Your thoughts on driverless vehicles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCBusinessStaff. Show BDCBusinessStaff's posts

Your thoughts on driverless vehicles

California Gov. Jerry Brown on Tuesday, Sept. 25, signed legislation that will pave the way for driverless cars in California. The bill by Democratic Sen. Alex Padilla will establish safety and performance regulations to test and operate autonomous vehicles on state roads and highways.

Google aims to improve driver safety through its self-driven vehicle. What do you think of this technology? Would you let a computer drive you to and from work? Can you see this technology coming to Massachusetts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from workingman1. Show workingman1's posts

Re: Your thoughts on driverless vehicles

So what happen when the software has a glitch and the car ends up smashing in to a crowd of pedestrians???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Original_Diehard. Show Original_Diehard's posts

I wonder what the car does when an animal runs in front of it? e.g.-brake, swerve, both?

As with people nothing is flawless. I think it would have a better record than human drivers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vasemare. Show vasemare's posts

I'm not sure if I am ready for this. That being said we know it is coming down the pike(pun intended).

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjk22061. Show mjk22061's posts

I love the concept of a driverless car....of course the devil is in the details

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from throwthemout. Show throwthemout's posts

How will the driverless car change a flat tire? What will it do when there is a major accident ahead? How will it reason when somone is trying to hijack it? Just a few ideas besides stop and go.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GWulin. Show GWulin's posts

Google Maps has not proven to be 100 perc cent reliable. Is the driverless car relying on Google Maps ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhythmdoc5001. Show rhythmdoc5001's posts

Cars that have the potential to eliminate distracted or drunk driving sound great, and it would be nice to have an autopilot feature for long rides or high traffic volume commutes. Self parking and dropoff would be sweet too. But I want to be able to drive my car as well. I enjoy it. I would only opt in on rare occassions, and would want to be able to unplug from the grid whenever. There are major privacy and data ownership concerns that need to be addressed-not just here but in all aspects of Google life. Remember-"you have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide" was a  saying of Goebbels.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from louwho2008. Show louwho2008's posts

How reliable is this technology

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from avidreader13. Show avidreader13's posts

Sounds scary.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.