Have you had to scrub your online persona?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Have you had to scrub your online persona?

For many job-seekers, cleaning up their online persona has become a must. But that can be a major undertaking, including not just their own posts on a variety of sites but embarrassing tidbits posted about them by friends or acquaintances.

Have you had to clean up your online persona for either professional or personal reasons?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cujo. Show Cujo's posts

Re: Have you had to scrub your online persona?

If a prospective or current employer is going to delve into what I do after hours then that is an organization that I do not want to be a part of. If they are so hyper-sensitive and shallow that a 4 year old picture of me at a keg party drinking a beer is a reason not to hire me - what kind of life and treatment can you expect at that company. I work hard and I play hard. My time during work is devoted to my employer. My time AFTER work? As long as it doesn't involve farm animals and something illegal then it is none of anybody's damn business.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OffshoreSoxfan. Show OffshoreSoxfan's posts

I'm with Cujo. I wouldn't be remotely interested in working for someone who treats people with little or no dignity during a hiring process. It only predicts your future relationship. And if I were a potential employer, I wouldn't want a company full of dull, boring drones working for me. Companies that use this process to hire are taking advantage of a lousy economy and should be ashamed of themselves. Karma's a b**ch though...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruno75. Show bruno75's posts

In response to Cujo's comment:

If a prospective or current employer is going to delve into what I do after hours then that is an organization that I do not want to be a part of. If they are so hyper-sensitive and shallow that a 4 year old picture of me at a keg party drinking a beer is a reason not to hire me - what kind of life and treatment can you expect at that company. I work hard and I play hard. My time during work is devoted to my employer. My time AFTER work? As long as it doesn't involve farm animals and something illegal then it is none of anybody's damn business.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruno75. Show bruno75's posts

Good luck with that attitude cujo.  Drinking a beer at a keg party is not the deal killer.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from New2Boston. Show New2Boston's posts

The guy who sits next to me at work was part of a hiring panel for a position of public trust.  He asked a candidate if he ever did anything illegal.  After the young man said "No, never," he showed him the (very recent) picture he pulled from the guy's Facebook page, the one of him bragging about stealing and showing off what he'd swiped.

Needless to say, that man is neither being paid with, or allowed to spend, a dime of your tax dollars, at least not with my organization.

Sorry Cujo, it does matter.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin-smith. Show kevin-smith's posts

Online presence and persona is really important for a person as well as for any business. It's allowed us to show our potential and create new opportunities.

Australia Email List