McDonalds Hails Cleveland Hero Charles Ramsey On Twitter (15 minutes of fame well deserved!)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

McDonalds Hails Cleveland Hero Charles Ramsey On Twitter (15 minutes of fame well deserved!)

Charles Ramsey: ‘I Don’t Want’ Media Attention, I’m Just An ‘American’ And A ‘Human Being’

Charles Ramsey, a neighbor who said he heard screaming from the house, noted in an interview with a local TV station that he was eating McDonald’s when the scene unfolded Monday. He also made note of his meal in a 911 call. Both the interview and the 911 call went viral online.

On Tuesday, the world’s biggest hamburger company addressed the matter on Twitter.

Charles Ramsey Twitter

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: McDonalds Hails Cleveland Hero Charles Ramsey On Twitter (15 minutes of fame well deserved!)

I wonder if McDonald's would have had any comment if Ramsey ate at Wendy's?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: McDonalds Hails Cleveland Hero Charles Ramsey On Twitter (15 minutes of fame well deserved!)

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

I wonder if McDonald's would have had any comment if Ramsey ate at Wendy's?

"One hand washes the other"   (mutual favors are exchanged)

Charles Ramsey is an Angel; I hope wonderful opportunities come his way and that he uses them wisely.

Avatar from "The Art of Catherine Darling Hostetter" 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Whatever mistakes he made are in the past, his actions on 5/6/2013 provide him with total redemption (imo).

Maybe he'll get some marriage proposals (if he's not spoken for) and a decent job offer.

I bet Amanda and her little girl will never forget him.

PS: Charles Ramsey, get some professional PR and financial advice now!

Take it slow, I wish you the best.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Charles Ramsey -- the hero who helped free Amanda Berry and 2 other women in Ohio -- tells TMZ ... he's not ashamed that media outlets have uncovered the domestic violence arrests in his past, claiming he used the incidents to grow into a better person.

After Ramsey exploded into viral superstardom thanks to his heroic actions (and follow-up interviews), several websites posted the details from 3 separate domestic violence arrests involving an ex-wife that all took place between 1997 and 2003.

We spoke to Ramsey, who told us ... "I've made amends with the people involved and we've all moved on and grown up."

Ramsey adds, "Those incidents helped me become the man I am today and are the reason why I try to help the community as much as I can ... Including those women."

"If I had so much hatred for women, I would have minded my own business this week and walked away instead of risking my life to save someone else."

For her part, Ramsey's ex-wife says Charles eventually apologized for the domestic incidents and the two are now on an "okay basis."     http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/09/charles-ramsey-domestic-violence-arrest-ohio-hero/

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Okay, so he doesn't beat women anymore.

Maybe he can work on improving his diet by eating fruits and vegetables.

Not every one who does the occasional good deed deserves the title "angel."

Can we just say he did good and leave it at that?...why do we have to paint every do-gooder as a hero.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Bomber #2 gets his picture and story on page 1 of the Sunday NYT.

I would rather see someone like Charles Ramsey on the front page of the NYT!

Charles Ramsey is a rock star!!!

ETA: He took a chance on getting arrested for a B&E, to help a woman in distress.

Or even worse, he could have been confronted by the homeowner.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

Bomber #2 gets his picture and story on page 1 of the Sunday NYT.

I would rather see someone like Charles Ramsey on the front page of the NYT!

Charles Ramsey is a rock star!!!

ETA: He took a chance of getting arrested for B&E, to help a woman in distress.

Or even worse, he could have been confronted by the homeowner.

The term "Rock Star" for someone who is famous, talented or heroic always makes me laugh.

They referred to Obama as a sort of Rock Star....not a proper comparison. Ramsey doesn't fit that description either.

Generally Rock Stars are people with musical talent. Many of them are as far from sainthood and would not be put in the category of "angel." Rock Stars tend to be more along the lines of "anti-heros."

We love our Rock Stars , and I'm one of Rock's biggest fans. I love the music, many of the famous Rock Stars were not very respectable people, they became Rock musicians because they didn't want to work, were rebelious, and many were just plain irresponsible.

John Lennon , Eric Clapton, Iggy Pop all were addicted to heroin at some point. The exploits of the members of Led Zeppelin during their height of popularity are legendary in magnitude of debauchery and sleeziness.

Being a hero in real life and being a hero on stage with a guitar is a totally different thing.

As I said, the guy did a good thing, he isn't ready to unseat the Pope just yet.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Hey msobs: guess bubu is no longer ignoring youTongue Out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Charles Ramsey -- the hero who helped free Amanda Berry and 2 other women in Ohio -- tells TMZ ... he's not ashamed that media outlets have uncovered the domestic violence arrests in his past, claiming he used the incidents to grow into a better person.

After Ramsey exploded into viral superstardom thanks to his heroic actions (and follow-up interviews), several websites posted the details from 3 separate domestic violence arrests involving an ex-wife that all took place between 1997 and 2003.

We spoke to Ramsey, who told us ... "I've made amends with the people involved and we've all moved on and grown up."

Ramsey adds, "Those incidents helped me become the man I am today and are the reason why I try to help the community as much as I can ... Including those women."

"If I had so much hatred for women, I would have minded my own business this week and walked away instead of risking my life to save someone else."

For her part, Ramsey's ex-wife says Charles eventually apologized for the domestic incidents and the two are now on an "okay basis."     http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/09/charles-ramsey-domestic-violence-arrest-ohio-hero/

I am glad he also did not spend all day on the computer, searching people's pasts and posting the info on line.  If he did this he would have missed much of life, including saving all these people.

you mean like Robin just did?Undecided

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Moi?   On the computer all day?  Lol,  I wish....I mowed the lawn, weedwacked the weeds, did 2 loads of laundry,  walked 7 miles, all by 11a today!  I just came in to unwind.

@jackbu, maybe DWTS will ask Charles Ramsey to be a celebrity contestant, wouldn't that be fun?

We need to get this guy a manager Smile

PS: I forgot to mention I'm also making a big pot of vegetarian chili, as we speak!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Moi?   On the computer all day?  Lol,  I wish....mowed the lawn, weedwacked the weeds, did 2 loads of laundry, and walked 7 miles, all by 11a today!  I just came in to unwind.

@jackbu, maybe DWTS will ask Charles Ramsey to be a celebrity contestant, wouldn't that be fun?

We need to get this guy a manager Smile

Well bubu is ignoring msobs and his comment was in response to your comment in which you did exactly what he complained about. Seems clear he was talking about you no?Wink

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

If McDonald's does the right thing by Charles Ramsey...I promise to eat there at least once a week from now on! 

Btw: The salads are pretty good!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.