Interesting article regarding cats catching mice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Interesting article regarding cats catching mice

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/lifestyle/view/2011_1023prevailing_in_game_of_cat_and_mouse/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: Interesting article regardging cats catching mice

Clicked on and found the article interesting.  That's pretty much the scenario around here when Cheerio catches a mouse.  She is soooo proud of herself, has never made an attempt to eat one (only had one cat in 40 years that did that), just mews with her mouth closed around the mouse, brings it to wherever I am. Drops it, pokes it, tosses it around and plays with it until she loses interest.  I've become pretty adapt at dropping the old shoe box over the free standing mouse, sliding a section of newspaper underneath, flipping over and then disposing of it up the back of the yard.  She looks around for it for a while, under pieces of furniture, but her attention span is short - it's all a dream within minutes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Interesting article regardging cats catching mice

Cute article...we used to have a cat..he was a big old outdoor cat. We tried to turn him into an indoor cat..but he was having none of it. Anyhow..he was a very..and I mean very prolific hunter. He never ate what he hunted..since he was also very well fed..but he loved to hunt. He always brought his "trophy" home and dropped it on the floor just inside the back door..then he would sit there waiting for praise...there wasn't much in the way of small animals that he did not bring home...once..he even dragged home a rabbit...( thankfully that one he dropped outside on the back steps..)