Best and worst of Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCFeaturesEditor. Show BDCFeaturesEditor's posts

Best and worst of Boston?

What are your favorite and least favorite things about Boston? Where would you rank the art, nightlife, sports scene, and anything else you'd like to compare to other US cities?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahDaivs. Show SarahDaivs's posts

Re: Best and worst of Boston?

I'm sorry but I lived in Chicago for 2 years. Better pizza than us?? You must be kidding. Huge doughy slices that only helped the Windy City win Men's Health magazine award for the fattest city in the US that year.

Better museums in Sante Fe?? I've been there twice and can't even see the comparison. 

Wonder what the criteria was to participate in this survey?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The only thing I would disagree with is the driving.  Boston drivers and pretty good.  It's the tourists and students that cause the problems.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfabz. Show jfabz's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only thing I would disagree with is the driving.  Boston drivers and pretty good.  It's the tourists and students that cause the problems.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Having moved to Raleigh, NC from Boston I have witnessed more accidents in Raleigh. Cars invloved in fender benders would rather stop in the middle of the road than pull off to the side. Drivers panic with a dusting of snow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbrig. Show bigbrig's posts

I can understand why we're so low on the happy hour rating, as the state outlawed typical happy hour drink specials years ago. I can go into most cities and get two microbrew drafts for $5 during happy hour. Not here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossen. Show mossen's posts

Most of those categories matter so little that arguing about them is silly. But I will say that the lack of happy hour in this city probably has more to with the fact that most professionals in the city dont work a straight 9-5. Nevertheless, who cares?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftCoastDon. Show LeftCoastDon's posts

Can't have a happy hour in a city where happy hours and other like promotions have been illegal for decades. But I have to take issue with the driving. Here in Sacramento, where I've lived for the past 26 years and change, too many drivers think that they're the only ones on the road (proper lane usage, anyone?), they don't pay attention (one would be amazed, and not in a good way, at some of the things that I've observed the locals doing while trying to drive), or maybe it's a little of both as well as other factors (tailgate much?) possibly being at work. But either way, Sacramento (and elsewhere in NorCal) drivers ARE the worst drivers that I've ever seen, bar none. One wouldn't believe the number of accidents that occur around here when the roads/highway are dry and the weather is perfectly clear. And don't even get me started on how crazy regional drivers get when we get a little, and I mean ONLY a little, precipitation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Floundah. Show Floundah's posts

When it comes to classical music, Boston should be much lower on the list. It's a great city for instrumentalists, church choristers, and for early music fans. If you love opera, especially the repertoire that requires big voices, go to NYC.

As a native of New England, I get to say the following: NYC is a fun place to be. Boston is not.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BijousMom. Show BijousMom's posts

In response to Floundah's comment:

When it comes to classical music, Boston should be much lower on the list. It's a great city for instrumentalists, church choristers, and for early music fans. If you love opera, especially the repertoire that requires big voices, go to NYC.

As a native of New England, I get to say the following: NYC is a fun place to be. Boston is not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BijousMom. Show BijousMom's posts

Maybe Floundah should go to NYC and stay there.