many posts were posted by posters. 

Say that 3 times fast!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Mrs. Doubtfire

(Harvey Fierstein)

Hi Willdeerborn!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Benji

I remember Peter Breck from 'Big Valley' but not familiar with his movies.

WTW, Sometimes the terrible movies are the most interesting to watch decades after they've been made.

yogafriend, It's nice to take away something positive from an ex.  Looks like you have from your main ex.  I like that term.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

"SUMMER SCHOOL"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

THE NUTCRACKER

Hello.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

The Pacifier

(I'm going to bring this back where my halo can safely shine)

"untangle her tingle?" lol, I have to remember that one.

WillDeerborn, Glad you found it!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Day of Wine & Roses

Nice to see some of you back!

WillDeer, Nice to learn of new movies even though they were not as popular. I only know Guy Pearce from 'LA Confidential' which I loved.

WTW, Lobster Man from Mars?  lol.

Elekktra, I couldn't tell you anything about it now but I remember loving 'The Great Race' when I was young & seeing it several times.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Sex and the Single Girl

lol, good observation Elekktra.  This would be kind of in between the love & nuts.

Hi NumbaFouwer

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]XXX There's an interesting definition of what it means to walk out or not walk out of a movie.  http://www.deltafilms.net/Reviews/WalkingOut.html i'm going to make the assumption that this isn't the reason you walked out of Trainspotting
    Posted by WillDeerborn-of-Gilead[/QUOTE]
    Definitely not the reason, but from now on, I will keep an eye on the people who do walk out!  hahahah!

I have *rarely* walked out of a movie ... I usually just shut my eyes if a scene bothers me!

Dark is ok with me, too, AV, but you know what I mean when we all know our limits.  Not worth a nightmare!!   Wink